No announcement yet.

is wendell schedied for more pt???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

WP was recruited the same way as just about every other player on the team...the combination of 1. character and 2. talent (character being first is not a coincidence). Is he the best player on the team? No. Does he work his butt off every day? Bet your @ss he does. If he didn't he wouldn't see any playing time.

Every since he was a freshman he has gotten flack on this board. When he was a freshman some of you, by what you were saying, apparently believed that he should be playing as though he was an upper classmen. As a sophomore last year all any one ever said about him was that he doesn't belong because he hasn't improved to their liking. Not only do the stats posted earlier in this thread prove that he did improve, the fact that he is still here and still playing proves that he does belongs.

No he's not PJ, GM, or RC or whoever...it was stated that he is a roll player, and I think he plays his roll well.

To all the WP haters....your new name is Dennis! :lol:
    That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Originally posted by rZ
      Not only do the stats posted earlier in this thread prove that he did improve, the fact that he is still here and still playing proves that he does belongs.
      Freshman:

FG
      12-48 (25%)

3-PT FG
      0-11 (0%)

FT
      11-22 (50%)
      How can you not improve from those stats?

Originally posted by rZ
      Honest and objective criticism does not equal hate.
      "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
      -John Wooden

Comment

I remember at least a couple of games last year when nobody would drive to the basket except WP. I can't recall which ones, but I think he made contributions in that way in the middle of the slump when everyone was missing a ton of threes.
        Shocker Nation, NYC

Comment

I doubt the Wendell will see a lot more playing time, but I do think he serves an important role on the team. He is athletic enough to spell both PJ at the 3 or Matt at the point without really hurting the team.

He is a pretty good defender and a good rebounder for his size. Instant offense, as everyone has pointed out, he is not. However, he is not the most offense-challenged guard I have ever seen. That honor would have to go to Doug Gottlieb of Okie State a few years back.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter

I'm not arguing that they should play over Wendell, especially because I probably like Wendell as a player more than many here. I was just saying that I wouldn't be worried if I saw either Lance or Brett checking in.

Yep. I mostly agree with you. There's just obviously a big difference between pick-up games or scrimmages and real games. It appeared that shizzle was saying he was more interested in Harris or Michael filling Preadom's role coming off the bench. I was just curious why he felt they could handle that. It's also possible I misinterpreted what he was saying.
            There are nights when I think that Sal Paradise was right.

Comment

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
              How can you not improve from those stats?
              The degree to which WP has or has not improved was not stated in earlier criticisms. Some were continually saying that he has not improved...and well, he has.

Don't get me wrong, I do understand peoples criticisms of WP. However, WP is not the type of player that should be apart of the regular player rotation. Even though he has to be used in that capacity this year, WP is a guy you put in when you need a defensive stop. He puts the pressure on the offense that can change the momentum of the game. Once thats done, he should be pulled out. That is his roll. Unfortunately due to lack of depth this year, he must expand his roll, so give him a little time to adjust. They same way that we need to give everyone else a chance to adjust to the new coach, new system, etc. etc. etc.

Long story short...don't jump the gun on any of these guys this early in the game.

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
              Originally posted by rZ
              Honest and objective criticism does not equal hate.
              OK, the little yellow laughing face....that means it was a joke (because its a laughing face)!
              That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

I think Bret Michael has talent. He moves well, handles ball pretty good, and I think he could develop into a pretty solid player. He is pretty fast too.

Comment

Working...
                X