Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL ... ROFL ... I can just see all the fans in bright colored spandex outfits, what a wild game ....

Comment

MBB fans - the ticket seller at Koch guessed that about 5000 fans would come to the volleyball match tonight. This is fewer than the 6024 that came to the KSU match. WSU fans can do better than this!! Take off one evening and come to a VB match. Tonight!!!! :D
      Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
        MBB fans - the ticket seller at Koch guessed that about 5000 fans would come to the volleyball match tonight. This is fewer than the 6024 that came to the KSU match. WSU fans can do better than this!! Take off one evening and come to a VB match. Tonight!!!! :D
        I will second that motion. :good:

I am going for the Shocker Trifecta this week. I attended the Women's BB exhibition game last night. I will be at the VB match tonight and at the Shocker Men's BB exhibition game Saturday evening.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:

Comment

Originally posted by 1972Shocker
          Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          I will second that motion. :good:

I am going for the Shocker Trifecta this week. I attended the Women's BB exhibition game last night. I will be at the VB match tonight and at the Shocker Men's BB exhibition game Saturday evening.

:posterwu: :goshocks: :posterwsu:
          you're on a roll! an inspiration to us all!
          veni, vidi, vici

Comment

If you missed the volleyball match, you missed the match of the year. 6122 screaming fans, an outstanding MSU team and a Shocker come-from-behind victory!! Standing ovations, screams, prizes, a yellow card (on the MSU coach) and a WWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW.
            :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:
            Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
            Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

:goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks: :goshocks:

I feel sorry for you if you missed it

Comment

Have to agree. Great, great match! :D

There was one particular player for MSU which was killing the Shocks on service, but she tired near the end of the game. I don't think she came out the entire match.

When the Shocks were down early in the final game, I told my son, if we can get 3 points and tie this thing we're going to win - and we did.

They showed all the heart of the Valley Champion(s) tonight. :goshocks: :D

Comment

Originally posted by JVShocker
                  Have to agree. Great, great match! :D

There was one particular player for MSU which was killing the Shocks on service, but she tired near the end of the game. I don't think she came out the entire match.

When the Shocks were down early in the final game, I told my son, if we can get 3 points and tie this thing we're going to win - and we did.

They showed all the heart of the Valley Champion(s) tonight. :goshocks: :D
                  You are referring to Katelyn Panzau, MSU's All-MVC Senior Setter. Man, I am so glad that girl is a Senior. She almost single handedly carried MSU to the win.

Comment

I credit my "you look like you need a pillow hun" comment right before her service error as one of the keys to the match.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Kaitlyn was the best player on the floor, by far, this evening. The gal is simply dynamite.

I had no idea they gave yellow cards in a volleyball match. CLASSIC!!!!

Comment

You guys can give me crap about this comment if you want, but I came away feeling like WSU was not the best team tonight, sans the first game. But they did just enough at the the right times to win.

MSU's blocking and digging were just so much better from game 2 on that I'm still scratching my head that the gals pulled it out.

But a win is a win! We're up to 7th in attendance and will hopefully climb a spot or two in the AVCA.

Comment

Originally posted by RoyalShock
                        You guys can give me crap about this comment if you want, but I came away feeling like WSU was not the best team tonight, sans the first game. But they did just enough at the the right times to win.

MSU's blocking and digging were just so much better from game 2 on that I'm still scratching my head that the gals pulled it out.

But a win is a win! We're up to 7th in attendance and will hopefully climb a spot or two in the AVCA.
                        I had the same feeling Royal. But sometimes that is exactly what makes a very good team. Beating another good team when you don't have your best stuff.

Having 6,000 people in your corner encouraging you on doesn't hurt either.

Comment

Royal, I'm not about to give you crap but I'll add a couple of comments.

Katelyn's the best player in the league (by far) imho. She is an absolute difference maker and she was awesome, even by her standards, last night.

Sara was hurt and it absolutely showed. She could barely get off the ground. She was incredible and a great floor leader. She willed the Shox to victory.

Lambo was very complimentary of Abby and I agree she had a good game but Katelyn was so much better its not funny. I love Abby and I appreciate everything she has given to the Shocks especially considering her health. Hopefully MKH will step in and provide that next step we need to be a really elite team.

When you see us outman 10 teams in a row, sometimes as a fan you don't know how to react when someone punches back. Missouri State has talent, size, coaching and EXPERIENCE. They start 4 seniors and they know how to win and aren't intimidated by tough situations.

I didn't feel like MSU was the better team. I felt that they were fighting harder and were going to find a way until that moment in game 5 where their coach blew a gasket and got booked. I did think that MSU reacted and adjusted better than WSU. Whether that is experience, talent, a bad day or coaching I'll let someone else decide.

Often times a big crowd like last night puts the home team on edge. They get excited about playing in front of that many people and have trouble keeping their focus. Most of the big crowds in the last few years have witnessed some of the ladies worst performances. The pressure to do your best can get to you. I think that happened (to some extent) again last night.

Games 4 and 5 were the first time since I have been watching Shocker Volleyball that I saw our team fight through adversity and overcome a really, really good team.

AND IT WAS A BLAST!!!!!!!!

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

PS As much as I look foward to seeing her play more next year, I could watch Sara McGee have fun at the end of the bench for the rest of my life and never complain.

:wsu_posters:

Comment

Sarah is fun to watch down there at the end of the bench, she is kind of a goofball, and she is pretty darn good looking too.

We won last night but we were not the best team most of the night. If we lost that match it would have been because of the service game. That was a real weakness both defensively and offensively last night.

Comment

Ok, this is my first post, so nice to meet everyone...and not sure if you guys realized it or not, but we were down 5-8 in the fifth game, and won 15-10. A 10-2 run, and all this was WITHOUT Kelly out on the floor, if we can do that without one of our best players on the floor, that is nothing but good news to me.

Comment

Posting a bit late on this, but I thought that the crowd was well behaved, but loud when it had to be. I wish Woodward was doing the PA coverage, not that the guy on Friday was bad or anything. But Ted injects a lot more enthusiasm in his calls.

I wanted to get in MSU Coach Stokes' face when she was doing her little finger-pointing rant with the official. That got my juices going pretty good.

Comment

Working...
                                X