Football No Spin Zone

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by DPruett2333
    I just talked talked to an older lady today that is an avid WSU fan and she knows a ton about the inside workings of Shocker athletics. She told me that as of right now, there are lawyers working very diligently to resurrect the football program and they told her to, "Keep the faith, because one day soon, it will happen..." :yahoo:
    "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

• Originally posted by DPruett2333
      I just talked talked to an older lady today that is an avid WSU fan and she knows a ton about the inside workings of Shocker athletics. She told me that as of right now, there are lawyers working very diligently to resurrect the football program and they told her to, "Keep the faith, because one day soon, it will happen..." :yahoo:
      Regardless if she had a note pinned to her windbreaker or not.... I like the message!
      B E L I E V E !

:good:

Comment

• I don't know the specifics, but you're correct, it was under budget. I think we were lucky with the weather, so everything kinda flowed smoothly. (The BB Arena remodeling is still being done.

As far as an anti Saluki Way movement, it was proposed and financed before things bottomed out, but there are always naysayers. And to be frank, very few football programs (FCS or FBS) are in the black.
        Originally posted by shocky
        carrar,

Is there still a movement against the Saluki Way Project? I would think this would get some of the students that have concerns about the cost of the project to reconsider and support it. Also, I understand the Saluki Way was originally a 100 million dollar project and is now in the 80 million dollar range. Has it been reduced due to lower construction cost or fund raising issues?

I would say that WSU would start need to start at FCS football and see how that does. Funding would be the key factor for its success. I don't think raising fees or a tax would work in Wichita IMO. We have been hit hard by the recession and a tax increase or student fee hike may backfire and build resentment against the new program. If a donor or donors could front the cost in the first 5 years, that would be ideal.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas
          Originally posted by DPruett2333
          Regardless if she had a note pinned to her windbreaker or not.... I like the message!
          B E L I E V E !

:good:
          Considering I finally got around to watching We Are Marshall tonight, this sounds pretty good.

Speaking of that movie, I was quite disappointed that instead of giving WSU a mention regarding getting an exception from the NCAA to play freshmen, they went with stating the facts incorrectly. It would have been a very nice gesture, but they missed it.

Comment

• I agree they could have very easily mentioned in the movie that the ncaa had created a precedent the previous year in allowing WSU to use freshman due to their loss of their starters.

Comment

• I just talked talked to an older lady today that is an avid WSU fan and she knows a ton about the inside workings of Shocker athletics. She told me that as of right now, there are lawyers working very diligently to resurrect the football program and they told her to, "Keep the faith, because one day soon, it will happen..."
              I heard today from a very informed source that this indeed is true.

The details will be released shortly before Christmas.

The new coach is a Shocker Alum that will raise a lot of eyebrows.

GO SHOX!!!!!!!
              Let's hope he can hit a D-1 Curve ball!

"God gave us the ability to reason, not religion" http://www.deism.com/

Comment

• Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt
                I just talked talked to an older lady today that is an avid WSU fan and she knows a ton about the inside workings of Shocker athletics. She told me that as of right now, there are lawyers working very diligently to resurrect the football program and they told her to, "Keep the faith, because one day soon, it will happen..."

GO SHOX!!!!!!!
                I'm getting déjà vu.

Comment

I just talked talked to an older lady today that is an avid WSU fan and she knows a ton about the inside workings of Shocker athletics. She told me that as of right now, there are lawyers working very diligently to resurrect the football program and they told her to, "Keep the faith, because one day soon, it will happen..."

GO SHOX!!!!!!!
                  "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

GO SHOX!!!!!!!
                    Is THIS your informed source Shirley? :roll:

Comment

• This would be very exciting if true. However, I remain somewhat skeptical about this primarily because we have not heard many rumors. I would think it would be tough to keep the lid on something like this.
                      OTOH, anything is possible I suppose.

Comment

• Originally posted by Veritas
                        Originally posted by Shirley Schmidt

GO SHOX!!!!!!!
                        Is THIS your informed source Shirley? :roll:

http://www.shockernet.net/sn/viewtop...otball&start=0
                        Perhaps the last post on that thread by Royal should be re-visited?

Comment

• I'm currently a student at WSU, received a survey today in my e-mail asking questions, some of which were about football, such as:

"Would you have more school spirit if WSU brought football back?"

"Would you be willing to pay $100 per semester in student fees so WSU can have a football team?"

Not sure if this is anything new or if they've been doing this for a while.

Comment

• Originally posted by Shoxfan11
                            I'm currently a student at WSU, received a survey today in my e-mail asking questions, some of which were about football, such as:

"Would you have more school spirit if WSU brought football back?"

"Would you be willing to pay $100 per semester in student fees so WSU can have a football team?"

Not sure if this is anything new or if they've been doing this for a while.
                            Sounds like the survey you received was started by the Student Government Association Issues Committee and sent out by WSU. All WSU students should have received it today and it will close on Friday. In order to make it a valid survey it has to have 7% of the students reply, so about 1,080, and they already have 600 responses. If the survey shows enough student interest/support, then they will begin to investigate the possibility of developing the program, if it would be a 2 year, 4 year plan or no plan at all.

Comment

• Is this for real or a cruel joke?

Comment

• So did they get 7 percent worth of responses?

Comment

Working...
                                X