Egor Shakhmetov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Egor Shakhmetov

6-10 Junior from Russia who just enrolled at Sunrise Christian Academy. Something or somebody tells me our coaching staff is well aware of him. ;-)
    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

O brother just what we need another great big player! :D

Just kidding! Just kidding! :posterwu: 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Scored 9 pts in first game last night. Next home game is 1/4/08 vs South-Gray

Comment

At least this one is already in the country!

Comment

Hes only a Jr???

:D

Hopefully he can play

Comment

At a small private school, a good 6'10 kid ought to be averaging a double-double. Also remember that Ryan Bradley had pretty good stats at a small private school.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
              At a small private school, a good 6'10 kid ought to be averaging a double-double. Also remember that Ryan Bradley had pretty good stats at a small private school.
              That is true, but you still can't teach height. Who really knows what this staff can do with bigs. They don't have any (you all know what I mean) to work with right now. But definitely will next year.

Plus if he just started playing ball here in the States, he might be having trouble adjusting to it.

He's still 6'10". That has to mean something, doesn't it?

Comment

Definitely someone to keep an eye on.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
                  Originally posted by RoyalShock
                  That is true, but you still can't teach height. Who really knows what this staff can do with bigs. They don't have any (you all know what I mean) to work with right now. But definitely will next year.

Plus if he just started playing ball here in the States, he might be having trouble adjusting to it.

He's still 6'10". That has to mean something, doesn't it?
                  It does, and I also agree with SubGod. But there's nothing wrong with pointing out the potential negatives for the sake of balance!

Comment

I would add that from personal experience, I recall competing against 2 big men in particular that were absolutely incompetent as second and third year players in high school but were big (6-7 and 6-9) and both were at small schools and both totally changed by their Senior season, were dominate and went on to play college ball at D1 schools (hardly the level of WSU).

My point simply being that really big kids often don't get their coordination until a little later in the game and it wouldn't be unusual at all for this to be the case with this kid.

2 more points......

1) Not that I am questioning the author at all (I am most certainly not) but does anyone else find curiousity in the name SHAKmetov for a Russian big man to be, shall we say, a little April foolish?

2)My expectations for this young man, whether or not there is any interest or knowledge from the WSU staff, are going to be next to nothing at this point. If the kid was a stud he wouldn't be here. For the most part any big (6-10 and up) is going to be some kind of project for us. That is simply the reality of recruiting.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

The young man does indeed exist.

Comment

Also:

2007-12-02

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                        Egor Shakhmetov in Wichita's Sunrise Christian Academy

"Kyle Lindsted, Head Men's Coach Sunrise Christian Academy"

I am happy with Egor he is a nice kid with a great attitude. His length and size are impressive he shoots the ball well. He is very teachable and he listens well. It's going to take time and effort but he is good enough to play at a high level eventually.

Comment

No. Name Grade Ht.
                          0 Max Skillen 10 5'10"
                          1 Joseph Woodward 12 5'10"
                          3 Sidney Melugin 10 5'11"
                          10 Tamiko McKinney 11 5'11"
                          11 Jack Burgess 11 6'2"
                          21 Jonathan Neef 12 6'0"
                          22 Jeremiah Adair 10 5'9"
                          23 Dennis Fontelroy 11 5'9"
                          24 B. J. Bonamy 11 6'3"
                          32 Egor Shakhmetov 11 6'10"

Comment

Interesting to see that line up. I used to play a fair amount of ball with Max Skillen's dad. I'll have to call him and see what the deal is with ole Egor.
                            Wear your seatbelt.

Comment

Egor

The term "recruiting" (as in the forum title) is being used pretty loosely here.

You can bet that the WSU coaching staff isn't going to overlook a 6-10 kid a few miles away if he bears any resemblance to a WSU-caliber prospect. On the other hand, the odds that he will ever do so are pretty slim, although I guess nothing is impossible -- so the odds that there will ever be any recruiting of Egor by WSU are slim as well.

Comment

Working...
                              X