GW - 37 (6/31)
    UK - 29 (11/18)

Turnovers, Points off turnovers
    GW - 17, 18
    UK - 12, 14

Assists
    GW - 16
    UK - 8

Points in the Paint (Isn't this what separates the UKs from the GWs?)
    GW - 30
    UK - 22

Fast break points
    GW - 10
    UK - 2

That's a pretty thorough domination by GW.
    The first thing I looked for last night when i looked at the box was the three point shooting. Typically when a mid beats a big boy they shot the three point lights out. Not the case with GW. As Royal states, they just spanked Kentucky.
    Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

What's interesting is the first thing I looked at last night was the fact that a dominating basketball program lost to a bunch of scrubs, not the 3 point percentage. Throw out any stat you want, there's NO excuse for this to happen. And I know a lot of people will bust out the 'any given Sunday' routine but this isn't the elite level. The degree of talent separation between these two programs is immeasureable. If not the Lady Shocks ought to schedule UK next year for a confidence booster.

Comment

Originally posted by TriggerDawg
        What's interesting is the first thing I looked at last night was the fact that a dominating basketball program lost to a bunch of scrubs, not the 3 point percentage. Throw out any stat you want, there's NO excuse for this to happen. And I know a lot of people will bust out the 'any given Sunday' routine but this isn't the elite level. The degree of talent separation between these two programs is immeasureable. If not the Lady Shocks ought to schedule UK next year for a confidence booster.
        hey man, it happens. especially at the beginning of the years and especially with new coaches.

kentucky will move on a thrive (not just survive).

i've been a fan on GW for about a year now, and I know this is great for the tiny program it is. most people on Earth haven't heard of this school. now they know. hopefully they can put it to UCONN.
        veni, vidi, vici

Comment

Working...
        X