No announcement yet.

At least they're going though growing pains now than later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If we lose Monday the Shocker Ticket Marketplace is going to be busier that a gerbil salesman in a gay bar!
    Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
      If we lose Monday the Shocker Ticket Marketplace is going to be busier that a gerbil salesman in a gay bar!
      That was bad.

But I agree that Marketplace will be busy.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane

Shocker Football...Alive in '95 errr 2005 errr 2025!!

Comment

Originally posted by aShock4life
          Missing shots is not part of the growing period people keep talking about. Playing with new team members a new coach whatever has nothing to do with a shot going in the basket. I think this is part of the reason Marshall said I am still teaching the basics....They gotta step up and play. Back to the basics of just getting the ball to go in the basket. All of this talk of needing to get use to the new team and all that....come on now..they just need to play like men and want it a little more.
          There is another way of looking at missed shots and implementing a new system. It's very easy to change the shooting mentality from "this one's going in" to "I've got to make this one". It can be easy to try too hard and clank them from attempting to aim the ball instead of just shooting it.

When a player has to think about where the other players are supposed to be and then look around to see if they are there, sometimes there's either no time or no choice to do anything other than shoot the dang ball.

Last year when PJ or Matt had the ball they knew where Ogirri and Wilson would be and where, when and how those guys would make a move to get to an open spot on the floor. That's not there this year. That can lead to a thought process of "well, I guess it's up to me - I better make this one". That's not a productive thought process unless that player has enormous confidence, which is unlikely while learning a new system.
          The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
          We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

Originally posted by Aargh
            Originally posted by aShock4life
            Missing shots is not part of the growing period people keep talking about. Playing with new team members a new coach whatever has nothing to do with a shot going in the basket. I think this is part of the reason Marshall said I am still teaching the basics....They gotta step up and play. Back to the basics of just getting the ball to go in the basket. All of this talk of needing to get use to the new team and all that....come on now..they just need to play like men and want it a little more.
            There is another way of looking at missed shots and implementing a new system. It's very easy to change the shooting mentality from "this one's going in" to "I've got to make this one". It can be easy to try too hard and clank them from attempting to aim the ball instead of just shooting it.

When a player has to think about where the other players are supposed to be and then look around to see if they are there, sometimes there's either no time or no choice to do anything other than shoot the dang ball.

Last year when PJ or Matt had the ball they knew where Ogirri and Wilson would be and where, when and how those guys would make a move to get to an open spot on the floor. That's not there this year. That can lead to a thought process of "well, I guess it's up to me - I better make this one". That's not a productive thought process unless that player has enormous confidence, which is unlikely while learning a new system.

T

...8)

Comment

I agree but the seniors have been playing for how long? That is part of the game. I just feel like if they don't have confidence to shot and get it in ...sit em on the bench...some of this started last year and is just still going. I guess we are all allowed our own views on this. And with that I feel that all the new system stuff is no excuse for not making shots fall.

Comment

PJ

Keep in mind, P.J. has hit 48.1% from the filed including 35.8% from the 3 over a 3 year career. Right now, he can't throw the ball in the ocean, but when the season is over, he will be near those stats, hopefully a little higher from the 3.

Once PJ gets it going, Matt starts hitting a few, the newcomers gain some confidence in their shots, things will get better. Gal is doing well at the 2 and will improve as a back up to Matt at the 1, even though he will possibly never be a true point guard as we see them. Mantas has shown over some time that he can shoot and just because he has hit a very bad stretch does not mean he won't come back to what he has shown over the years. Keep in mind how horrible Kyle Wilson's shot was early his 1st Shocker year. I began to wonder if he'd ever make a shot. I also fully expect Clemente doing more offensively.

I have never seen this year's team winning 20 and still don't. I do however see the team improving a great deal between November and March and I expect the team to be very dangerous come Arch Madness.

I choose to remain calm and enjoy myself. This team will give us some thrills and will improve. Then we will continue to see the program grow as Coach Marshall continues to bring in more and more outstanding talent.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Working...
                X