Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Wow, sorry but this offense is terrible...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My only concern about the offense is the substitution pattern...we have to have a proven scorer on the floor at all times....we had a lineup where Durley was the only scorer...which is fine, but we cant run our entire bench out there at one time until Ellis and Griskenas start hitting shots (which will happen).
    -Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind-

GO SHOX!

Comment

i dont understand why they rely so much on the 3pt shot. 6-23? its the same thing they did near the end of last year when they collapsed. they need some slashers to get to the FT line. get the other team in foul trouble and disrupt the opponent's pace.

Comment

Originally posted by Slalomshocker
        My only concern about the offense is the substitution pattern...we have to have a proven scorer on the floor at all times....we had a lineup where Durley was the only scorer...which is fine, but we cant run our entire bench out there at one time until Ellis and Griskenas start hitting shots (which will happen).
        Yeah, and I think they will start hitting those shots soon. I keep hearing the Mantas is money, so he'll come alive soon I'm sure. I think getting Arbry back will help, too. I guess he's a good shooter, as well.

Comment

Arbry is not a good shooter. He is an athlete with outstanding jumping/shot-blocking ability.

T

...8)

Comment

This thread would be more effective if it were to say something like "Wow sorry our shooting is terrible"

Or

"Wow sorry but we cant the broadside of the board"

Although shooting is a very big part of offense, the word OFFENSE is a pretty vague term.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
              This thread would be more effective if it were to say something like "Wow sorry our shooting is terrible"

Or

"Wow sorry but we cant the broadside of the board"

Although shooting is a very big part of offense, the word OFFENSE is a pretty vague term.
              I don't really see the difference. Like you said, shooting is a big part of offense, and good offensive flow creates good shots. The point of offense is to score, and we lost because we failed to do so. This is all based on one night and I have the utmost confidence that we'll right the ship, I'm just passionate about this team and think they're not playing up to potential.

Comment

this is purely IMHO but I dont see a problem with offensive flow. Sets look good we could use some more work on screens but if we just hit tose damn shots its all good.

Comment

this is purely IMHO but I dont see a problem with offensive flow. Sets look good we could use some more work on screens but if we just hit tose damn shots its all good.
                  I'll take your word on that, I haven't seen them live, just listened on the radio. A lot of illegal screens, so you're right on that. Don't worry my friend, I think those damn shots will fall like rain tonight, and the rest of the season for that matter. :clap:

Comment

I agree, when I listened to the game it sounded like our offensive scheme opened up shots for us but they just werent falling. :posterwsu: 8)
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Re: Wow, sorry but this offense is terrible...

Originally posted by GoShox117
                      Originally posted by KC Shox
                      I mean come on, our defense and rebounding is spot on, but we gotta start scoring some points. This is ridiculous, I'm so chapped right now.
                      Settle down rookie.
                      Settle down? This is my team and I'm upset about it, if your disconcerted by my post then don't comment, how bout that, joke.
                      Whoa! Take some midol will you? We are two games into the season and you threw a temper tantrum that rivals my 3 year-old niece. I think you're just a little premature in your meltdown that's all.........rookie.
                      Wow, I make a comment about how the offense is struggling and now I'm throwing a tantrum? It's not a meltdown, it's an observation, the same that was in the paper. Not sure how that relegates me to the level of a 3 year old....
                      Okay - okay, so you're not on the level of my niece, but using words such as "terrible, chapped, ridiculous" suggests that you went insane in the membrane rather than making a simple editorial or observation on the offense. You went from initially saying our offense is terrible to now our offense is struggling. I'm just pointing out the emotional yo-yo you seem to be on. But, I understand, women tend to be a little more emotional than their male counterparts.

Comment

I mean come on, our defense and rebounding is spot on, but we gotta start scoring some points. This is ridiculous, I'm so chapped right now.
                        Settle down rookie.
                        Settle down? This is my team and I'm upset about it, if your disconcerted by my post then don't comment, how bout that, joke.
                        Whoa! Take some midol will you? We are two games into the season and you threw a temper tantrum that rivals my 3 year-old niece. I think you're just a little premature in your meltdown that's all.........rookie.
                        Wow, I make a comment about how the offense is struggling and now I'm throwing a tantrum? It's not a meltdown, it's an observation, the same that was in the paper. Not sure how that relegates me to the level of a 3 year old....
                        Okay - okay, so you're not on the level of my niece, but using words such as "terrible, chapped, ridiculous" suggests that you went insane in the membrane rather than making a simple editorial or observation on the offense. You went from initially saying our offense is terrible to now our offense is struggling. I'm just pointing out the emotional yo-yo you seem to be on. But, I understand, women tend to be a little more emotional than their male counterparts.
                        Wow, you are a piece of work. I'm through with this.

Comment

Settle down rookie.
                          Wow, you are a piece of work. I'm through with this.
                          Oh c'mon! I was having fun gosh darn it. Just remember, I'm not Public Enemy Number 1 on Shockernet for nothing.

Comment

Wow, I thought WSU would lose by about 20. The defense was great. The rebounding was superb. There might have been some road nerves and some players may be pressing. P.J., Clamente and Mantas know a lot is expected of them. I think they will get better over time. J.T has been a very pleasant surprise on the offensive end. Gal is also playing well. All things considered, i feel good about the team. New system and new players need time. As someone else said, if WSU isn't better by the end of December, when we hit conference time, then I'll panic.

Comment

This is the worst offense I have seen a Shocker team play in many many years

Comment

Originally posted by wushock
                                This is the worst offense I have seen a Shocker team play in many many years
                                Definitely aren't putting it in the hole.

Comment

Working...
                                X