Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Maggie
    Originally posted by moshock
    Maggie, no offense intended. There are alot of good people from the east coast. Maybe I should have put it like this. While the majority of NY and NJ may not have the FU attitude, most of the people with FU attitudes come from that area.

BTW, most people from NY / NJ do think we all live on farms !!! :whistle:
    No problem, I was a little cranky yesterday but I disagree with you that most people with bad attitudes come from the East Coast. Every part of the country has its share if "jerks". I'll give you this – people that live in NYC are more guarded then people that live in Wichita. However, that doesn't mean they are not nice people.

Also, I agree with you about Lutz. I generally don't like his work either and never have.
    I disagree with you that most people with bad attitudes come from the East Coast.
    I sat my briefcase down right next to my leg in a World Trade Center turbo elevator. When we stopped at a floor a "professional-looking" lady behind me had to step over it as she was exiting. She then turned to me and said "what the fk??!!". NYC is a fun place but anybody who visits for any length of time will have MANY stories such as those.

P.S.

Don't ever let yourself accidentally trip the subway door by standing too close, delaying the train from leaving three more seconds. They will call you everything but a white man...

T

...8)

Comment

Well, it appears that BS Cat has slunk away now that the going has gotten tough. Nontheless, here's a direct quote from a Cat fan named "Pawprint" in regards to the cussing situation:

"I don't care really what comes out of a coach's mouth if it motivates and gets the point across."

Comment

Sorry was busy on the internet watching the 'Cats destroy one of WSU's fellow commuter schools (Tulsa) in 3 games in the first round of the NCAA.

ISASO supporting KSU more than me. Could be. I have two degrees from KSU, met my wife there and both of our children are in school there now. We are Ahearn and President's club donors and have held season football and basketball tickets for over 28 years. We aren't wealthy but we want to pay back as much as possible to the institution that has been such a positive influence over the years for our family.

If ISASO is wealthy and has donated money for some sort of tax reason fine but anyone that spews the venom and hate he does towards Kansas State is not a supporter IMHO. Keep the money coming though. Takes a lot to compete in the Big XII :)

Comment

Originally posted by BCSCat
          Sorry was busy on the internet watching the 'Cats destroy one of WSU's fellow commuter schools (Tulsa) in 3 games in the first round of the NCAA.

ISASO supporting KSU more than me. Could be. I have two degrees from KSU, met my wife there and both of our children are in school there now. We are Ahearn and President's club donors and have held season football and basketball tickets for over 28 years. We aren't wealthy but we want to pay back as much as possible to the institution that has been such a positive influence over the years for our family.

If ISASO is wealthy and has donated money for some sort of tax reason fine but anyone that spews the venom and hate he does towards Kansas State is not a supporter IMHO. Keep the money coming though. Takes a lot to compete in the Big XII :)
          K-State "competes" in the Big XII?? Really???
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Kansas State would beat us by 10 this year easily.

But yeah they're falling apart next year, not kidding.

I hope we play them soon.

Comment

watching the 'Cats destroy one of WSU's fellow commuter schools (Tulsa) in 3 games in the first round of the NCAA
              FWIW: Tulsa is not really a commuter school. Its an expensive private university and has the smallest enrollment of any D1 campus in the country.

Comment

BCSCat.....now that's an oxymoron!!

Other than conference affiliation, how do those get put together in the same breath?

Unless BCS really stands for Big Creepy Schnozzola, which is the only way you can describe Les Craft and his facial features. Gaaaaawwd, he was one of the ugliest players in KSU history. And I'll bet that BCSCat is too ignorant to have ever heard of him.

BTW BCS(chuckle)Cat, just showing that this fan has ALSO followed KSU athletics for awhile. I was an admirer of your program back in the Hartman days, but since then it has slipped rapidly into mediocrity.

Won't be long before we start hearing the "Bring Back Wooldridge" chants echoing through the Mausoleum.

Comment

Originally posted by moshock
                  Maggie, I'm probably over the edge on that subject. I'm a naive country boy (seriously) who deals with alot of people from the NE. You are correct, all areas including the MW have there fair share of jerks. I seem to be a jerk magnet somedays. I'm surprised that Frankie and Huggie haven't call me. LOL

When I moved from Wichita to Springfield a few years back, the overall IQ of both cities went up. I don't think I could survive in NY-NJ.

