2-0

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by wu_shizzle
    You can see a little of it in Ellis, he's not bashful getting in his defender's face.
    I noticed that last night. He was guarding smaller players and had no problems getting down there and getting in thier face

Comment

Originally posted by Awesome Sauce Malone
      Originally posted by wu_shizzle
      You can see a little of it in Ellis, he's not bashful getting in his defender's face.
      I noticed that last night. He was guarding smaller players and had no problems getting down there and getting in thier face
      He made me think of the Michael Jordan "Wings" poster, only with way longer arms!
      That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

My impression of his Winthrop teams was that of entertaining basketball. Here's a look at Winthrop scores from last season:

at North Carolina L:66-73
        at Mississippi St W:74-63
        at Maryland L:60-71
        at Wisconsin L:79-82
        at Texas A&M L:51-71
        at Missouri State W:77-66
        Notre Dame W:74-64
        Oregon L:61-75

Average score: 68-71

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
          My impression of his Winthrop teams was that of entertaining basketball. Here's a look at Winthrop scores from last season:

at North Carolina L:66-73
          at Mississippi St W:74-63
          at Maryland L:60-71
          at Wisconsin L:79-82
          at Texas A&M L:51-71
          at Missouri State W:77-66
          Notre Dame W:74-64
          Oregon L:61-75

Average score: 68-71
          Man, I would give anything to play that non-con schedule (of course, I'd prefer a couple to be at home though)

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
            Lining up that way on the block is also a high school rule, no? Sub, can you confirm?
            Nope. It was brought up at the rules meeting I attended a few weeks ago and KSHSAA has NO DESIRE to go there. As it is, the defensive team gets something like 80% of the rebounds on FTs. Moving it back is thought to increase that margin even more. The D should get the majority of misses, but it's already enough.

Womens college I believe changed to that style a few years ago. I'm not a fan.

Gals TOs last night were on him. In transition he makes good passes, more or less. When he's running the point he seems to get lazy and makes a lot of soft passes. Those were stolen a few times last night. His work at the SG was good though.
            Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
            RIP Guy Always A Shocker
            Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
            ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
            Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
            Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Hey subgod, I just saw the box score and noticed that Keith Norris and Jon Moore were 2 of the officials. Are those the guys that I think they are? If so, major props to them, they've both earned their way there

Comment

I don't know Jon Moore. But that was Keith. I've always liked Keith and think he does a pretty darn good job. And I thought he did well last night. If Moore was the younger guy with darker hair I wasn't completely sold on him. But still, he did a game I'm a long way from even dreaming about.
                RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yep, that had to be Jon, dark haired younger guy, I know he was at the mens national juco tournament, and the region VI tournament. He's actually pretty darn good himself. By the way sub, you're the first one that I've told, but I'm about 95% sure this will be my last year wearing the stripes for basketball.

Comment

Hangin' up the whistle eh? I wonder how long I'll be able to do it sometimes. Maybe a few surgeries will allow me to go longer than I think I'll be able to do. Time will tell over the next few years. How's the old line go? I'm too damn young to feel this damn old!
                    RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

And Jon may be a good ref. You can never, well, almost never judge someone by one game. Even officials have off games. He just made a couple of long distance calls. Three I think and all of them were in front of Keith. If I were Keith I would have kicked him in the head after the game. :D

But also the refs swallowed the whistles a bit in the 2nd half. Which I think lead to a few of the missed bunnies but also helped us rack up a nice rebound margin.
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

Yea, well I'll probably still call maybe some middle school and stuff, but my feet are pretty shot. obviously my weight isn't helping, but I have bone spurs that'll probably never heal, so I'm going more into the coaching aspect, actually, I'm trying to focus completely on coaching after my school year this year, see if that works

Comment

Working...
                        X