Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard the people sitting behind me at the basketball game talking about how his friends had told him that they went to the volleyball game and were impressed by what they saw. Sounded like them might be coming next weekend. Word of mouth is still the best advertising.

Comment

I went to several matches this season. And I certainly had my radio with me when they were on the road.

I sat through several HS football games this year, listening to VB road matches at the same time. It seemed like the 3 week wait was interminable from late September until October 19 when they finally returned home.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
        You guys can give me crap about this comment if you want, but I came away feeling like WSU was not the best team tonight, sans the first game. But they did just enough at the the right times to win.

MSU's blocking and digging were just so much better from game 2 on that I'm still scratching my head that the gals pulled it out.

But a win is a win! We're up to 7th in attendance and will hopefully climb a spot or two in the AVCA.
        I do think that the fact that Sara was hurt played a role in the match. In addition, we didn't play smart and just gave away some points. For example, ST missed a service reception that just got over the net; Stephanie was watching her opposite opponent and missed a chance for an easy kill. Imagine a service reception for a kill. Several "not-playing-smart" plays occurred in the second and third games.
        Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
        Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Don't believe you can attack or block a serve in college volleyball.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
            Don't believe you can attack or block a serve in college volleyball.
            WSU served, MSU (Libero ??) received serve and the ball floated just over the net for a MSU "kill" right beside ST. All Stephanie needed to do was reach out and block or smash the ball onto the floor on the MSU side. Stephanie was so intent on watching the MSU player opposite her that she didn't even look at the ball. (Yes, I was close enough to the floor to see all this; I saw the MSU service reception and then watched ST, expecting her to win a point for us.)
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

ok, just reading the first post it sounds like you meant that she didn't attack for a serve reception, thanks for clearing it up? Just out of curiosity, since I know you mentioned playing flag football, are you playing volleyball? If you do, I think I might have played you last monday.

Comment

Originally posted by dregn
                ok, just reading the first post it sounds like you meant that she didn't attack for a serve reception, thanks for clearing it up? Just out of curiosity, since I know you mentioned playing flag football, are you playing volleyball? If you do, I think I might have played you last monday.
                If you won, you probably played us. We have a Men's team and CoRec team. "We" actually have 3 men's teams and one co-rec team. I'm not saying we are good but we get exercise and have fun. So far this year, we have had soccer teams, flag football teams and VB teams. (There is a former D1 VB player from a very good team who is a graduate student here; she considered joining our team but ended up being too busy. :cry: :lol: )

Comment

Great win for the Shox. It was a fun match to watch. I'm always happy when I get to see Panzau for a full two hours, especially when the Shox get the win. :D

Comment

Isn't there a volleyball forum now?

j/k :goshocks:

Comment

With the match now in the past, it's probably a good idea to move the discussion back to the VB forum.

Comment

Working...
                      X