Bench Braeuer and Cooz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bench Braeuer and Cooz

In the game for last place in the tournament, put anyone other than Braeuer and Cooz in the starting lineup. Those guys need a wakeup call.

SIU had a start of a season like this 2 years ago. The eraly-season bad losses were enough to keep them out of the NCAA's. They got in by winning Arch Madness.

I hate to say it, but losing to Baylor and Monmouth requires a major turnaround to be an NCAA bubble team. That major turnaround doesn't appear likely.

Either WSU is going to have an unbelievable turnaround or WSU has to get the Valley's auto-bid. If neither of those happen, WSU isn't going to sniff the NIT.

Bench the Sr's other than PT. Cooz and Matt are still playing Turgeon ball and haven't adjusted to the different coaching. Let them play again when they are confident in what's supposed to happen this year instead of relying on what they've done in the past.

It's only 3 early-season games, but bad losses are stacking up. At some point it's better to build for next year than to work on this year. Cooz and Braeuer need to be aware of this and demonstrate they want some wins this year. If they don't do that, Marshall may as well work on developing next year's team.
    The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
    We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

yea, might as well. couldn't hurt!!!
    veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Originally posted by notquiteBWing
      yea, might as well. couldn't hurt!!!
      Wrong, it would hurt a lot. Matty does a lot on the offensive end and Cooz does a lot on D, unfortunately he's stinkin it up on O.

Comment

wow guess nobody knows what an adjustment period means. your expectations along with alot of people are way to high this season. You have to realize sometimes there are going to be down years. Not saying this team cant be good; because they can with the talent, but the way they were thrown together and almost none of them besides brauer and cooz having D1 experience its not reasonable to expect them to just come in and play great basketball. Marshall guranteed great effort and so far i have seen that. Let the system work and have some patience. Dont go calling for the benching of two of our leaders just because of a couple of bad games.

Comment

How in the world can you bench Matt. Gal cant pass nor can he dribble. If anything happens to Matt was are in a big hurt. Cooz could use some time on the pine

Comment

Understand your pain, but we just need to let the coach do his job. That's why he's here. Frustrating, yes, but we're not the only team going through this.

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

I'm so glad that Aargh is not the coach.

Comment

I hate to say it, but losing to Baylor and Monmouth requires a major turnaround to be an NCAA bubble team.

ummm ncaa bubble team? What?

Comment

Originally posted by lawmaker
                  I hate to say it, but losing to Baylor and Monmouth requires a major turnaround to be an NCAA bubble team.

ummm ncaa bubble team? What?
                  Did you change your avatar? I'm pretty sure baylor hasn't done sh!$, in basketball. SO maybe you should save it if you ever have a wining season!

Comment

Re: Bench Braeuer and Cooz

Originally posted by Aargh
                    In the game for last place in the tournament, put anyone other than Braeuer and Cooz in the starting lineup. Those guys need a wakeup call.

SIU had a start of a season like this 2 years ago. The eraly-season bad losses were enough to keep them out of the NCAA's. They got in by winning Arch Madness.

I hate to say it, but losing to Baylor and Monmouth requires a major turnaround to be an NCAA bubble team. That major turnaround doesn't appear likely.

Either WSU is going to have an unbelievable turnaround or WSU has to get the Valley's auto-bid. If neither of those happen, WSU isn't going to sniff the NIT.

Bench the Sr's other than PT. Cooz and Matt are still playing Turgeon ball and haven't adjusted to the different coaching. Let them play again when they are confident in what's supposed to happen this year instead of relying on what they've done in the past.

