Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by mattdalt
    If you make a boneheaded play, and I boo, does that I mean I don't support you anymore, or am I just displeased with that one act?

If you accept the cheers when performing well, is it reasonable to accept a little booing after numerous mistakes?
    Valid points. I personally would never boo at the team directly. I did think about leaving half way through the second half last night though.
    I have to admit that thought crossed my mind also. I did not Boo (at the players), but I did tell my grandson that I didn't know how much more of that I could take at one point in the second half.

I'm glad I hung in there though. I did Boo (at the official) like crazy at the end of the game, at least until my voice gave out.

I don't think we should Boo the Shocks. But I also think the response to the smattering of Boos directed at the team last night has been more than a little overdone. At this point there is more than enough frustration to go around. Hopefully, the Shocks can right the ship with a good effort at USU on Saturday.

Comment

• Originally posted by lilshock
      Go ahead and get mad at me! First of all I dont like booing the team either. But, for coach to get all pissy about it after the game was very childesh. We are not the ones making a million a year to lose and to take evansville to overtime at HOME!!!!!!!!!!!! Absolutly rediculous!!! He still plays AE all game when he wouldnt play for another school in the country. At the end of the game, after a timeout the coach is to tell which players are to get the ball for freethrows. We passed it in to G. Stutz, then he passed to C. Hannah then he passed to Durley. Durley passed to T.M. and he held onto it till they fouled him!!! Dumb, dumb, dumb!!! He cant make a freethrow if his life depended on it. Thats coaching! G Hatch kept throwing crap up at the goal all night. Coach never sat him for it ever!!! Did they deserve boooooooooing? YES! Did I do it? NO!!! If you dont like it then learn how to beat the worst team in valley history. It sure is funny the shooting percentage was awesome in the overtime. That tells me thats when they decided to start playing. Lack of effort in the second half of the season!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! done being crappy
      Lilly are you related to MTXE? You know absolutely nothing about the finer points of basketball. Why don't you shut your pie hole before you embarrass yourself more than you already have.

BTW - Amen to what Good News said

Comment

• Boo-birds need not apply. This is a 20 plus win Season which is not a common accomplishment for our Shocks. We are undefeated at 'home sweet home' this Season. The Shocks were picked 5th in the Valley this Season. The Shocks are and have improved since last Season. Unfortunatly, we have been in a mini-funk lately, but have found ways to win much of the time. There were some setbacks even in 2006. Thus, a strong finish from here would be a nice way for Mr. Hannah to be remembered his Senior year and a nice springboard into next Season which will be something to remember and behold!!!!!!!
        Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
          Boo-birds need not apply. This is a 20 plus win Season which is not a common accomplishment for our Shocks. We are undefeated at 'home sweet home' this Season. The Shocks were picked 5th in the Valley this Season. The Shocks are and have improved since last Season. Unfortunatly, we have been in a mini-funk lately, but have found ways to win much of the time. There were some setbacks even in 2006. Thus, a strong finish from here would be a nice way for Mr. Hannah to be remembered his Senior year and a nice springboard into next Season which will be something to remember and behold!!!!!!!
          It would also be reallllllyyyyy Nice if we could win in St L and give Hannah a great senior present! :posterwu: 8)
          I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

• Originally posted by ABC
            Originally posted by ShockerFever
            I'll go ahead and say what some are thinking:

ES is lacking as an athletic director.
            Based on what? All of your inside knowledge?

Seems odd or pathetic that you and others are using the Lutz vs Marshall spat to critcize Sexton. Kind of bizarro. Not kind of.
            I'm not using the Lutz thing at all. It's a combination of a lot of things that he has or hasn't done. And there's quite a few out there that share my sentiment that are keeping it on the dl.

Sorry if the truth hurts..
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Good News,

I realize the players work hard off the court. I realize Coach Marshall spends countless hours a week prepping for his team. However, that has not translated into gameplay (you know the most important part) over the last two weeks. The trend started with Indiana State at home, continued with the embarrassing debacle at Evansville, lasted through Missouri State, and obviously showed up again last night in what was supposed to be a payback game against a team that you just can't eff around with... TWICE, no less.

