No announcement yet.

At least they're going though growing pains now than later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now's the time for Shocker fans to show their quality.

Monday's another day. We know they're not this bad from the field. That can't continue. The lid will come off, and we'll be fine.

Remember: We're playing to get ready for the MVC season.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

Originally posted by KC Shox
      Originally posted by BA2929
      I'm just going to chalk it up to tired legs, which made a bad shooting night. - Its only game 2, the world isnt crashing down, yet.
      Ehhhh I dunno about that. I think GM ran these boys harder in the pre-season than MT ever did. I think these guys are in shape, they just can't shoot. When your best player is a combined 1 for 16 in the last two games, your not going to win very many ball games.

I think game conditioning is different from just running in practice. When you run sprints in practice, you don't have to defend another guy, shoot and leap for rebounds. But, they could be in great shape, as you say, yet nobody is any good at shooting. Which is a big problem if you actually want to win games.
      "You can observe a lot just by watching."
      -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by Wuzee
        I'd say OOC games matter.

Comment

need more assists...we averaged 17 in the 2 exhibitions

not sure how many we had tonight (not many I suspect) but going into tonight after 2 games we were averaging 13.5 assists and I'm sure it went down some tonight.

I realize part of that is the fact we missed shots...can't get an assist if it doesn't go in the basket. But still, we need to move the ball better. I just don't think we are trying to get the BEST shot possible.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

true they do force shots...and I do think they are better than this...they just need to step it up, relax and play...

Comment

Originally posted by Shoxfan11
              Originally posted by Wuzee
              I'd say OOC games matter.
              Only to the extent that you believed we were going to be in a position to get an at-large berth with all the new pieces GM's gotta fit together.
              “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

Comment

i look forward to the MVC tourney. Maybe HCGM can work some of his magic there. These players are not on the same page as the coach, and that really does show after three games. It is not the players fault and neither is it the coaches. It's called rebuilding, and this is just not something many of us want to admit to, but its the truth. I mean I get it, new players, new system, and new players getting time to gel with the older players. It just sucks losing, period.

GO SHOX, and lets take care of UIC on Munday.

:wsu_posters:
                ________
                AllDayFunnn
                http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

Originally posted by goshocks
                  i look forward to the MVC tourney. Maybe HCGM can work some of his magic there. These players are not on the same page as the coach, and that really does show after three games. It is not the players fault and neither is it the coaches. It's called rebuilding, and this is just not something many of us want to admit to, but its the truth. I mean I get it, new players, new system, and new players getting time to gel with the older players. It just sucks losing, period.

GO SHOX, and lets take care of UIC on Munday.

:wsu_posters:
                  I guess it's kinda like Marshall said to the Monmouth coach earlier....that while Monmouth may have quite a few freshmen...coach said he said he knows what he's going through as he has 14 freshmen....
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Coach Marshall seemed a little down in the dumps in his post game show. Obviously, his subdued tone is totally understandable.

He said it was probably the poorest offensive effort he has ever been associated with.

However, he doesn't strike me as the kind of Coach that will let this stand for long, although he may have a limited number of arrows in his quiver this year.

Hang in there Shocks and Shocker fans.

Comment

The specific quote from Coach Marshall was that tonight's game was "one of the worst performances offensively that I've ever been a part of"

Comment

Said he was going to turn up the heat in practice.
                        Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

said he was going to get the psychology books out because the guys are so fragile. Man that tells me right there that this team doesn't have the killer instinct needed to be successful. Maybe Marshall needs to hire a sports psychologist..... :-)

Comment

I guess we kind of had an idea it was going to be rough before the season started. I'm not going to panic too much, though. But hopefully we can come out of the tourney with at least one win.
                            Once a Shocker, Always a Shocker-- RIP Guy Alang-Ntang

Shocker Basketball=Life

Comment

Well, if this keeps up, we ought to be able to keep our coach for another year.
                              Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Comment

Working...
                                X