No announcement yet.

Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think you guys will like this... It's a quote by FVV about his win in last nights game...couriernews.suntimes.com

“The biggest thing is we want to be the aggressor and we want to make teams frustrated,” said Van Vleet, who last year committed to Wichita State. “The full-court pressure and four quarters of defense are important to us.
    “I think we kind of shocked them in the first quarter.”
    Last edited by Mrclove4; March 7, 2012, 07:01 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mrclove4 View Post
      I think you guys will like this... It's a quote by FVV about his win in last nights game...couriernews.suntimes.com

“The biggest thing is we want to be the aggressor and we want to make teams frustrated,” said Van Vleet, who last year committed to Wichita State. “The full-court pressure and four quarters of defense are important to us.
      “I think we kind of shocked them in the first quarter.”

How about that? A young man that knows defense starts everything else.

Comment

• Originally posted by pogo View Post
        How about that? A young man that knows defense starts everything else.
        And has the word "shock" engrained in his heart already.
        Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Illinois Mr.Basketball

Here is a great article on FVV and the upcoming Illinois Mr.Basketball
          voting...http://www.hardhoopsnews.com/vanvlee...asketball.html

Comment

• Sectional Title for FVV

You guys are so lucky to get this kid!!..FVV was AMAZING again in a 67-56 sectional championship win tonight. Fred had 32pts. He took the game over in the second half hitting big 3's down the stretch and dishing out dimes to teammates... FVV plays again Tuesday night in the final 8. Stay tuned....
            Last edited by Mrclove4; March 9, 2012, 10:32 PM.

Comment

You guys are so lucky to get this kid!!..FVV was AMAZING again in a 67-56 sectional championship win tonight. Fred had 24pts. He took the game over in the second half scoring 14pts hitting big 3's down the stretch and dishing out dimes to teammates... FVV plays again Tuesday night in the final 8. Stay tuned....
              Yes we are. I got a feeling by the time his career is done here he will believe that the luck was mutual and that he was lucky to have come here as well.

Will there be an Internet feed of his game on Tuesday?
              Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

• Just saw Phil Pressey do a great crossover move against Texas...................guess who immediately came to mind. If I wasn't having so much fun this season I would wish it was next season.

By the way, congratulations Fred.
                Where oh where is our T. Boone Pickens.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                  Yes we are. I got a feeling by the time his career is done here he will believe that the luck was mutual and that he was lucky to have come here as well.

Will there be an Internet feed of his game on Tuesday?
                  There maybe... You can check 1330 wnta.com or 1440 wrok.com or the IHSA web-site game time is 8:00pm Tuesday

Comment

• Mrclove4 is he hot or what. Here I am scarded **** less when Elgin is within 3. Holding $2,130 worth of half court tickets (213) when all the sudden Fred goes off and my heart rate goes back under 500 beats per minute. Thank you Fred for saving my pocket book and a lot of phone calls to other high schools to sell tickets. Got your tickets Mrclove4. Get a hold of me. If shocker fans were in the area stop in and check out Fred. Now with both NIC10 teams in the respective classes the house at NIU will be "rockin". I would assume that it might be the first sell out of quarter finals (10,000) seats. I would assume there could be between 6 and 7 thounsand from the Rockford area. The NIC10 was a solid conference. With Auburn going to at least 150 in the nation this week Fred does become one of the front runners for Mr Basketball Illinois. He has better moves then when I use to watch Isiaha Thomas. YES I said Isiaha!!!!!!!! FRED is SSSSSHHHHHOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! A friend and I have a new nick name for him THE STUN GUN.

Comment

You guys are so lucky to get this kid!!..FVV was AMAZING again in a 67-56 sectional championship win tonight. Fred had 32pts. He took the game over in the second half hitting big 3's down the stretch and dishing out dimes to teammates... FVV plays again Tuesday night in the final 8. Stay tuned....
                      Good read on FVV huge game last night......http://www.dailyherald.com/article/2...rts/703109919/

Comment

• Originally posted by PyroAL View Post
                        Mrclove4 is he hot or what. Here I am scarded **** less when Elgin is within 3. Holding $2,130 worth of half court tickets (213) when all the sudden Fred goes off and my heart rate goes back under 500 beats per minute. Thank you Fred for saving my pocket book and a lot of phone calls to other high schools to sell tickets. Got your tickets Mrclove4. Get a hold of me. If shocker fans were in the area stop in and check out Fred. Now with both NIC10 teams in the respective classes the house at NIU will be "rockin". I would assume that it might be the first sell out of quarter finals (10,000) seats. I would assume there could be between 6 and 7 thounsand from the Rockford area. The NIC10 was a solid conference. With Auburn going to at least 150 in the nation this week Fred does become one of the front runners for Mr Basketball Illinois. He has better moves then when I use to watch Isiaha Thomas. YES I said Isiaha!!!!!!!! FRED is SSSSSHHHHHOOOOOCCCCCKKKKKIIIIINNNNNGGGGG!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!! A friend and I have a new nick name for him THE STUN GUN.
                        THE STUN GUN!!..LOVE IT!!...LOL... FVV is the truth!..Thanks for the ticket offer, but I have a friend who works for the district and has tickets for both games. We also have hotel rooms booked for Peoria...:)

Comment

• I love that high school basketball is followed with such a passion in Illinois! Thanks for all the info from the local fans!
                          Livin the dream

Comment

There maybe... You can check 1330 wnta.com or 1440 wrok.com or the IHSA web-site game time is 8:00pm Tuesday
                            Another sign FVV meant to be a Shocker, as you'll listen to Mike Kennedy frenetically describe Fred's display on 1330 KNSS
                            "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
                            ---------------------------------------
                            Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
                            "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
                            "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

• Stun gun may be a good nick name but I think I have a better one. We can use FVV's own words...."When big moments come, its my time. Big moments never fail me." The Shocers have their "Big Show" now we have our "Big Moment" Fred VanVleet.

Comment

• Stun Gun is good. Also, what about "Ready" Freddie VanVleet? Freddie "The Viper" VanVleet?

Like, "The Viper throws a perfect assist to Early for the alley-oop SLAM DUNK!"

Comment

Working...
                                X