Hutchinson and Butler JuCo recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by pinstripers
    Jayhawk has always restricted the number of out of state guys; puts them at a big disadvantage to Three Rivers, Vincennes, the Texas schools, etc.
    A couple years ago one of the trustees at a Missouri juco was publicly lamenting the lack of local and in-state players because people just weren't wanting to come out and watch a juco team with no local player ties. The guy didn't present his issue very well (charges of racism, naturally), but his point was still valid.

Yes, Jayhawk conference teams could be better overall with more out-of-state players, but it's still a pretty good league and if you look at Hutch this year, they have nine KS kids and most of their best players are in-state (the Eck-factor, I'm sure): Joe Mitchell (Wichita), Dylan Frantz (Phillipsburg), Bruce Reed (Olathe), Garrius Holloman (Wichta), Leon Flowers (Wichita).

Hutch roster

Hutch stats

Comment

I thought back in the 80's or so there were no restrictions. It seems like Hutch was always playing for the NJCAA Championship back then. But I'm certainly not an expert on the Jayhawk Conference.
      In the fast lane

Comment

Even back then Hutch had local flavor. Todd Christian, Steve Fritz, Cody Walters, Paul Stallworth. And that's just the guys who went on to D1.

Comment

Originally posted by wufan
          We DO need a SG that can shoot, as was pointed out by Royal. I am hoping Hatch, Murry, and Kyles make strides in that category. They only need to hit one more out of every ten (maybe two) in order to be considered good 3 point shooters. Also, Richardson is said to be able to shoot, so hopefully he'll step up and contribute. In the end, a PG that can provide 25 minutes per game and be a floor general is what this team needs.
          Currently, we appear to be pretty limited to 3pt and post-up shots. A good penetrator can improve the 2pt short jumpers, dunk, and 3pt shooting of a team by drawing off defenders. It will also allow others to be better penetrators. Of course, it can get the other team in more foul trouble as well.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Jayhawk has always restricted the number of out of state guys; puts them at a big disadvantage to Three Rivers, Vincennes, the Texas schools, etc.
            A couple years ago one of the trustees at a Missouri juco was publicly lamenting the lack of local and in-state players because people just weren't wanting to come out and watch a juco team with no local player ties. The guy didn't present his issue very well (charges of racism, naturally), but his point was still valid.
            Yes, Jayhawk conference teams could be better overall with more out-of-state players, but it's still a pretty good league and if you look at Hutch this year, they have nine KS kids and most of their best players are in-state (the Eck-factor, I'm sure): Joe Mitchell (Wichita), Dylan Frantz (Phillipsburg), Bruce Reed (Olathe), Garrius Holloman (Wichta), Leon Flowers (Wichita).
            Wasn't he from Three Rivers?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockTalk
              Originally posted by RoyalShock
              Wasn't he from Three Rivers?
              That's what I was thinking as well
              Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
              RIP Guy Always A Shocker
              Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
              ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
              Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
              Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Working...
              X