:yes:

:wsu_posters:
                  I don’t like it when people generalize about the mid-west either – which, believe it or not, does happen from time to time. :shock: Like I wrote, I was a little cranky that day. No worries. ;-)

Comment

I sat my briefcase down right next to my leg in a World Trade Center turbo elevator. When we stopped at a floor a "professional-looking" lady behind me had to step over it as she was exiting. She then turned to me and said "what the fk??!!". NYC is a fun place but anybody who visits for any length of time will have MANY stories such as those.

P.S.

Don't ever let yourself accidentally trip the subway door by standing too close, delaying the train from leaving three more seconds. They will call you everything but a white man...

A gentleman would, at the very least, have moved his briefcase out of the way so the lady could exit the elevator. So – who was more inconsiderate you or this lady? Personally, I think it is a toss up.

P.S. Unnecessarily delaying a subway train might as well be a capital offense in NYC. You should feel fortunate to merely be verbally berated. Besides, to “trip” a subway door as you describe you pretty much have to be actually blocking the door which prevents it from closing – which is not only stupid, its dangerous.

People do have short tempers on the subway but you have to remember most of those people commute hours to and from work.

Comment

• Of course I've heard of Les Craft. He was from Bozeman, MT and his father Roger was KSU's leading scorer in 1955. Roger was the head coach at Montana State in the 60's.

Les did have that annoying lock of hair that fell across his forehead - always having to brush it back.

I was there for every game he played in Ahearn.

At least he was better than John Rettiger :)

I assume you were a big Hartman fan because the only way WSU was able to achieve any success at that time was to cheat - a lot.

Comment

• Better check some other threads out regarding that cheating business, BCS-wannabe-kittiecat.

Much of the penalties WSU suffered were unduly harsh compared with the alleged crimes. And I'm sick and tired of you and your puky purple population bringing that up to divert attention from your own miserable athletic department.

WSU has run a model program for over 20 years now. And if you set our department side by side with yours over that time frame, YOU HAVEN'T GOT A LES CRAFT PEGLEG TO STAND ON.

Now get out of here and keep selling your soul to :evil: for a few more wins.

Comment

• Originally posted by shox8498
                          Better check some other threads out regarding that cheating business, BCS-wannabe-kittiecat.
                          Somebody needs to gets some kitty litter to sit by the kitty cat bench in basketball so there won't be any more accidents.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCSCat
                            I assume you were a big Hartman fan because the only way WSU was able to achieve any success at that time was to cheat - a lot.
                            Jerry Tarkanian used to say "when UCLA sneezed, Long Beach State caught a cold"

Same could be said about KSU and that other school up north.... when they broke the rules, the NCAA said "you know, you really shouldn't do that" When WSU did the same thing, they waived the Death Penalty in front of our faces...

Over the history, KSU's rap sheet is right up there with us with ours, but as was duly noted, our is much dustier... I won't do like other and accuse KSU of crimes they may or may not have committed (presently), but the selective memory of the B12 instate schools almost warrants psyhciatric evaluation.

:goshocks:
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• By the way........the assumption made by this jerk is wrong. I only liked Hartman as well as I liked Ted Owens and Harry Miller.

But then I became more enlightened and observed the silent patterns of WSU's focused isolation by Big Hate and Big Hate + 4 schools continue to develop.

I don't need to belabor that point anymore. Just wanted to point out how assumptions from behind the purple shades are again seriously misguided and deficient.

Comment

• Originally posted by BCSCat

1.) This is a basketball forum, not a volleyball one.. (and ironically enough, not a KSU volleyball forum).. so no one cares.

2.) As Harold pointed out, Tulsa is a pretty elite private school with less than 5,000 enrollment. Keep your facts straight so if you wanna continue to try to entertain the idea of being a Mr. Know-it-all, you don't look like a deranged idiot.

3.) This is a WSU forum, not a Kitty Cat one. We can spout as much venom as we want towards KSU or any other school we want without having any reason for it. On the flipside, you're a guest here, so you should act like one. If you wanna be an arrogant, pompous ass, go to the Kitty Cat forums and do so. You're not obligated to be here.

4.) Anyone who has to emphasize the letters "BCS" in their tagname has some real insecurity issues. I find it rather humorous. Not as humorous as the dismantling the football program took in this year though..
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X