not worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• not worried

about the loss last night. mizz st was really good for the first 33 minutes, unfortunately we showed up too late. The chicago bulls of the early 90s lost a few head scratchers too. theres not sense in dwelling on what happened last night, we need to be looking forward to creighton on wednesday.

we showed up late the last 3 or 4 games. We need to figure out how to start a game and control a game from start to finish. Maybe its the starting rotation. Hopefully the coaches will make some changes for the CU game.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
      we showed up late the last 3 or 4 games. We need to figure out how to start a game and control a game from start to finish. Maybe its the starting rotation. Hopefully the coaches will make some changes for the CU game.
      Somehow the coach needs to instill into them that they're already 15 points behind when they start they game. They seem to play better when they're behind.

Comment

8) :goshocks:
        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

I'm not too worried either. Bad games are inevitable, sometimes you have to shake it off and move on. The way some posters are talking you would think that:

MSU is going to be running the table.
          It sounds like we can't beat MSU at their place.
          It also sounds like we shouldn't ever lose at home, like it's some invincible fortress.
          Why does it sound like we are totally done for in getting an at large bid?

None of these are a sure thing, ever.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the best single season record in MVC play?

MSU played really well last night especially on defense, give them a little credit. They are a good team. We didn't shoot well in the first half or at the stripe and that cost us(I could go on, but those were the keys). I thought the coaches didn't prepare the players very well for either half. The team WILL be prepared the next time we get to play the Bears.

I'm not trying to a "pumper", just some things to consider. :goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by ShoxFan963
            It also sounds like we shouldn't ever lose at home, like it's some invincible fortress.
            It should be.

It takes a little of the margin of error away. WSU at-large bid is still alive, the margin of error is smaller. But ff WSU is not the regular season champion they will not be at-large material.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know the best single season record in MVC play?
            2004 SIU 17-1

Since 2003, winner had the following losses

1 - 1
            2 - 1
            3 - 4
            4 - 4

for the league history,

OU 18-0 in 1928
            WSU 17-1 in 1983
            SIU 17-1 in 2004
            Mizzou 17-1 in 1920 and 1921

MSU played really well last night especially on defense, give them a little credit.
            Actually I disagree. I don't think overall SWMO played that well, they made enough plays to win and congrats to them. But they almost choked the game away and would have except Murray chocked it away twice in a row.

SWMO did a great job of guarding the free throw line though.

The fact is WSU made bad decisions, made mental mistakes, did lazy things and choked at a critical times and cannot play a complete game. Unfortunately we see this is as a recurring trend. It has happened in their losses and were able to overcome this in some of their wins.

Now if this loss wakes this team up, then it is a minor speed bump. If they don't then it will be likely a disappointing season. We shall know more Wednesday.

Comment

MSU is going to be running the table.
              There is a good likelihood of that considering they have already gotten road games out of the way in Cedar Falls, Omaha, and Wichita. Kinda funny how a lot of people thought we would be running the table prior to last night but nobody questioned that then.. (well except for a few..)

It sounds like we can't beat MSU at their place.
              Senior Night in Springfield against a team that just roasted us at home, a team that has a pretty long win streak at home now. Even for the biggest optimists, I don't see how you see W in that one.

Well, we had just won 32 straight regular season games at home, 18 straight in the Valley. I think we like to pride ourselves on our elite home atmosphere and advantage. If you wanna win the league, you BETTER protect the home floor. I'm perplexed that you threw this line of thinking out there.

Uh, because we basically are. No quality wins. No room for error. A ton of teams below us with cracks at quality wins. This isn't the Valley of 2006. Let's try to be realistic here.

None of these are a sure thing, ever.
              Really? I'd say they're more closer to the sure side than the unsure side. One thing is sure. We're down 1 (really 3) games in the standings now and don't control our own destiny anymore.

It's amazing how confident some people can be after games like these.. especially the way the games played out and ended. Kudos for keeping the blinders on though!
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Indiana State 1978-79 16-0 with a guy named Bird.
                Bradley 1985-86 16-0 with Jim Les and Hersey Hawkins.
                "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

I'd be surprised if SWMO runs the table and goes undefeated in league, but I know damn well they have at leaset a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                    Dan has a point, all these 'little' things add up to ruin what could have been a great season. The Missouri State game was one that we should have won, plain and simple, and we did not pass the test.

I am tired of getting to March, and having to have a 'Hail Mary' happen to get to the Dance.

Comment

Originally posted by Snapshot9
                      Originally posted by Dan
                      Dan has a point, all these 'little' things add up to ruin what could have been a great season. The Missouri State game was one that we should have won, plain and simple, and we did not pass the test.

I am tired of getting to March, and having to have a 'Hail Mary' happen to get to the Dance.
                      You, and others like you, seem to lead the charge of critisism about this team. Come up with a fix...or head up the turnpike and root for the crimson & blue. They are guaranteed to dance every March if that is what you are interested in.

This may or may not be a great season. 13-3/4-1 is at least a potential championship start. Yes, the Shockers stubbed their toe against MSU. Maybe they can overcome it, or maybe not. But for crying out load, this is the type of program WSU is probably going to always have. We seem to develop coaches for BCS programs and can never get over the hump. Will Marshall hault that trend. Doubtful, but who knows.

The woe, poor pitiful me fans on this board just make me laugh is all.

Comment

Originally posted by SHOXMVC
                        Originally posted by Snapshot9
                        Originally posted by Dan

You, and others like you, seem to lead the charge of critisism about this team. Come up with a fix...or head up the turnpike and root for the crimson & blue. They are guaranteed to dance every March if that is what you are interested in.

This may or may not be a great season. 13-3/4-1 is at least a potential championship start. Yes, the Shockers stubbed their toe against MSU. Maybe they can overcome it, or maybe not. But for crying out load, this is the type of program WSU is probably going to always have. We seem to develop coaches for BCS programs and can never get over the hump. Will Marshall hault that trend. Doubtful, but who knows.

The woe, poor pitiful me fans on this board just make me laugh is all.
                        I think you are going a little overboard aren't you? Let's just take a look at our conference. Compared to our peers, our facilities are top tier along with a handful of others. Nobody's fans compares to the loyal fans we have. Hell, the Shox rank in the Top 70 (I believe) in overall attendance in D1 basketball. Pretty damn good for a small non-BCS university in a small state if you ask me.

All I ask/expect from time-to-time is that Shox do something to reward the fans. One lousy NCAA tourney appearance in the last 20 something years, no wins at Creighton since '92, no MVC Tourney championship - ever? There comes a time when a fan has to sit back and ask him/herself how in the world does the Shox not get over the hump given the fanbase, facilities, a decent history, all the while where we sit back and watch much the Creightons, SIUs, UNIs, win multiple MVC tournies and get multiple NCAA tourney births?

I understand the answer is not easy but geeesh - when?

Comment

I'll take having teams where there is actual hope even with the angst and frustration vs. what we experienced in the abyss of the 90s.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

I have nothing to contribute as I went 0/fer on the pick em on the 9th so I obviously don't know anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Dan
                              I mentioned earlier this year...and I know it isnt our "style" and I dont want to be 100% full court press team. I think it turns into to much street or me ball without disciplined players. But.....why cant we start the game using our full court press....good things seem to happen. Maybe just reacting and not having to think so much..they relax and get into the game easier. Is it a lack of leadership amongst the players??? I dont know
                              1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Working...
                              X