No announcement yet.

Bench Braeuer and Cooz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So you still want to bench Matty and Cooz?

Comment

Re: Bench Braeuer and Cooz

Originally posted by Aargh
      In the game for last place in the tournament, put anyone other than Braeuer and Cooz in the starting lineup. Those guys need a wakeup call.

SIU had a start of a season like this 2 years ago. The eraly-season bad losses were enough to keep them out of the NCAA's. They got in by winning Arch Madness.

I hate to say it, but losing to Baylor and Monmouth requires a major turnaround to be an NCAA bubble team. That major turnaround doesn't appear likely.

Either WSU is going to have an unbelievable turnaround or WSU has to get the Valley's auto-bid. If neither of those happen, WSU isn't going to sniff the NIT.

Bench the Sr's other than PT. Cooz and Matt are still playing Turgeon ball and haven't adjusted to the different coaching. Let them play again when they are confident in what's supposed to happen this year instead of relying on what they've done in the past.

It's only 3 early-season games, but bad losses are stacking up. At some point it's better to build for next year than to work on this year. Cooz and Braeuer need to be aware of this and demonstrate they want some wins this year. If they don't do that, Marshall may as well work on developing next year's team.
      Brauer - 34 minutes, 4 for 4.
      Cooz - 31 minutes, 6 for 11.
      Glad you're not the coach.
      :goshocks:
      Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

No more then we won today---that move could have been the "kiss of death." Furthermore, I did not see anybody from our bench the first 2 games of the Jam, doing anything to take away their Starts this early on.
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Matt is not weak on the defense either, their top player scored most of his points when Matt wasn't on the floor or on Mayo.

Comment

Yeah right, bench the 2 most important guys on the team this year. This is a young team with a lot of potential, and everybody including the veterans are learning a whole new system. Patience is a virtue, give these guys time and you will see that they will improve. This team will get a lot better as the season goes on, and don't forget we still have a 7 footer on the way in Orupke. Don't panic it's way to early.

Comment

As far as the guys being tired at the paradise jam i offer you this. My folks are there and were talking with one of the hotel staff and he had commented that we were going to lose to monmouth. my folks asked why he thought that he said they are out swimming in the ocean. They said yeah so whats that got to do with it and he said well everyone here knows and they obviously dont but being in that ocean for 2-3 hours will really zap you of any energy you have. Now today after we won PJ commented about swimming with a life jacket and a noodle and he was just pooped. Something to think about for future trips to sunny island retreats for tournys.

Comment

Originally posted by t7017s
                As far as the guys being tired at the paradise jam i offer you this. My folks are there and were talking with one of the hotel staff and he had commented that we were going to lose to monmouth. my folks asked why he thought that he said they are out swimming in the ocean. They said yeah so whats that got to do with it and he said well everyone here knows and they obviously dont but being in that ocean for 2-3 hours will really zap you of any energy you have. Now today after we won PJ commented about swimming with a life jacket and a noodle and he was just pooped. Something to think about for future trips to sunny island retreats for tournys.
                I'm always "too pooped to pop" after spending considerable time in the ocean or a lake... heck, just sitting in a boat and soaking up the rays will zap you. I have a hard time believing that this was coach Marshall's first trip to the islands... maybe this is all just part of the Marshall plan.
                :D
                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

well he did say he cant gaurantee every shot will go in or that we win will every time we step on to the floor, but did promise that this team will work hard or wont play at all. He also said that he would put a team out there that would make us proud.
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

When I was a kid our baseball coach always said, "no swimming on game days!"

Comment

Brauer - 34 minutes, 4 for 4.
                      Cooz - 31 minutes, 6 for 11.
                      Glad you're not the coach.
                      Me too.
                      The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                      We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

My kids swim competitively and I can confirm that swimming takes a fair amount of energy and hydration, especially if you're not used to it. Lake/ocean water swimming will tire you even more (than lap pool swimming.) Wind and sun exposure will wear you out as well. And if they weren't drinking EXTRA water with the water activities, it sure could have had an effect. I do a lot of cycling in the summer months and I drink at least a minimum of a gallon of water a day to stay hydrated, not counting water taken in during a ride.

Comment

Everybody knows you don't go swimming on gameday. I find that story hard to believe.

Comment

Hey man I'm just passing on what i was told is all. I certainly wasnt there so obviously I cannot confirm it. just telling you what i was told.

Comment

Working...
                            X