X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Out of conference schedule

Well, it seems we have our hands full.

San Diego State beat Gonzaga

Nicholls State beat LSU (both of whom we play)

Tulsa beat ORU

And then there is Maui

If we can get some of these wins ----

San Diego State looked like a top 10 team last night. If they play us like they played Gonzaga (@ Gonzaga no less) then we are gonna get our #%&@ handed to us!

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
      San Diego State looked like a top 10 team last night. If they play us like they played Gonzaga (@ Gonzaga no less) then we are gonna get our #%&@ handed to us!
      I disagree.

I don't think we'll get blown out all year.

We might get worked a game or two, but never embarrassed.
      The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Did you watch the game? Zaga was lucky to get it to within 5 the few times they did. Everytime they did SDSU had answers from every position. SDSU has no weakness that I saw. The only reason it wasnt a blowout was because Gray for Zaga was out of his mind and single handedly willed his way to keep the zags in it. SDSU is the real deal and then some!

I would like to point out that I did say that if they play like last night that we are gonna get spanked. I didnt say if they play poorly we get handled. Honestly after watching them last night I think they could play poorly against us and still handle us fairly easily.

Comment

Did you watch the game? Zaga was lucky to get it to within 5 the few times they did. Everytime they did SDSU had answers from every position. SDSU has no weakness that I saw. The only reason it wasnt a blowout was because Gray for Zaga was out of his mind and single handedly willed his way to keep the zags in it. SDSU is the real deal and then some!

I would like to point out that I did say that if they play like last night that we are gonna get spanked. I didnt say if they play poorly we get handled. Honestly after watching them last night I think they could play poorly against us and still handle us fairly easily.
          wow. i dont give any team in the country that much credit. let alone san diego state. not saying were better than them but to say they flat out handle us easily is a little much

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7

wow. i dont give any team in the country that much credit. let alone san diego state. not saying were better than them but to say they flat out handle us easily is a little much
            If you watched them last night, you'd know what he meant. They look like a top 10 team! They look final four ready. We'll see if they maintain that level, but they matched up well with anyone in the country last night.
            Livin the dream

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7

How they're playing this early in the season and where the Shox are right now, are worlds apart. That's not to say we can't close the gap, but we'll need to do it in a hurry if were to look respectable in SD on 12/4.

Comment

SDSU looked really good last night. Athletic and active in the half court. By comparison, Michigan State looked athletic and undisciplined in the other game on at the time. I know it's not apples to apples, but I would've thought SDSU would run MSU out of the gym last night. If we get good guard play and can chew through some fouls on their Eric Coleman but taller center I think we can handle SDSU. If we play well in general we can beat MSU. Of course this is after watching one game. MSU could look like world heaters from here on out and SDSU might have peaked. What do I know;-)
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

I wonder if the Zags were looking ahead to #3 ranked Kitties on Nov. 22? (They also have Illinois on Dec 4)
                  I am sure SDSU went in focused and fired up. This will be a great measuring stick for the Shox and a win
                  there could punch our ticket as an at large in March.
                  "Political Correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media,
                  which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end."

Comment

I don't know how a person could watch SDSU last night and not be impressed.

Where were their weaknesses???

That team, the way they played last night, against a REALLY good team in an arena that Gonzaga has lost (did I hear this right) 4 times all time??!!

Those guys are loaded.

Comment

One thing I look at is how we went into a very good Utah St late last year and played, and how SDSU went into a excellent Gonzaga early and played. I hope one can see my concern.

On the other hand, if we can find that fire we had a few years back when we played Geogetown, Siena, and Mich St, plus now add our talent level and depth....who knows.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Did anyone ever stop and think that Gonzaga is highly overrated?

Comment

Great opportunities await this team, and it won't be long before we know whether or not they will deliver the galaxy in the tough part of our non-con schedule.

Will LSU end up being an RPI downer? At least for us comparatively?
                          Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind. ~Dr. Seuss

Comment

Originally posted by Nightwatchman
                            Did anyone ever stop and think that Gonzaga is highly overrated?
                            Highly overrated, possibly. Overrated, no.

Comment

San *Diego State's win against Gonzaga was impressive. The Zags have lost only 7 games on that court.

However, I'm not ready to mark December 4th as a loss already (although I did predict a loss there when the schedule came out).

We've yet to see the Shockers play against any meaningful competition. Everything changes when you're playing a quality opponent, especially one with a ranking. We'll learn a lot about the team in the next week when we finally (or abruptly) face 2-3 quality opponents which will force us to play our starters and core backups more minutes than they're currently logging.

We've played one game and already people are poking one toe over the cliff...

Comment

Working...
                              X