At least they're going though growing pains now than later

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• At least they're going though growing pains now than later

they lost.......to monmouth. it's because everyone has to learn a new system: the coaches and the players. Coach is trying damn hard to get it through their heads but it'll take time to get it together. Just Relax, S-net.
    Oh yeah, the sky's not falling

The question is: How much time is it going to take? Yes, they're learning a new system, yes, we have a new coach. However, we have some experience out there, such as players that played in the Sweet 16 that should be carrying this team. We haven't seen that at all yet.

Comment

This is their fifth game, and the third straight game where the offense has gotten worse. This is the point in the season where you should see almost exponential improvement from game to game.

Missing open shots is not a problem running the offense.

Comment

I seem to recall SIU started the season out like this a few years ago.

Comment

While Marshall's system allows for more "freedom" with shooting, I don't think it's intended for this much one on one stuff. Sounds like just alot of guys shooting when they have an inch.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I'm just going to chalk it up to tired legs, which made a bad shooting night. - Its only game 2, the world isnt crashing down, yet.
            "You can observe a lot just by watching."
            -- Yogi Berra

Comment

Originally posted by vancedave56
              They had a freak loss to Alaska-Anchorage (or was it Fairbanks?) and IIRC, a good Murray St. team.

If you include the exhibition games, we have yet to see a good offensive performance in five contests. Even this early, I can't quite accept that it's a temporary condition.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
                While Marshall's system allows for more "freedom" with shooting, I don't think it's intended for this much one on one stuff. Sounds like just alot of guys shooting when they have an inch.
                Maybe PJ and Matt are SO USED to MT's "system" approach, that they don't know what to do with freedom. Like being in a golden bird cage. The door is open and you really don't believe it or understand why you would want to fly out...

what the hell did I just say? :blink:
                Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Missing shots is not part of the growing period people keep talking about. Playing with new team members a new coach whatever has nothing to do with a shot going in the basket. I think this is part of the reason Marshall said I am still teaching the basics....They gotta step up and play. Back to the basics of just getting the ball to go in the basket. All of this talk of needing to get use to the new team and all that....come on now..they just need to play like men and want it a little more.

Comment

It reminded me of a Mike Cohen team. I only hope they improve more than his teams.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                      They had a freak loss to Alaska-Anchorage (or was it Fairbanks?) and IIRC, a good Murray St. team.

If you include the exhibition games, we have yet to see a good offensive performance in five contests. Even this early, I can't quite accept that it's a temporary condition.
                      Actually the 2nd loss was to Monmouth...ironically enough.
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by BA2929
                        I'm just going to chalk it up to tired legs, which made a bad shooting night. - Its only game 2, the world isnt crashing down, yet.
                        Ehhhh I dunno about that. I think GM ran these boys harder in the pre-season than MT ever did. I think these guys are in shape, they just can't shoot. When your best player is a combined 1 for 16 in the last two games, your not going to win very many ball games.

Comment

SIU lost to Monmouth also, however, that Monmouth team went on to the NCAA tournament and finished with an 18-15 record.

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                            It reminded me of a Mike Cohen team. I only hope they improve more than his teams.
                            Marshall is too of a coach to let that happen (long term). He may not be able to do much with this year's team, but next year, it's pretty much his guys - things will change - just not sure how soon....
                            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by aShock4life
                              Missing shots is not part of the growing period people keep talking about. Playing with new team members a new coach whatever has nothing to do with a shot going in the basket. I think this is part of the reason Marshall said I am still teaching the basics....They gotta step up and play. Back to the basics of just getting the ball to go in the basket. All of this talk of needing to get use to the new team and all that....come on now..they just need to play like men and want it a little more.
                              yeah but tonight it sounded like more of a problem of forcing alot of shots. I doubt that is part of Marshall's plan....so if that is the case then it IS somewhat about getting to know the new system and accepting it.

Comment

Working...
                              X