It's only 3 early-season games, but bad losses are stacking up. At some point it's better to build for next year than to work on this year. Cooz and Braeuer need to be aware of this and demonstrate they want some wins this year. If they don't do that, Marshall may as well work on developing next year's team.
                    Benching is not the answer in this case. The real answer is to stop playing players where they don't belong. You've heard this before from this source, but it is what it is. PJ is NOT a shooting guard. The real issue is others are telling him what he has to do to make it to the next level. So after a pre-season meeting with the new coach, they decide he is the new version of Sean Ogirri. Guess what, he ain't.
                    SO drove me nuts with his lack of 'D' but I wouldn't want to play him in H-O-R-S-E. PJ is a slash and drive type of player and trying to make him into something else may have given everybody a nice case of the pre-season warm and fuzzies, but blatantly obvious it isn't working. Do what you are good at and let the game come to you. Until they reach that conclusion, this team will struggle to score. 8)
                    Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Re: Bench Braeuer and Cooz

Originally posted by ShockRef
                      Originally posted by Aargh

Benching is not the answer in this case. The real answer is to stop playing players where they don't belong. You've heard this before from this source, but it is what it is. PJ is NOT a shooting guard. The real issue is others are telling him what he has to do to make it to the next level. So after a pre-season meeting with the new coach, they decide he is the new version of Sean Ogirri. Guess what, he ain't.
                      SO drove me nuts with his lack of 'D' but I wouldn't want to play him in H-O-R-S-E. PJ is a slash and drive type of player and trying to make him into something else may have given everybody a nice case of the pre-season warm and fuzzies, but blatantly obvious it isn't working. Do what you are good at and let the game come to you. Until they reach that conclusion, this team will struggle to score. 8)
                      PJ is a two, he is just a different type of He is not a sooter like O, he is a creater. Cooz needs the ball in his hand most every possession. I just hope he goes back to hid game and not the game that others say he needs to develop for the NBA.

BTW...Europe still pays pretty darn well!

Comment

Maybe Coach can take the players over to the British side of the Virgin Islands where US laws don't apply and have a "Full Metal Jacket" practice today!

"PJ & Matt, you boys are from Texas? There's only two things that come
                        from Texas, steers and ......."

"Private PJ, are you #### serious!! You can't make one #### jumpshot!"

"This is my basketball and these are my balls, one is for fightin' and the other is for fun"

Shocker fans lets just take a deep breath, we have one more win then our football team this year! :yahoo:
                        Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

This may have already been posted. From Sunday's Wichita Eagle:

coach Gregg Marshall's offense isn't a snap to pick up.

Winthrop coach Randy Peele, an assistant under Marshall for four seasons, said there's no way to rush through the offense.

"The system is one of the most intricate systems that I've been fortunate to be a part of," Peele said. "There's a lot to learn, and that's why traditionally our teams got better as the year went on. It doesn't happen because you flip a switch. It's a day-by-day process."
                          Let's hope that is the case with the Shockers. As far as the Monmouth game goes it sounds like we may of had a perfect storm of learning a new, complex offense, facing a match-up zone that these guys don't see a lot of, rushing the offense a little (which I think has been the case in all of their games so far) and topping it off with a bad shooting night.

Let's see how the guys respond to adversity before we start pulling their scholarships. Obviously, this transition to the Marshall era is going to be more challenging than most of us thought.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Does Marshall's system even remotely have anything to do with causing players to miss wide open shots and layups?

Once the players get their confidence back (not sure why they lost it), they'll turn it around.

Comment

Here's the deal. What we have at the Jam, is a new Coach, a new System, wholesale numbers of new players intermingling with players that played under a different System, still on the learning curve of a sophisticated new offense. We knew there would be growing pains. Here is the great news. Our intensity and efforts are there to the max. Therefore, we need to NOT over-react and bench the players that will be the catalyst as we move forward.

Nobody is probably more frustrated than MB and PJ. However, they are trying hard and the results will follow. Yes, last nights loss was more painful to this cat at times then my last root canal. However, just get me a win at the Jam, come home and beat Wyoming, and we will be 3-2. It is much better to get the growing pains fixed and corrected early, rather then to zip to 9-0--be number 8 in the Country, and then do the Vegas thing followed by a belly flop. This team will get better when it really counts. It is too early to start making examples out the the Seniors who have been busting their behinds for this Program for the past 3- 4 years. MB and PJ will give us their heart and soul. It is hard to ask much more then that.
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X