No announcement yet.

Navy Football - WSU's Pseudo Brother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

@_kai_: Can we get a Navy Football sub going?? It would make it easier to follow navy football.
    People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

So we already have #watchus.

WSU and Navy need to team up and introduce #watchu.s.navy
      "It's amazing to watch Ron slide into that open area, Fred will find him and it's straight cash homie."--HCGM

Comment

I think this is the beginning of a beautiful friendship
        The Assman

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky Mountain Shock View Post
          So we already have #watchus.

WSU and Navy need to team up and introduce #watchu.s.navy
          That's awesome!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
            Me too. I don't follow college football hardly at all anymore and when I was thinking about the independent making this possible, my brain melted and for some reason I thought it was Notre Dame (which makes no sense in hindsight).

But at any rate, now I have a football team to identify with.
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by SHURTZtheHERTZ View Post
              Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
              Me too. I don't follow college football hardly at all anymore and when I was thinking about the independent making this possible, my brain melted and for some reason I thought it was Notre Dame (which makes no sense in hindsight).

But at any rate, now I have a football team to identify with.
              The people have spoken: This is a good thing.

The start of something wonderful. It is so beautiful.

On one bicep I will get a Navy tattoo, on the other a WuShock tat.

Saturdays in the Fall will take on a new life. A new meaning. A new purpose.
              ShockerNet is a rat infested cess pool.

Comment

Originally posted by Shocker-maniac View Post
                The people have spoken: This is a good thing.

The start of something wonderful. It is so beautiful.

On one bicep I will get a Navy tattoo, on the other a WuShock tat.

Saturdays in the Fall will take on a new life. A new meaning. A new purpose.
                Might as well embrace it as this may be as close as Wichita State gets to having a football team.

Donor's, boosters and general Shocker fans showed little interest in bringing back football. Lutz quoted ADDB as saying "It's pretty obvious that now, at least, there is not much support for football".

This is about the most definitive thing I have heard from the WSU administration regarding what the study of WSU athletics over the last 15 months may have revealed about interest in bringing back football to Wichita State.

So unless and until that changes it looks like supporting Navy may be the next best thing for the foreseeable future.

Comment

Navy Football WSUs Pseudo Brother

I cant imagine why YOU would pick Navy Did you see that Bill Belechicks father was buried in the Naval academy where he coached for many years?

Comment

John Paul Jones is actually buried in the Naval Academy Chapel so that would trump the other. Many good friends were graduates of the Naval Academy and great Marine Officers. If Marines can cheer for the USNA it shouldn't be too difficult for Wichita fans to cheer for them. I have always traveled to the Springs when Navy played the Air Force Academy. Go Navy

Comment

Marine corp cadets actually attend Annapolis. But regardless, everyone should cheer for the service academies.

Comment

I am not familiar with the term Marine Corps cadets. The Naval Academy has an option that is known as the Marine Option whereas upon graduation they go into the Marine Corps to pursue their respective careers.

Comment

I wasnt sure. The marines dont have their own academy, correct?

Comment

Originally posted by rrshock View Post
                            I wasnt sure. The marines dont have their own academy, correct?
                            Heartbreak Ridge.

Comment

Working...
                            X