Pitt fans give us some respect.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pitt fans give us some respect.

I hate these guys, to damn knowledgeable! :D :posterwsu: 8)
    I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

their Scared :D :wsu_posters:
    Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

What's the address for the Iowa board?

I would consider Wichita St. a much better bball program then Iowa...I wouldn't have considered them an easy win against even the best of Pitt teams. They are solid...it would actually be a very very good win.

Comment

Pitt is not as good of a squad as they have been in the last few years. We have a decent chance to beat them, although it will be a lot tougher without Clevin. He would have helped a lot. No doubt in my mind that if we don't beat either Pitt or Iowa next week, it will be a dissapointing trip. Now if we beat Pitt and have to play Texas, I'm not looking forward to that matchup

Comment

Did anybody see the Texas v. UC-Irvine game the other night? They beat them by like 50. Texas is very, very good this year. They will give KU all they want in the Bix XII, that is for sure. I would like to see the Shockers get a shot at Texas, though, just to see where we measure up against an elete team at this point.

Comment

Originally posted by shockerfanmas
            Pitt is not as good of a squad as they have been in the last few years. We have a decent chance to beat them, although it will be a lot tougher without Clevin. He would have helped a lot. No doubt in my mind that if we don't beat either Pitt or Iowa next week, it will be a dissapointing trip. Now if we beat Pitt and have to play Texas, I'm not looking forward to that matchup
            Pitt is certainly more vulnerable this year than in past years (and more vulnerable than they will be later in the year once they get healthy and experienced).

I am absolutely looking forward to matching up with Texas, even if it means losing big. Getting to play at top 3 team would be a great experience for our guys and would help us a lot down the road, much like playing Michigan State our Sweet Sixteen year.
            "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

How could you not look forward to playing a Top 3 team in the country on a neutral court? I'm sure about 300 other teams would love to be in that position.

Dense.
              Deuces Valley.
              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Has anyone actually seen Pitt play? They may not be firing on all cylinders right now, but the talent is there and the physical ability is there, regardless of their close game against Wofford.

Our hands will be full, whether Clevin was going to play or not. If we can out coach them (quite possibly, with a different goal set in mind) then I think we have a good shot at a win. If we don't outcoach them, then we're in big trouble. It's not that I question Gregg (I absolutely do not) but Jamie Dixon is a very good coach. Anyone outcoaching him would be a little surprising to me.

And without sounding BCSish, playing Iowa does NOTHING for us. It is a lose-lose game. We need to play UT. Frankly, Pitt NEEDS to destroy Iowa, so I hope the refs are pickin' up what I'm puttin' down.

Comment

Btw, too & they're. :D

Comment

"Pitt sucks" according to shockerfan.

Whose word should I take, Doc's or shockerfan's?
                    Deuces Valley.
                    ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Jermaine Dixon will miss Pitt's next two games (Binghamton and Eastern Kentucky). He may be back for their game with us.

Comment

I think that Pitt will be too physical for us. It will be good experience, but the east coat style of play will be a little too much to handle, especially for GS and the freshman.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
                          How could you not look forward to playing a Top 3 team in the country on a neutral court? I'm sure about 300 other teams would love to be in that position.

Dense.
                          I seem to remember a pretty good game against a team that played for the national title last year.

I'm excitied for our program that we have optimism againsta quality programlike Pitt.

I guess my expectations for WSU's basketball program are to contend in the MVC. be a frequent visitor in the top 25. And I sure liked the excitement of '06. I can't see how that would get old.
                          Phi Alpha

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever

Dense.

No s___. That is why the kids play. At least why winners play. Bring on the best, if we get whipped, at least we know where we need to be.

Beating the snot out of Alcorn State is ok once (experience, ability to look at different options etc), but 5-7 times a year is 4-6 too many times a year.

Many of you will tire of me saying this about our schedule for the next few years. Please accept my apologies now for the future repititious rants. I'm sorry, but I'm going to do it anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22
                              I think that Pitt will be too physical for us. It will be good experience, but the east coat style of play will be a little too much to handle, especially for GS and the freshman.
                              I really disagree with respect. When WSU handled Syracuse and LSU a few years back, both of those teams were more physical than us. Last year we went toe-to-toe with Georgetown and held our own--with less experience than this year, plus the returners are stronger and bigger than last year.

I agree with Doc, we need to have a solid game plan and make sure the players are very acquainted with it. The plan should be extremely carefully put together to accentuate our strengths and exploit their weaknesses. I think the team that wins that game is the one who has the best plan and of course executes it accurately (but I guess that's the case with any matchup).

I think our team is pretty physical--look at the Pitt message board comments. One guy watched our FDU game and thought we looked big and physical, which we are. At least, I think we are strong enough to hold our own. You're right about the freshmen, but I don't see freshmen playing near as many minutes as they did Sunday or as they will tomorrow night. Some, but not a big role. Garrett will probably play some though.

Comment

Working...
                              X