Hutchinson and Butler JuCo recruiting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hutchinson and Butler JuCo recruiting

I went to a game between the two of these schools a week or so ago and I saw alot of quality talent. With both of these teams being in the top 25 NJCAA, my question is, are we actively recruiting any of their players? If we aren't, I know of at least one other MVC school that is; Jim Les was also at the game I was.
    KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
    Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

There are a handful of recruits that we have known interest in at Hutch and Butler. Cousins from BCCC and Goff from HCCC off the top of my head. Check the recruiting forum for more info.
    Livin the dream

Comment

Speaking of Hutch, will we ever see a recruit come to WSU from a Steve Eck coached team?

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
        Speaking of Hutch, will we ever see a recruit come to WSU from a Steve Eck coached team?
        Yes, maybe.

Coach Marshall will not cut off his nose to spite his face.

Coach Turgeon will cut off his nose to spite his face and he did.
        "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Watch it, guys. Little Thin-Skin Stevie has rabbit ears for this kind of talk and he might just call you at home and threaten to sue you for having negative thoughts about him, even if they are absolutely true.

Comment

i loved it back in the day, when he would call in radio shows...to rebut, refute,blah blah...GOOD coaches CAN'T do that.

Comment

Originally posted by ISASO
              Watch it, guys. Little Thin-Skin Stevie has rabbit ears for this kind of talk and he might just call you at home and threaten to sue you for having negative thoughts about him, even if they are absolutely true.
              Has anyone ever seen HCSE and Matty P in the same room together.....coincidence? I think not.

Comment

Can someone give me a brief rundown on the history between WSU and Hutch? Why the animosity?

Anyone know off the top of their heads some of the more successful JuCo transfers that we've pulled from either of these schools?
                KU fans are the most arrogant while KSU fans are the most delusional. ~BostonWu
                Criticizing this team is like criticizing one of Jerry's kids. ~DaShox

Comment

The animosity is towards Steve Eck, not Hutch. Jawanza Poland at Hutch is also being recruited by the Shockers. I've never given the Shockers much chance on Goff, but not because of Steve Eck. It appears Eck and Marshall get along very well.
                  In the fast lane

Comment

............uh, Richard Morsden from Hutch in the early 70's and Preston Carrington from BuCoJuco in the.........late 60's?

Comment

Terry Hankton and Ty Rhodes came to WSU with Randy Smithson. Both very solid players.

Comment

The last two Hutch signings never made it to campus.

Chris Cameron (6'5" SF/SG) signed in Smithson's last year. He was released from his LOI when Turgeon came on.

Sasha Mijajlovic (6'10" C) went back to Europe for the summer and never came back to the states. IIRC, he was signed to replace Troy Mack in the lineup back in 2001.

Comment

Lutz and Turtle talking about lutz writing an article and says he needs to talk to HCGM...because his question is ...is there a scenario that HCGM sees that he doesent look for a JUCO PG.....what is he nuts...DW is coming along but i think you have to for depth..
                          1/16/2010 on the "Screw at the Q" HCGM... " Ive never seen a foul parade like that...If you would of let me know it was going to be a foul parade I would of brought a different team" .... "dont talk to me about fouls....Ive got to go back and look at some tape... I have some thoughts but I need to look at the tape and then I will have something very strong to say"

Comment

Originally posted by WSUShokker
                            Lutz and Turtle talking about lutz writing an article and says he needs to talk to HCGM...because his question is ...is there a scenario that HCGM sees that he doesent look for a JUCO PG.....what is he nuts...DW is coming along but i think you have to for depth..
                            I'd say it's still possible they go for a FR PG. I think they'd prefer Carter at this point but we've had a couple HS guards in town recently so it's not out of the realm of possibility. Especially if he feels DWill can develop and take over next year. That'd give us 3 PGs and Toure if needed.

I still wouldn't mind seeing an athletic wing though...
                            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Marshall said on the Coaches show on Monday, that you have to have 3 PGs.
                              Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

Working...
                              X