No announcement yet.

WSU VERSUS WYOMING PREDICTIONS

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The coaches get 1 off day to prepare for 3 days of practices. A lot of things can get at least a bit better in 3 days. Some things can probably get a lot better in 3 days.

Shox - 71
    Cowboys - 59
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Just asking because I was thinking if we will have to play Sean at all

Comment

72-65 Shocks

Comment

Mr. ASM, if it were not for all of the NCAA red tape, we could have " a situation" this very Saturday. It was obvious-- several of us here, including you and me----were SO fans. When he was hot----he was on fire. In a weird sort of way, I sorta wish SO could play on what day? This very Saturday baby?

I have no way to know for sure---but---my prediction is SO will be in the House. If he was here playing, it would be poetic justice to put PJ on him defensively and let the chips fall where they may. Meanwhile, back at the ranch---whether SO is in attendance or not----Lets rock them Cowboys because this is Our House---and when you come to Our House---It's BAD THANGS BABY!!!!!!! :drum: :poster_cooz: :bow: :rant: :bball_spin: :goshocks: :posterwsu:
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Shocks 73
            Wyoming 63

:posterwsu:

Comment

Like WSU, Wyoming has a first year head coach, and by the comments made by fans on their boards, it would appear that like us they have had some snags at times running a new system. The two teams appear to be in similar situations, but this will be Wyoming's 3rd straight road game, which should be to our favor.

Right now, they shoot a high percentage from the field (although they also allow a pretty high percentage), but they don't shoot very well from 3. They shoot a lot of free throws, which is not surprising since we know they like to drive the ball to the basket. They create a lot of steals, but they give a lot of it back by turning it over themselves and by getting outrebounded.

Wyoming appears to want to press the action and create a high scoring, up-tempo game. On the other hand, we should be looking to force outside shots, while counting on our rebounding to get us extra possessions. I wouldn't be surprised to see us play quite a bit of zone to force outside shots and keep our guys out of foul trouble.

I won't give an exact score prediction, but I will say that I believe that we will win this game if we hold Wyoming to 65 points or less. Keep in mind that we only had 4 games last year that we scored more points than we scored at Wyoming.
              "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

You mean the Shockers actually play Wyoming on Saturday night?

You couldn't tell from the Local Wichita media. They make it sound like the only game happening saturday night is some football game between Missouri and UK.

If the Shockers win on Saturday night but nobody hears about it, does it still count?

Shocks 60, Wyoming 56

Comment

Good luck against Wyoming ... time to start a win streak, right?

Comment

is it just me or do we make every team look like a 3 point shooting machine. It seems like the rim is an ocean for our opponent every time the SHOX step on to the floor.
                    ________
                    California medical marijuana dispensaries
                    http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by MSNSaluki
                      Good luck against Wyoming ... time to start a win streak, right?
                      I'm pretty sure a streak doesn't start until you win three in a row. Two in a row would be back-to-back wins.

;-)

Comment

I'm not sure our offense is ready to hit in the 70's just yet but it's getting better.

Shocks - 65
                        cowboys - 60

:goshocks:

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter
                          Like WSU, Wyoming has a first year head coach, and by the comments made by fans on their boards, it would appear that like us they have had some snags at times running a new system. The two teams appear to be in similar situations, but this will be Wyoming's 3rd straight road game, which should be to our favor.

Right now, they shoot a high percentage from the field (although they also allow a pretty high percentage), but they don't shoot very well from 3. They shoot a lot of free throws, which is not surprising since we know they like to drive the ball to the basket. They create a lot of steals, but they give a lot of it back by turning it over themselves and by getting outrebounded.

Wyoming appears to want to press the action and create a high scoring, up-tempo game. On the other hand, we should be looking to force outside shots, while counting on our rebounding to get us extra possessions. I wouldn't be surprised to see us play quite a bit of zone to force outside shots and keep our guys out of foul trouble.

I won't give an exact score prediction, but I will say that I believe that we will win this game if we hold Wyoming to 65 points or less. Keep in mind that we only had 4 games last year that we scored more points than we scored at Wyoming.
                          Thank you. I'm sure glad to see posts like this. It seems like there's been more talk about our former head coach, and the potential of our new head coach, than actual analysis of basketball recently.

Wyoming Press Release

Comment

Does anyone know if Butler practiced with the team yesterday, like he wanted to do?

Comment

I predict that I will have at least one bottled beverage at the game.

I predict that I will make as much noise - and expend as much energy - as possible to help the home team out.

I predict that I will almost completely forget about UK-MU on TV back at home.

I predict that WSU will have more trouble inside the paint than outside (prediction based on the physical play between the two teams in last year's game).

Following on the previous prediction, I predict that a lot of FT's will be taken by both teams.

I predict WSU will win a close one, building up a 10-15 point lead and watching much of it evaporate (these youngsters have shown a pattern of needing to learn to play with a lead).

Comment

FSF feels a big game coming tonight from GM and a Victory by the Shocks in a tough game. The crowd will be that edge we need to squeak this win out by 7. RC is due to nose out 14 rebounds, sooner than later. A win tonight, and we are 3-2, and moving forward preparing for future Conference play.
                                Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                                X