Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Egor

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
    The term "recruiting" (as in the forum title) is being used pretty loosely here.

You can bet that the WSU coaching staff isn't going to overlook a 6-10 kid a few miles away if he bears any resemblance to a WSU-caliber prospect. On the other hand, the odds that he will ever do so are pretty slim, although I guess nothing is impossible -- so the odds that there will ever be any recruiting of Egor by WSU are slim as well.
    Good point. I remember Marshall saying that he had "recruited" almost all of the players for AppSt, but had only offered one of them I believe. I don't understand the process, but the coaches must consider anyone they look at or contact as "recruited."
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock
      Originally posted by RoyalShock
      At a small private school, a good 6'10 kid ought to be averaging a double-double. Also remember that Ryan Bradley had pretty good stats at a small private school.
      That is true, but you still can't teach height. Who really knows what this staff can do with bigs. They don't have any (you all know what I mean) to work with right now. But definitely will next year.

Plus if he just started playing ball here in the States, he might be having trouble adjusting to it.

He's still 6'10". That has to mean something, doesn't it?
      Sure, as long as he doesn't weigh 110 lbs.
      "Hank Iba decided he wouldn't play my team anymore. He told me that if he tried to get his team ready to play me, it would upset his team the rest of the season." Gene Johnson, WU Basketball coach, 1928-1933.

Comment

They can recruit someone and then have them be a walk-on. Can't really go wrong there.

Comment

So Mantas Griskinas had training with the same person as Shakhmetov? If this is the case, I'm wondering if Egor ending up at Sunrise was a placement by the Shockers. Does anybody know the story about how he ended up there?
          In the fast lane

Comment

he ended up there for exactly that reason because we are going after him so it was endeed the shocker coaching staff placing him there :wsu_posters:
            ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerNut2305
              he ended up there for exactly that reason because we are going after him so it was endeed the shocker coaching staff placing him there :wsu_posters:
              Why Sunrise Christian Academy? Just curious about the choice... I have nothing against the school.
              "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

I believe Sunrise doesn't fall under KSHSAA regulations. Or has some kind of difference. So it would be easier to "place" someone there if that's indeed the case. I don't know anything about this kid or the situation but putting him in a public school might have been more difficult as far as eligibility goes.
                Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

:whistle:
                  Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Because Denny Crane placed him there, Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
                      I believe Sunrise doesn't fall under KSHSAA regulations. Or has some kind of difference. So it would be easier to "place" someone there if that's indeed the case. I don't know anything about this kid or the situation but putting him in a public school might have been more difficult as far as eligibility goes.
                      You are wise, Zen Sub!

Bonamy and McKinney are exchange students from the Bahamas, Burgess is from England. Other Christian schools in the US have been doing this for several years. Now we have one locally.
                      Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Back when I was in school Sunrise had this one kid that was lights out i think he averaged like 30 ppg His name was Lucas something i acutually attended church with dude i believe for a little bit

Comment

That was Lucas Moore. Go back a little farther and you will remember a kid by the name of Chance Lindley averaging 42 pts per game. Sunrise has had a historical serious pashion for basketball, just ask PJ who goes there every year to watch some games.

Comment

Originally posted by KBShocker
                            That was Lucas Moore. Go back a little farther and you will remember a kid by the name of Chance Lindley averaging 42 pts per game. Sunrise has had a historical serious pashion for basketball, just ask PJ who goes there every year to watch some games.
                            I do remember Chance Lindley

Thanks!

Comment

If indeed we now have a connection with Boris Karebin's Center of Players Development, it's possible we also have interest in Artem Slipenchuck. Remember, Coach Jans and Chipola's Coach Heiar have ties.
                              In the fast lane

Comment

from what ive seen he still has alot of work to do so i wouldnt be suprised if we send him to a juco for a couple of years so that way he can be ready for D1 ball
                                ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Working...
                                X