2-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2-0

Well, 2-0 if they count the exhibitions.

they don't

Comment

Yeah, but there are some pretty high profile schools that couldn't get past the exhibition type competition.
      "When life hands you lemons, make lemonade." Better have some sugar and water too, or else your lemonade will suck!

Comment

Putting up 56 points needs to be improved on. Defense was better, but might need greater focus in the upcoming NC and Conf. games.

Comment

Originally posted by kssoak
          Putting up 56 points needs to be improved on. Defense was better, but might need greater focus in the upcoming NC and Conf. games.
          I think that offense suffers more than defense with all the different line-ups, but it definitely needs to get better. I think it will.

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker
            I think that offense suffers more than defense with all the different line-ups, but it definitely needs to get better. I think it will.
            I'm sure the offense will improve one the rotation is set and they get a few games under their belt, but they definitely have work to do, as is/was expected with a new coach and so many new players.

Still, Gal hitting 17, JT playing well, PT playing pretty well, some good things came out of tonight's game...
            Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

Originally posted by jocoshock
              Originally posted by McShocker
              I'm sure the offense will improve one the rotation is set and they get a few games under their belt, but they definitely have work to do, as is/was expected with a new coach and so many new players.

Still, Gal hitting 17, JT playing well, PT playing pretty well, some good things came out of tonight's game...
              Gal hitting 17 was terrific. However, his floor game was not. Looks like the debate about the starting point guard is over. I think Gal will be most effective at the 2.

Defense in the 1st half was crazy good.

Offense not yet gelling. I thought maybe we were a little impatient on offense. Forcing it a little too much. A little quick to take the trey.

Matt is really hustling.

The work on the boards tonight was also pretty impressive.

Once we get the offense going better we will be a tough out.

Can't wait for the SIU game. That is going to be a real war.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

I think we're going to see a very good defensive/team rebounding team. We may not put up the offensive numbers that some are hoping for, but our defense will get after it.

Comment

i will take defense over offense for the shocks. i dont think scoring will be an issue. im happy they held pitt to 10 the first half.
                  ________
                  HONDA GL650 HISTORY
                  http://youtube.com/watch?v=XTOEV6f7jB4

Comment

I trust Coach and if we put up 90 or 50 points and get a w, it's good

Comment

Hmmmm what team do we know in the Valley who seems to do well by concentrating on D? :posterwsu: :posterwu: :goshocks: :(
                      I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                        I think we're going to see a very good defensive/team rebounding team. We may not put up the offensive numbers that some are hoping for, but our defense will get after it.
                        I agree. Really, though, if we can protect the ball better we will be fine on offense. We are shooting a good percentage, but just aren't getting enough shots with all the turnovers.

The good thing is that if we can keep rebounding and playing D like we did in the first half, it will give us time for the offense to gel without picking up a bunch of loses.
                        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Shocks were completely focused on defense and rebounding the first half - I mean, it wasn't even close. I'm glad PS finally scored and pretty much played even ball with the Shocks the 2nd half. It gives us plenty of things to work on.

I will agree with most on SN that the offense looks a bit, out of sync, I guess. The first half wasn't all that bad, but they were pressing a few shots and layups rather than just shooting them. 2nd half, there were so many different lineups I didn't see any way the offense was going to click.

After 2 exhibitions, I can see why Marshall prefers the closed scrimmage to an exhibition. They're actually working on things, which is a little refreshing. I just kind of got th eimpression from tonight (and the first exhibition) that Marshall really had no concern at all as to the final score, which is just weird. Comforting in a way, because he's really trying to teach something, but weird. I kind of felt like the Shocks didn't show us very much "team-wise", so I'm looking forward to the first game(s.)

I really enjoy the freedom and confidence Marshall has given the guys. Any past coaches would have been fuming at a guy like PT or JT shooting a 3 ball. Great to see WP hit an outside shot, we're going to need him.

The Shocks need a post presence something fierce. Great to see JT with the ball in the post. I don't recall him forcing anything offensively in the half court, which was great to see.

Comment

I was really impressed with Matt on defense. He did a great job denying the rock to the PG in the first half. On several possessions the player he was guarding never got the rock and it disrupted the offensive scheme.
                            Spoiler Alert: Bruce Willis was dead the whole time!

Comment

Gal's number 1---Gal's number 1. The Shocks were not allowing many 2nd shots tonight. At the 11 minute mark, Pitt scored their first 2 points and we had 11 points. Tough D the 1st half and our interior defense is looking better. JT looked pretty good tonight. PT, keep up the good work. PJ is the man. AE is a keeper. Mr. Clemente and MG are getting adjusted and will be nice additions. Hatch made some nice interior passes. This team will only get better
                              Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                              X