Navy Football - WSU's Pseudo Brother!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Navy Football - WSU's Pseudo Brother!

Sorry, I had too! This AAC stuff has got my juices flowing!

Will be interesting to vicariously follow the Midshipmen football. Long live the triple-option!
    The Assman

We Shocker fans will be in a fun position to root for all of the AAC (with an emphasis on Navy). If we ever add football, I'm sure actual rivalries will ensue again, but for the time being, I feel like I can turn on the TV to any AAC football game now and enjoy it from a neutral standpoint. Kinda like when I turn on ESPN3 and get to catch an MVFC game at times...but now on a more relevant level. That will be fun for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Stalwart View Post
      We Shocker fans will be in a fun position to root for all of the AAC (with an emphasis on Navy). If we ever add football, I'm sure actual rivalries will ensue again, but for the time being, I feel like I can turn on the TV to any AAC football game now and enjoy it from a neutral standpoint. Kinda like when I turn on ESPN3 and get to catch an MVFC game at times...but now on a more relevant level. That will be fun for me.
      My wife's grandfather and uncle were both in the Navy. Unfortunately, I never had the chance to meet these great men, especially the uncle with whom Mrs. '16 was really close. I have no problems rooting for Navy...or any of the service academies.

Rick Reilly wrote an excellent piece for SI after 9/11, saying that we should all root for the service academies because "they have a big road game coming up."
      78-65

Comment

Even Navy is catching on!

NavyAthletics: #WelcomeWichita to the AAC! We can be your football team!
        The Assman

Comment

Nm

Comment

Yes please!!!

I still think the American should find a way to add Army and Air Force. Make it happen

Army and Air Force football only. Dayton, Gonzaga and VCU for basketball

Comment

Navy will be playing at Tulsa on September 30, 2017. Time TBA.

Tulsa 2017 Football Schedule

Comment

First Football Game in Decades

Navy (WSU) vs. Tulsa
                Sep. 30 Hurricanes at Tulsa Golden Hurricane
                H.A. Chapman Stadium, Tulsa, OK Time TBA
                TV TBA

Comment

Originally posted by proshox View Post
                  Navy (WSU) vs. Tulsa
                  Sep. 30 Hurricanes at Tulsa Golden Hurricane
                  H.A. Chapman Stadium, Tulsa, OK Time TBA
                  TV TBA
                  Market this thing. WSU needs to make it happen. Students and all

Comment

Get this thing some legs, pack their house! I'll make the trip!

Comment

That would super cool for Navy to play a game at Cessna!!!! There would be an overflow crowd fer sure!!! How "American" and patriotic would that be!!! A "Home" game for a branch of the military playing in a sold out stadium right smack in the middle of America's Heartland on a crisp Fall Saturday!!! What a way to show our new "American" conference how awesome we are as a host!!! CBS potentially!!!
                      FINAL FOURS:
                      1965, 2013

NCAA Tournament:
                      1964, 1965, 1976, 1981, 1985, 1987, 1988, 2006, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017, 2018, 2021

NIT Champs - 1 (2011)

AP Poll History of Wichita St:
                      Number of Times Ranked: 157
                      Number of Times Ranked #1: 1
                      Number of Times Top 5: 32 (Most Recent - 2017)
                      Number of Times Top 10: 73 (Most Recent - 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017)

Highest Recent AP Ranking:
                      #3 - Dec. 2017
                      #2 ~ March 2014

Highest Recent Coaches Poll Ranking:
                      #2 ~ March 2014
                      Finished 2013 Season #4

Comment

Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

How about some T-shirts and car tags that say Wichita State and Navy, "A House United."

I've been seeing a house divided tags and T-shirts for years when it comes to fans of K State and KU under the same roof.

Comment

Perhaps we should merge this thread with the one that already exists on the Men's Sports forum.

Comment

Working...
                            X