Fred VanVleet is a Shocker!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by _kai_
    If you guys are wanting to see some FVV slick moves in action, watch this: http://shockerhoops.net/fred-van-vleet-video/
    Do you think the miss by Fred on a drive was really a pass off the backboard LOL.
    In the fast lane

Comment

• Tyrone would be proud. The kid is smooth with the rock
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Wow, this kid definately has a high basketball IQ. I love towords the end he has 3 guys trying to defend him before he finds the open man LOL. Talk about breaking down a defense.
        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• He's a great start. With a little luck regarding other top ranked recruits that we're in on, this could be a top notch recruiting class (not just in the Valley).

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
            Don't you know how it goes in the real world, WstateU?
            "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• No, you don't, WstateU.

Comment

• Stop

Originally posted by another shocker
                Don't you know how it goes in the real world, WstateU? After this tournament, you should be concerned about people (BCS BS types) bending his ear.
                Spare us, AS. You sound like yet another clueless, cynical, voice of doom carping about schools "at this level" get the shaft (such as the much smaller school "at this level" from a lesser conference that has nevertheless somehow played for the last two national championships).

What's the first hand experience in big-time D-1 college basketball on which your learned commentary is based?

Comment

• Originally posted by another shocker
                  No, you don't, WstateU.
                  SFL is back!

Comment

• Perhaps that is a bit of a concern, but let's just assume that it is not, and that the coaching staff will remain in contact with him virtually every day, until we get the signature in November.

Comment

• I liked the reasons he gave for picking WSU and when he made his choice. I'm not worried about him decommitting.

He's not the fastest PG by a long shot, but his court sense, floor vision and timing are so good he makes up for it.

Smoooooooooooth!

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                        Originally posted by _kai_
                        If you guys are wanting to see some FVV slick moves in action, watch this: http://shockerhoops.net/fred-van-vleet-video/
                        Do you think the miss by Fred on a drive was really a pass off the backboard LOL.
                        HAHA Trop, man if it was, that kid is on a whole nother level of hoops. I doubt it was, but if so, I can't imagine the kind of excitement Koch Arena will be exploding with if he does that while in a Shocker uni.
                        ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Oh by the way everyone, in that video where FVV is making those guys look silly, that is the Atlanta Celtics. Which is a really good AAU team. Like really really good. FVV and his AAU team get no love from anyone for some reason, but they're starting to shut up all the haters going 30-3 this year, and they've played some great AAU teams.
                          ShockerHoops.net - A Wichita State Basketball Blog

Comment

• Originally posted by _kai_
                            Oh by the way everyone, in that video where FVV is making those guys look silly, that is the Atlanta Celtics. Which is a really good AAU team. Like really really good. FVV and his AAU team get no love from anyone for some reason, but they're starting to shut up all the haters going 30-3 this year, and they've played some great AAU teams.
                            The thing I love about Coach Marshall is that he is a MUCH better evaluator of talent than Bossi, Rivals, Scout, or any other service. He knows what he is looking for, and knows quickly who has it and who doesn't.

It is still a GREAT day to be a Shocker!

Comment

• Originally posted by Downtown Shocker Brown
                              Originally posted by _kai_
                              Oh by the way everyone, in that video where FVV is making those guys look silly, that is the Atlanta Celtics. Which is a really good AAU team. Like really really good. FVV and his AAU team get no love from anyone for some reason, but they're starting to shut up all the haters going 30-3 this year, and they've played some great AAU teams.
                              The thing I love about Coach Marshall is that he is a MUCH better evaluator of talent than Bossi, Rivals, Scout, or any other service. He knows what he is looking for, and knows quickly who has it and who doesn't.
                              It is still a GREAT day to be a Shocker!
                              Really? No knock on HCGM, but in his business it is always a little bit of a crap shoot.....Hawkins, Chamberlain, Manigault, Richardson, Hamilton.

Comment

• Fred reminds me of D.J. Augustin. [whom I thoroughly enjoyed watching in college(Texas)]

Heres a mix of D.J. Augustin's Rookie Season, The song is I Love Charlotte Enjoy.

this video here shows the kind of highlights I think are similar to FVV. The kinds of layups and dribbling. Lulling defenders.
                                It's the worst quality Augustin highlight video, but it has the most pertinent to the skill set that I'm speaking of.
                                veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Working...
                                X