Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
    stutz
    Maybe, but at 5.5 pts and 4.2 rbs per game in the D-League, he is unlikely to get serious looks for this coming year. If he can keep developing he may have a shot in the future, but he will need to be more dominant at the D-League level first.
    "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
      Maybe, but at 5.5 pts and 4.2 rbs per game in the D-League, he is unlikely to get serious looks for this coming year. If he can keep developing he may have a shot in the future, but he will need to be more dominant at the D-League level first.
      Well I thought we were just listing out prospects. Realistically it appears Ragland also has a long hill to climb to make it to the NBA. He's not starting for his club (though he did just switch clubs). Not sure why though, his stats are better than the starting PG's and their starting SG. And he appears to be getting more minutes than their starting PG. Hmm, maybe the site I am looking at that lists starters is just out of date. Regardless, if he's not getting the spotlight, how will he get scouted?
      Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
        Well I thought we were just listing out prospects. Realistically it appears Ragland also has a long hill to climb to make it to the NBA. He's not starting for his club (though he did just switch clubs). Not sure why though, his stats are better than the starting PG's and their starting SG. And he appears to be getting more minutes than their starting PG. Hmm, maybe the site I am looking at that lists starters is just out of date. Regardless, if he's not getting the spotlight, how will he get scouted?
        As I understand it, Joe spent most of the season playing for UCAM Murcia in the top Spanish league, where he was 1st in 3 pt %, 2nd in assists per game, and 3rd in points per game. He was good enough that Cantu of the top Italian league took him on loan from Murcia for the playoffs where they lost in 7 in the semifinals. I don't have playoff only stats, but overall, he ranked 1sts in assists and 4th in scoring on Cantu.

While Murcia still has an option on Joe, he apparently has an exit clause. I saw an article (in German) that said that Alba Berlin has interest in him.

Bekommt Alba seine zwei Neuen? Der Pokalsieger ist an Power Forward Maarty Leunen (27) und Pointguard Joe Ragland (23) interessiert. Zusammen gingen beid...

In any case, Joe certainly seems to be attracting plenty of attention for his services within Europe, but we will see if/when that translates to interest from the NBA.
        "Cotton scared me - I left him alone." - B4MSU (Bear Nation poster) in reference to heckling players

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Hatter View Post
          As I understand it, Joe spent most of the season playing for UCAM Murcia in the top Spanish league, where he was 1st in 3 pt %, 2nd in assists per game, and 3rd in points per game. He was good enough that Cantu of the top Italian league took him on loan from Murcia for the playoffs where they lost in 7 in the semifinals. I don't have playoff only stats, but overall, he ranked 1sts in assists and 4th in scoring on Cantu.

While Murcia still has an option on Joe, he apparently has an exit clause. I saw an article (in German) that said that Alba Berlin has interest in him.

Bekommt Alba seine zwei Neuen? Der Pokalsieger ist an Power Forward Maarty Leunen (27) und Pointguard Joe Ragland (23) interessiert. Zusammen gingen beid...

In any case, Joe certainly seems to be attracting plenty of attention for his services within Europe, but we will see if/when that translates to interest from the NBA.
          Nice!
          Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Last edited by Guest; August 10, 2013, 05:15 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by GoShockers89 View Post
              Didn't really think it was worth a new thread, but this a really cool list of former Shockers playing professionally (mostly in Europe) along with their last year on an active roster. You can click their names to see stats, etc.

Wichita State University basketball, scores, news, schedule, roster, players, stats, rumors, details and more on usbasket.com

Some of them need to be updated but it seems accurate for the most part.

ETA: link seems to be inaccessible when clicked from a message board to prevent hypertraffic. Will try to figure out a way to fix it when I get home.

ETAx2: you can reach it by typing in the three number code it provides to make sure you a human and not a spambot.
              Evan Wessel graduated in 2012???
              "I not sure that I've ever been around a more competitive player or young man than Fred VanVleet. I like to win more than 99.9% of the people in this world, but he may top me." -- Gregg Marshall 12/23/13 :peaceful:
              ---------------------------------------
              Remember when Nancy Pelosi said about Obamacare:
              "We have to pass it, to find out what's in it".

A physician called into a radio show and said:
              "That's the definition of a stool sample."

Comment

And so it begins. First Mekel, then Murry, then Early, then Ragland, Armstead or Garrett Stilts... *Ahem* Stutz.

EO in 2016ish...

I wonder how many favorite teams I'm about to start having.

Comment

Gal has certainly worked hard and done well over the last few years. I had not realized so few from Israel had been in the nba. He must be quite a special player. It's too bad I haven't been able to watch him the last 5 years.

Guess I will now.

Comment

Originally posted by im4wsu View Post
                    Evan Wessel graduated in 2012???
                    I always thought he seemed smart and tough, but to graduate college in one year is amazing :)

Comment

Dumb question:

Does the fact that Gal is being signed by the Mavericks to a league minimum contract mean that he will actually be on the Mavericks roster and not just affiliated with them? As in he will be playing and probably not immediately be sent to D-league or something like many seem to be?

I feel like I always hear of free agent signings where they just go straight to D-league or don't ever actually crack the team roster.

Comment

The Dallas Mavericks received word Monday morning from Israeli point guard Gal Mekel that he is committing to sign a multiyear guaranteed contract for the league minimum, sources told ESPN.com

Just linking the story of Gal signing with Dallas here so that it will be part of the thread that is actually about Gal.

Comment

Originally posted by DJ06Shocker View Post
                          Dumb question:

Does the fact that Gal is being signed by the Mavericks to a league minimum contract mean that he will actually be on the Mavericks roster and not just affiliated with them? As in he will be playing and probably not immediately be sent to D-league or something like many seem to be?

I feel like I always hear of free agent signings where they just go straight to D-league or don't ever actually crack the team roster.
                          I would bet on him starting in the DLeague.

Comment

Did Gal ever fulfill his commitment to the Israeli military?
                            Professional gas passer.

Comment

Hatter, I'm with you. I've been spending the whole day trying to bump this one for the same reason.

Can we please bury the other one, or at least change it to "The Official Gal Mekel Meltdown Thread"

I was nothing but excited about the news, and then I got on here and learned more about drama than about Gal Mekel. I just want to run around giving high fives on Shockernet when we get news like this. Hey, I used to call Paul Miller "Female athlete of the year" because he had good stats but played soft at times. I absolutely loved the guy, though. Just because people used to groan about things Gal did when he was 17 years old doesn't mean anything today...and it definitely doesnt mean people don't support him now or need to eat crow. I believe I complained about some of our players this year as well, and they will be a team remembered forever. Most of the time, dogging on a guy on Shockernet has more to do with us knowing he isn't playing to his own potential, not that we think he sucks or something.

Comment

He's playing in the Mavs summer league team, right?

Will we be lucky enough to see him go up against Toure on the Knicks?
                                Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                                Students > Alumni
                                If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                                The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Working...
                                X