Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Huh?

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    Cal-Liberal got WSU'd a few minutes ago, and a 1 point deficit grew to 14. It's 10 now, inside 8 to go.
    Wait a second, Doc -- is there a Cal-Conservative, or even a Cal-middle-of-the-road? Or are you distinguishing Berkeley from the others that are even further left, like Cal-Marxist or Cal-Maoist?

In any case, it's time to quit treating a loss at SDSU (which is also thus only 0.6 loss for RPI purposes) as a big deal. Yes, it would have been a big deal if WSU had won. But darn near anybody would lose at SDSU. So, as I've said before, the whole key this year is simply to avoid bad losses. Avoid bad losses. Avoid bad losses. Do that, and all will be well even if the Shocks don't win in St. Louis.

Comment

If we had a better schedule the loss to SDSU doesn't hurt us. The loss to UConn doesn't hurt either. What hurts is we don't have any other really good teams left to beat with the possible exception of a bracket buster opponent.

In part we can "thank" the MVC for this as I don't see a good team in the whole batch (WSU hopefully exculded). Last year beating UNI was a good win. This year it will be just avoiding a bad loss.

I don't know why the Utah State game was put off until next year. Many weeks ago I saw on their board some of their fans thought WSU wanted to wait. It would of helped to have the game this year.
      In the fast lane

Comment

All Bracket Buster return games were put off a year so to break up the current situation where a team either had two BB-related away games or home games in the same season.

Starting next year it will be one home, one away (the actual BB game and the return game) in the same season.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
          All Bracket Buster return games were put off a year so to break up the current situation where a team either had two BB-related away games or home games in the same season.

Starting next year it will be one home, one away (the actual BB game and the return game) in the same season.
          Thanks of the info.
          In the fast lane

Comment

Re: Huh?

[quote="WSUwatcher"]
            In any case, it's time to quit treating a loss at SDSU (which is also thus only 0.6 loss for RPI purposes) as a big deal. Yes, it would have been a big deal if WSU had won. But darn near anybody would lose at SDSU. So, as I've said before, the whole key this year is simply to avoid bad losses. Avoid bad losses. Avoid bad losses. Do that, and all will be well even if the Shocks don't win in St. Louis.
            I don't think its the loss at SDSU that bothers people. I think it's the way we lost in that game and the way we lost to UCONN, and in fact the way we've played at times in many of our victories that is the concern. If we would have fought, scrapped, hit the boards, played tough inside, and come away from SDSU with a hard fought, 8 point loss, I think many of us would have been OK with that, but its the continued appearance of 'softness' that is worrisome.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
              Let's hope SDSU doesn't pull a WSU '07...
              Surely you can't be seriously comparing SDSU to the '07 WSU team...You're a funny guy.

Comment

Bad is relative. The PAC-10 only got two teams, an 8 seed and and 11 seed into the Dance last year. That has to be a record low for a BCS conference. That's BAD.

Comment

Re: Huh?

Originally posted by WSUwatcher
                  Cal-Liberal got WSU'd a few minutes ago, and a 1 point deficit grew to 14. It's 10 now, inside 8 to go.
                  Wait a second, Doc -- is there a Cal-Conservative, or even a Cal-middle-of-the-road? Or are you distinguishing Berkeley from the others that are even further left, like Cal-Marxist or Cal-Maoist?

Watcher - you're preachin to the choir...the challenge is some in the audience have music impaired hearing.
                  :D

Comment

What?

Comment

Huh?!?!?!?!?!?!?

Comment

Originally posted by pie n eye
                        Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        Let's hope SDSU doesn't pull a WSU '07...
                        Surely you can't be seriously comparing SDSU to the '07 WSU team...You're a funny guy.
                        Both picked pretty high in their conference. Both with big Top 25 road wins. Both made big jumps in the polls. Both started hot as fire in the non-con. Is that not a good comparison?

And I didn't say it was GONNA happen.

Surely this was self-explanatory..
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

So long as they avoid the seafood buffet in Vegas, they'll probably be OK.
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by ShockBand
                            So long as they avoid the seafood buffet in Vegas, they'll probably be OK.

Kinda funny you mention that...

They play in the Las Vegas tourney right before Christmas. Sound familiar?
                            Deuces Valley.
                            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

lmao..the similarities are frightnening.

Comment

Working...
                              X