Garret Stutz

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Garret Stutz

Alright, who is bringing the posters to the game tonight... he is interested in the crowd, the coaches, and the game. it wouldn't hurt to have a "welcome to wichita Garrett" or something like it....

"We want Stutz"

Make it happen...
    "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
    -John Wooden

Comment

I know the crowd will be a good one, especially for an exhibition, but it won't be near as rowdy as it will during the regular season for LSU, Wyoming, the Valley..etc. Is there anyway the Wonderboys could come out in SIU uniforms? Just afraid that the crowd may be a little "ho-hum" after the first few mins and won't show the true colors.
      "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfan
        I know the crowd will be a good one, especially for an exhibition, but it won't be near as rowdy as it will during the regular season for LSU, Wyoming, the Valley..etc. Is there anyway the Wonderboys could come out in SIU uniforms? Just afraid that the crowd may be a little "ho-hum" after the first few mins and won't show the true colors.
        I'm afraid you might be right but the only way to reverse that if for everyone there to do their personal best to be as loud as possible. Sometimes enthusiasm is contagious.
        The fact that man is master of his actions is due to his being able to deliberate about them.-- Thomas Aquinas

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
          I'm afraid you might be right but the only way to reverse that if for everyone there to do their personal best to be as loud as possible. Sometimes enthusiasm is contagious.
          Agreed I'll do what I can. The group around me is usually pretty decent anyway. I really feel alot of it will depend on how rowdy the students are too, they usually get the crowd going pretty decent.
          "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

There is so much pent-up demand to see this team and this coach, I expect to leave without a voice tonight. I even thought last night at the V-ball game I better pace myself and leave a little in the tank for tonight.

If you aren't on your feet screaming your head off, you have no appreciation for what this team and this coach has been through the last 7-8 months.
            "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
            -John Wooden

Comment

I wish he had attended the VB match last night. I think the sound level on the court last night was greater than what will be the sound level tonight.
              Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
              Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Even if the atmosphere isn't up to regular-season standards, I'm sure the players (MB, Cooz, PT) will put it into perspective for him.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                  I wish he had attended the VB match last night. I think the sound level on the court last night was greater than what will be the sound level tonight.
                  Don't be silly. It won't even be close. There were some nice rounds of applause and cheering last night but certainly no roars like you will hear tonight. Just not enough people... Plus, a volleyball crowd is a lot different than a basketball crowd. There were times when I gave a big cheer and people around me were like.. ummm....

T

...8)

Comment

How many seats could go empty because of corp tickets?
                    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
                      How many seats could go empty because of corp tickets?
                      way too many

Comment

A LOT of empty seats tonight. Many of them up higher....
                        Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                        RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                        Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                        ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                        Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                        Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
                          Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
                          Don't be silly. It won't even be close. There were some nice rounds of applause and cheering last night but certainly no roars like you will hear tonight. Just not enough people... Plus, a volleyball crowd is a lot different than a basketball crowd. There were times when I gave a big cheer and people around me were like.. ummm....

T

...8)

Hate to tell you Cold but the crowd last night was better, and louder.

Comment

He liked the signs :yahoo:

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
                              Hate to tell you Cold but the crowd last night was better, and louder.
                              I agree. However, last night's match was in doubt for most of the 2.5 hours and was a very significant match. I'm just thrilled that Cold was actually there.

Tonight's game was really never in doubt IMHO. The only question was how many the Shocks would win by.

Completed my Shocker Trifecta tonight.

Volleyball was best of the three events by far. Both of the Exhibition Games were relatively mundane affairs. However, it was interesting to see the new systems and new players.

I'm not really concerned about the atmosphere at the Men's Basketball games when it really counts and is really important.

Comment

Working...
                              X