Pre-Season Poll??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pre-Season Poll??

When does the official mvc pre-season poll come out???
    " There's a difference between a good team and a great team "

I suspect on or around the scheduled Media day which is Tuesday October 26.

Comment

So...anyybody think WSU will make top 5?
      Phi Alpha

Comment

Nope. Traditional 9th place finish.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
          Nope. Traditional 9th place finish.
          I concur.
          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I'm betting somewhere around 5th.

Comment

The last time we were preseason 5th the season wasn't too shabby if I remember correctly. I'll take it. (or was that the time before -- memory fades)

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
                The last time we were preseason 5th the season wasn't too shabby if I remember correctly. I'll take it. (or was that the time before -- memory fades)
                The last time we were preseason 5th we finished 2nd in the Valley and coasted to an NIT appearance. That would be last year.
                Deuces Valley.
                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                  Originally posted by Shox21
                  The last time we were preseason 5th we finished 2nd in the Valley and coasted to an NIT appearance. That would be last year.
                  Okay. So I meant the time BEFORE. That was a GREAT season.

Comment

Just for the heck of it, here is the Illinois St beat writer's picks:

"He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

That was a good writeup, and it's time for Toure' to really start showing what he can do. I was glad to see that Stutz got mentioned as I feel his best season yet is coming up too.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                        Just for the heck of it, here is the Illinois St beat writer's picks:

http://www.pantagraph.com/app/blogs/main/?p=5508
                        I enjoyed it too, but he totally left off JT Durley, who has as much potential as Toure to make a big impact on the league.

:poster_jt: :poster_toure:

Comment

You Shocker fans appear to have a pretty good team on paper this coming season. I for one though am not ready to mail the trophy to Wichita as several Valley teams may want to stake a claim to it before all is said and done. Heck, even our Sycamores think they are going to prove the prognosticators wrong and have a say in who finishes where and I too am betting they have a solid say before all is done.

Comment

Originally posted by SycamoreFanatic
                            You Shocker fans appear to have a pretty good team on paper this coming season. I for one though am not ready to mail the trophy to Wichita as several Valley teams may want to stake a claim to it before all is said and done. Heck, even our Sycamores think they are going to prove the prognosticators wrong and have a say in who finishes where and I too am betting they have a solid say before all is done.
                            Yes, the trees will have a say on who finishes six or seventh. We have the most complete and deepest team in the valley by far. We aren't just good on paper but have proven talent.

Comment

Originally posted by SycamoreFanatic
                              Good to have someone talking basketball for a change.

Tell me, who are the Trees going to rely on in the paint? Isiah Martin is competent defensively. But who else will carry the mail in the paint?

I like your guard rotation...it is solid with a lot of ability. I do however, have some questions about your coach.

Comment

Working...
                              X