No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Coach Marshall shared on the radio that one of his Assistants thought that Fred is a better player right now than Moore with Illinois State? Yikes, Moore is solid!!!!!!!
    Last edited by forevershockerfan; March 12, 2012, 06:11 PM.
    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• I've seen the video of Fred but I was wondering if Fred is going to be physical enough to play his first year or would a year under Kerry be beneficial for him. TC came in and was already in a mans body.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        I've seen the video of Fred but I was wondering if Fred is going to be physical enough to play his first year or would a year under Kerry be beneficial for him. TC came in and was already in a mans body.
        I don't know for sure who's right (I know that you said you're just wondering) but Coach Marshall said the other day on his radio show that Fred is physically prepared to play right now. No offense, but I'll take Coaches take on this.

Comment

• If HCGM thinks he is physically prepared to play then who am I to disagree. Saw in todays paper that Marshall in his first job was everything including the conditioning coach. I think he also had to wash the dishes after the team meals. Ha ha ha ha

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
            I've seen the video of Fred but I was wondering if Fred is going to be physical enough to play his first year or would a year under Kerry be beneficial for him. TC came in and was already in a mans body.
            If you've seen recent video, then you know he's ready to play.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

• I really hope Fred is what he is being built up to be. 709 posts in the recruiting thread is heading for EO hype and the jury is still out on him.

FVV really does appear to be that, I just hope everyone isn't going a little overboard.

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                I really hope Fred is what he is being built up to be. 709 posts in the recruiting thread is heading for EO hype and the jury is still out on him.

FVV really does appear to be that, I just hope everyone isn't going a little overboard.
                Overboard would be saying Fred is the next Derrick Rose. There is no jury still out on Fred, every reliable source is extremely high on FVV.
                "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
                -John Wooden

Comment

• Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                  I really hope Fred is what he is being built up to be. 709 posts in the recruiting thread is heading for EO hype and the jury is still out on him.

At this point, why not go overboard. We need something to do until Thursday.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shox21 View Post
                    At this point, why not go overboard. We need something to do until Thursday.
                    Good point. He is a very good player.

Comment

• Originally posted by wu_shizzle View Post
                      If you've seen recent video, then you know he's ready to play.
                      I cannot find it. Is it in this thread somewhere?

Thank you.
                      "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                        I cannot find it. Is it in this thread somewhere?

Thank you.

Bottom of page is where his videos are.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                          http://shockerhoops.net/recruiting/fred-vanvleet/

Kai,

Does Fred have have any recent videos?

Why have you never listed Teddy Hawkin's videos with the other signed players?

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster View Post
                            Kai,

Does Fred have have any recent videos?

Why have you never listed Teddy Hawkin's videos with the other signed players?
                            Just been too busy to get around to it in the beginning, and now I had completely forgotten that I hadn't created his page. Looks like a project for after the tournament when things slow down.

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_ View Post
                              http://shockerhoops.net/recruiting/fred-vanvleet/

Thanks. His jab step, either left or right, is nasty.
                              "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricardo del Rio View Post
                                Thanks. His jab step, either left or right, is nasty.
                                Beyond nasty. And from just watching his videos and seeing how he has progressed, it seemed early that he had a very strong lateral left to right and right to left cross over. That was very evident. But it seems that he's developed a backstep move to give him space for his shot. He's done it a few times with his 3 point shot. He's one of those players that not only is he incredibly gifted with intangibles like court vision and iq, but he seems to be able to continue to elevate his game within his tangible skill areas such as passing, shooting, etc.

Comment

Working...
                                X