You can call it just "college basketball playing out", but twice in 7 days against that inferior of competition is not acceptable. I realize seasons have ups and downs, and a bad game here or there is perfectly expected, especially as we enter the "grind". However, we've had 4 bad games in a row now. We're lucky that 3 of these games have happened at home and were against struggling teams. That's why it's so misleading. This isn't just "college basketball". This is on the team/coach. WSU should have simply had the motivation to beat the thump out of Evansville at home last night. They were 18 point favorites for a reason.

I've already established that I don't condone the booing but people were venting their frustration from a performance that was not worthy of a standing ovation.. well, not even close. That stuff happens all the time in collegiate athletics. It's not really cool, but you'll get the few that are like that. As others have mentioned, those same people were probably helping with the crowd noise at the end to save our team/coach's asses from a sweep by Evansville.

Please don't forget the fact that we sleptwalk through most of the game, was down by as many as 6 points to a team with a 1-14 Valley record midway through the second half, and somehow pissed away an 8 point lead in the final minute that could have easily resulted in an L.

Seriously, what do you some of you expect? Take the freaking blinders off and get into the heads of a rabid fanbase that demands solid basketball for a second.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Fever The biggest problem that I see regarding your criticism of Marshall is that you take it to VT. Just learn to shut up sometimes.

Comment

• I don't think anyone is saying don't be frustrated or vent those frustrations. But choose a better outlet than booing the team. That's the only issue I have anyway. Vent all you want, just don't boo the team. As mentioned, I hope there weren't recruits and their families in attendance for that. Who would want to send their kid to a school only to get booed if they don't perform well.

**disclaimer - I admit I stopped reading this a few pages ago so I'm sure I have missed alot of the discussion.
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockmonster
                    Fever The biggest problem that I see regarding your criticism of Marshall is that you take it to VT. Just learn to shut up sometimes.
                    Yes, I probably shouldn't vent that much over there, but I don't wanna be misinterpreted as being "hypocritical" either.

Add in the frustration of a punk named Aces1982 and it boils me over to say some unnecessary things.

I'll try to maintain some inner circle respect from here on out. However, if something's really picking at me, I don't feel I should just hide it either.
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                      Originally posted by shockmonster
                      Fever The biggest problem that I see regarding your criticism of Marshall is that you take it to VT. Just learn to shut up sometimes.
                      Yes, I probably shouldn't vent that much over there, but I don't wanna be misinterpreted as being "hypocritical" either.

Add in the frustration of a punk named Aces1982 and it boils me over to say some unnecessary things.

I'll try to maintain some inner circle respect from here on out. However, if something's really picking at me, I don't feel I should just hide it either.
                      LOL you sound like you come from the Marshall school of "say whatever the hell I want" :) Nothing wrong with that!
                      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

• Originally posted by shockerfan
                        Originally posted by ShockerFever
                        Originally posted by shockmonster

LOL you sound like you come from the Marshall school of "say whatever the hell I want" :) Nothing wrong with that!
                        :lol: :good:
                        Deuces Valley.
                        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Unfortunately this is our towns pro team...and the emotions got the best of some of what I hope are usually die hard shocker fans other than on this night and during that moment.....it will pass like a kidney stone from he!! .....but it will pass and I hope nothing like this happens to any of our teams in the future....

I cant imagine what any recruits in the stands might have thought...
                          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

• If recruits are swayed by a few boos that says more about them than us. Some of you act like it was a huge portion of fans involved.
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Would this even be an issue had Marshall not gone out of his way to make it an issue? I was at the game and really didn't remember hearing anything that 'shocked me' regarding booing. The more I think about it, the more I'm convinced that Marshall is just looking for a fight... not sure if it's to motivate or if he really just hated that article by Bob. Time to move on....

Comment

• You might be on to something kstarheel...

Would we even be talking about the 30 or so souls that booed last night if it wasn't brought up on the radio and at the press conference?

This thread wasn't created during the game when the boos occurred. It was created after it was broadcast all over.

It's being completely overblown IMO. Concentrate on more important things.. like beating Evansville, and less time on the responses/frustration for losing/struggling with such teams.
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X