Navy Football - WSU's Pseudo Brother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AZ Shocker View Post
    That would super cool for Navy to play a game at Cessna!!!! There would be an overflow crowd fer sure!!! How "American" and patriotic would that be!!! A "Home" game for a branch of the military playing in a sold out stadium right smack in the middle of America's Heartland on a crisp Fall Saturday!!! What a way to show our new "American" conference how awesome we are as a host!!! CBS potentially!!!
    Here's some real patriotism from a Navy Seal:

I was fortunate enough to hear him speak recently. Tough as nails. Never quit. Never gave up. And, I suspect, people in Kansas would enjoy his down-home description of his fomulative years and the mission that gained him fame.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
      Perhaps we should merge this thread with the one that already exists on the Men's Sports forum.
      Done.
      Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

And this thread is now dead. I Had it in the high volume area for a reason.
        Last edited by proshox; April 8, 2017, 06:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
          And thus thread is now dead. I Had it in the high volume area for a reason.
          Not to worry.
          “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

ADDB mentioned in an interview with Mike Kennedy today on the Shocker baseball pregame show that he was going to deal with a marketing strategy to have regarding WSU adopting Navy as their football team.

Tune in for Wichita sports talk, analysis and exclusive interviews. Stream, read and download KFH Radio 1240 / FM 97.5 from any device on Audacy.

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker View Post
              ADDB mentioned in an interview with Mike Kennedy today on the Shocker baseball pregame show that he was going to deal with a marketing strategy to have regarding WSU adopting Navy as their football team.

http://www.kfhradio.com/blogs/kfh-st...medium=twitter
              I'm really glad they want to try and run with it. There is something very nice about having our football team be Navy as opposed to basically any other program. I absolutely intend to participate in whatever comes together.

Comment

I have been an advocate of football returning to WSU for some time for two main reasons: 1. I thought it would help us in conference realignment. 2. I like football. Since realignment has now happened without football, I can enjoy football through a new adopted team. I am all over being a fan of Navy football! I plan on making the trip to Tulsa to cheer for my new "home" team. #GoNavy!
                Go Shocks!

Comment

This could be a genius idea to see how the WSU community responds to this. If it goes well, maybe that helps kickstart the football initiative.

Either way, Go Midshipmen!!
                  The Assman

Comment

Navy Football Saturday Practice Report

The biggest challeng supporting Navy Football might be pronouncing the head coach's name. I think I will just go with Coach Ken.

Looks like Navy Football has gone with Under Armour.
                    Last edited by 1972Shocker; April 9, 2017, 03:33 PM.

Comment

One thing about it -- the Shocker football team disguised as Navy will almost certainly be better than it would be any other way (or ever has been, for that matter).

Comment

I am not a college football fan, but will definitely be rooting for Navy from now on. Without them, we may not get the invite to the AAC......
                        Marge: The plant called and said that if you don't come in tomorrow, don't bother coming in Monday.
                        Homer: WOOHOO! Four day weekend.

Comment

I want a black and yellow shirt that says Navy
                          People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shock View Post
                            I want a black and yellow shirt that says Navy
                            ME TOO

Comment

And I want to provide them with special edition black and yellow jerseys to wear once every year or so.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
                                And I want to provide them with special edition black and yellow jerseys to wear once every year or so.
                                In a game at cessna
                                People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Working...
                                X