X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JaminShock
    Originally posted by KC Shox
    Originally posted by pie n eye
    San *Diego State's win against Gonzaga was impressive. The Zags have lost only 7 games on that court.

However, I'm not ready to mark December 4th as a loss already (although I did predict a loss there when the schedule came out).

We've yet to see the Shockers play against any meaningful competition. Everything changes when you're playing a quality opponent, especially one with a ranking. We'll learn a lot about the team in the next week when we finally (or abruptly) face 2-3 quality opponents which will force us to play our starters and core backups more minutes than they're currently logging.

We've played one game and already people are poking one toe over the cliff...
    There may be some who are "poking one toe over the cliff" while there are others who have the exact opposite viewpoint and that's the beauty of these message boards. You get to hear from all sides.

With that said, I can see where some would think our guys are another year older, another year to develop more physically and another year of having more experience automatically translates to more wins and better outcomes for this program. Wrong.

Sometimes your opponent has players that are simply more athletic and skillful than your own despite what you are carrying over from the previous year. SDSU looks just like that type of team. Some of the baskets that were made from moves those guys displayed last night were very impressive. UCONN is the same way. Yeah, they are inexperienced but they simply recruit more gifted players than we do - that's no secret.

This season will be quite simple. We win the non-con games we are supposed to, we lose to non-con teams in the toss-up games and we dominate the piss poor valley and punch our ticket to the NCAA's and win one game before going home.
    Wow, you make it sound like so much fun! GO SHOCKERS!!! I'm so fired up right now!

/sarcasm
    Game, set, match...SDSU wins the National Championship over Tulsa (since they made a miraculous turnaround after their opening season loss to Appalachian State, beginning with a win over ORU).

:sarcasm:

Comment

Working...
    X