Egor Shakhmetov

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by tropicalshox
    If indeed we now have a connection with Boris Karebin's Center of Players Development, it's possible we also have interest in Artem Slipenchuck. Remember, Coach Jans and Chipola's Coach Heiar have ties.
    A WSU player named "Slip-en-chuck" makes about as much sense as a KU quarterback named Pick... wait, what?
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerNut2305
      from what ive seen he still has alot of work to do so i wouldnt be suprised if we send him to a juco for a couple of years so that way he can be ready for D1 ball
      The good news is he's only a JR and has time to develop. Big men tend to come around slower as they adapt to thier size. Also, with him being in town, it could allow for some pick up games at the Chuck and that could help his development playing against and maybe even getting some advice from those already playing at this level. Time will tell, but it's not often we have that kind of size sitting in our back yard.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Does anyone know what this kid weighs in at ?

:wsu_posters:

Comment

l

Comment

[quote="Ta town"]
            Originally posted by KBShocker
            That was Lucas Moore. Go back a little farther and you will remember a kid by the name of Chance Lindley averaging 42 pts per game. Sunrise has had a historical serious pashion for basketball, just ask PJ who goes there every year to watch some games.

Lucas's single game high was 65 and Chances single game high was 63. Also he didn't recieve screens out the butt like Chance did.

Can't believe his name came up, lol

Comment

Sunrise would run Chance off about 10 screens every time down the court to allow him to jack up a shot. He played once at the T-Bird Classic against my brother. I never saw Lucas play but remember hearing the name.
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Sunrise probably plays a little bit better competition now compared to when Lindley was there. But that is just guessing. I know Sunrise has played Collegiate and South in the past, but they usually have about half their schedule as home school teams. If he's big, and can play, it isn't gonna matter who they play.

Comment

they play 5a and 6a teams as well as a few homeschool teams but then they have also brought in wsu players in the past to scrimage there varsity and see where there at
                  ShockerNut 2305

Comment

FSF attended the W. Collegate VS Sunrise when Mo and D. Evans played against Chance Lindley. Collegate won the game but had crowed publically earlier they could hold Lindley to minimal points. They did keep him in the 20's point range with lots of attention. Chance passed to open team-mates when being double-teamed and made lots of free-throws. Mo Evans caught my eye in that game. It seems like he was a Soph. that year?

It would be nice to see SE play East this year. Does anybody know when they play?
                    Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Sunrise

I don't think private schools are exempt from KSHSAA rules. Kapaun Mt. Carmel, obviously also a private school, got in trouble some years ago for something (tuition assistance, maybe?) involving an excellent basketball player named Chris Fox who would otherwise have gone to Heights.

Anyway, ShockerNut, what causes you to believe so confidently that the WSU coaches are behind Egor's being at Sunrise? You obviously have an interest in the school, and you write as if English is a second language for you -- are you Russian yourself?

Comment

well because i was told that the only reason he got there is because wsu is recuting him by a coach there....yes i do because i used to go there and i have cousins that go there thats why
                        ShockerNut 2305

Comment

Re: Sunrise

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                          I don't think private schools are exempt from KSHSAA rules. Kapaun Mt. Carmel, obviously also a private school, got in trouble some years ago for something (tuition assistance, maybe?) involving an excellent basketball player named Chris Fox who would otherwise have gone to Heights.

Anyway, ShockerNut, what causes you to believe so confidently that the WSU coaches are behind Egor's being at Sunrise? You obviously have an interest in the school, and you write as if English is a second language for you -- are you Russian yourself?

Private schools are not exempt from KSHAA rules but those rules only apply if you are a member of the KSHAA which Sunrise is most certainly not. If they were then they would compete in the state championships and they do not. Collegiate, for example, used to be in that same status and competed in the SPC and not in the state championships.

And as to your comment.......cold......true but cold.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks for the info, Nut; and thanks for the clarification, WuDr. I'm a vigilante member of the Grammar Police that trop talks about.

Comment

Re: Thanks

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                              Thanks for the info, Nut; and thanks for the clarification, WuDr. I'm a vigilante member of the Grammar Police that trop talks about.

Then might I add that you are either a vigilant member or a vigilante, but not both. ;-)

Comment

PM

WuDr, you're another word guy, obviously. I'll have to send you a PM so we don't cause Egor to get lost on his own thread.

Comment

Working...
                                X