Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Zardoz
    Originally posted by 1972Shocker
    HCGM had high praise to Matt for his defensive work on UIC's leading scoring Mayo. I think he had 34 against Bradley. Matt and Shocks held him to 8.

:clap:

??? Are you out of your mind?
    I don't think so. But I must admit I have no idea what your point is.

Comment

• Wichita St.
      Name Min FG 3Pt FT Off Reb Ast TO Stl Blk PF Pts
      P.J. Couisnard 31 6-11 3-5 0-0 0 2 3 5 1 0 1 15
      R. Clemente 30 5-9 0-0 0-0 3 12 0 2 0 1 2 10
      P. Thomasson 27 4-10 0-2 2-2 1 4 2 1 1 0 1 10
      G. Mekel 32 1-5 0-1 4-4 0 5 6 1 0 0 2 6
      M. Braeuer 34 4-4 1-1 2-2 1 5 3 3 1 1 2 11
      A. Ellis 10 1-2 0-0 0-0 0 2 0 0 0 0 1 2
      W. Preadom 13 0-0 0-0 0-0 0 1 0 1 0 1 2 0
      J.T. Durley 13 3-9 0-2 2-3 1 3 0 0 0 0 0 8
      M. Griskenas 10 2-3 0-1 1-1 0 0 0 2 0 0 4 5

Totals 200 26-53 4-12 11-12 6 34 14 15 3 3 15 67
      Percentages: .491 .333 .917 Team Rebounds: 1

Comment

• The seniors really stepped it up today, having scored a combined 36 points
        Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• Originally posted by notquiteBWing
          shox 70
          flamers 61

we make some threes...
          we out rebound them by 15
          gal has more assists than turnovers
          clemente gets a double double (points and rebounds)
          durley will hit a three.
          PJ will dunk it and scream afterwards!
          Phil will be consistent
          mantas will make a jump shot.
          we will go about 50% at the free throw line.
          durley will only have 9 points.
          Hatch will have 1 assist

i'm done.
          score was close...67-60
          we made 3's (but of course we did)
          gal had 6 assists and only one turnover
          clemente had a double double! (my best prediction)
          durley missed the 3 he took
          phil was consistent.
          mantas didn't make a jump shot, i don't even know if he took one.
          we shot way better than 50% free throws (thank God)
          durley had 8 points (close)
          hatch didnt play.

i'm done.
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

• I was able to catch most of the first half and PJ's 3 to open the second half during lunch.

Some very encouraging signs: It sounded like PJ was playing more in his previous style - driving to the basket and putting up a 3 when it was comfortable. Either Marshall put in some different sets or the execution was better. 12 of 53 FG attempts were 3's. Mekel with 6 A's and 1 TO.

Turnovers will drop once the players are running Marshall's system as second nature. Cooz and Braeuer leading in TO's is surprising as they are probably the best ball-handlers and decision-makers on the team.

Sunday's NFL games had more than a few times when a receiver ran one route and the quarterback threw to a different route. Something similar is probably happening with WSU. Maybe an offensive player is on the wrong side of a defender for a play. Maybe some of Marshall's sets and plays are similar to Turgeon's but different. Once the offense is second nature, the turnovers will drop dramatically.
            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Let's talk turkey!!! The Cowboys are coming-- the Cowboys are coming. They have some fine guards that can light it up. Yes, in our own yard, we Can beat them. However, we will likely need to play better then our first 4 games to do it. We need to cut down on our turnovers. Our players will shoot better at home. As the Season continues, I really hope we develop the killer instinct and put teams away, not opening the flood gates.
              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Good work, Shockers!
                Way to right the ship ... now, keep it rolling.

Comment

• Thanks for the kind words MSN. How are your new replacement players doing so far? The loss of Tatum and Young had to be a hit on both sides of the floor?
                  Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                    Thanks for the kind words MSN. How are your new replacement players doing so far? The loss of Tatum and Young had to be a hit on both sides of the floor?
                    First off, you guys are gonna be fine. The Marshall Plan will take hold at some point ... it just takes a little time to get acclimated to the new system, for sure.

As for SIU, we've shown a ton more offensive firepower thus far. Granted, we've only got two exhibition games and Northern Illinois under our belts but my sources say the Salukis will be much, much better offensively this year. We'll see.

Losing Tatum is no big deal to me. While he hit a ton of big shots down the stretch last season, he simply clogged up our offense by dribbling all the time. Young was an overachiever. So, it may be addition by subtraction for us.

Now, kick Wyoming's ass on Saturday! :posterwsu:

Comment

• Originally posted by MSNSaluki
                      Originally posted by forevershockerfan
                      Thanks for the kind words MSN. How are your new replacement players doing so far? The loss of Tatum and Young had to be a hit on both sides of the floor?
                      First off, you guys are gonna be fine. The Marshall Plan will take hold at some point ... it just takes a little time to get acclimated to the new system, for sure.

As for SIU, we've shown a ton more offensive firepower thus far. Granted, we've only got two exhibition games and Northern Illinois under our belts but my sources say the Salukis will be much, much better offensively this year. We'll see.

Losing Tatum is no big deal to me. While he hit a ton of big shots down the stretch last season, he simply clogged up our offense by dribbling all the time. Young was an overachiever. So, it may be addition by subtraction for us.

Now, kick Wyoming's ass on Saturday! :posterwsu:
                      Now that's what I call a TRUE Missouri Valley fan. Thanks for the comments.

Long live The Valley!
                      This house is ROCKIN'

Comment

Working...
                      X