Gal Mekel doing well

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gal Mekel doing well

Gal is the leading candidate to start at point for the Israeli National Team in the upcoming European Championships. (Meir Tapiro is HISTORY, yo!)

Breaking news about Satellite from The Jerusalem Post. Read the latest updates on Satellite including articles, videos, opinions and more.
    “The rebellion on the populist right against the results of the 2020 election was partly a cynical, knowing effort by political operators and their hype men in the media to steal an election or at least get rich trying. But it was also the tragic consequence of the informational malnourishment so badly afflicting the nation. ... Americans gorge themselves daily on empty informational calories, indulging their sugar fixes of self-affirming half-truths and even outright lies.'

― Chris Stirewalt

I am glad he is doing well. He must have 'come into his game' some over there.

Comment

Thanks for sharing WUzee.
      “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

Looks like he's racking up the electronics...

/Bad pun, I know.
        "Don't measure yourself by what you have accomplished, but by what you should accomplish with your ability."
        -John Wooden

Comment

Interesting posts on Twitter today, will we be seeing Gal in the NBA soon?

Marc Stein ‏@ESPNSteinLine 1h
          NBA prospect Gal Mekel keeps boosting stock. Just led Brad Greenberg-coached @MaccabiHaifa to Israeli title game v @MaccabiElectra Tel Aviv

After Thursday's title game, I'm told Mekel -- Israel's national team PG -- will come to States to audition for Bucks & other NBA teams

Mekel is PG w/size & pick-and-roll skill who previously drew interest from Utah Jazz. Legit shot to join @Casspi18 as only Israelis in NBA

Comment

Amazingly, WSU's Final Four run will add instant legitimacy to his college days in the US (for those not digging any deeper than "where'd he play in college").

So who's gonna go NBA first? Toure or Mekel?
            Kung Wu say, man who read woman like book, prefer braille!

Comment

Personally, I'd love to see Gal in the NBA. I'd watch for sure. Just hope his father is letting him make his own decisions now.

If the NBA is a legit option now, I assume he's taken at least 3 seconds off his jump shot release?

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu View Post
                Personally, I'd love to see Gal in the NBA. I'd watch for sure. Just hope his father is letting him make his own decisions now.

If the NBA is a legit option now, I assume he's taken at least 3 seconds off his jump shot release?
                Dunno about the release time, but I bet he can dribble it across the halfway line in under 10 seconds now.

Comment

Jake Odum reminds me of Mekel. Goofy, slow, unreliable 3pt shot. Crafty handles. Penchant for driving under the basket, flying out of bounds and praying to find an open 3pt shooter before landing.
                  Last edited by Cdizzle; June 10, 2013, 03:57 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kung Wu View Post
                    Dunno about the release time, but I bet he can dribble it across the halfway line in under 10 seconds now.
                    If you ever get the chance to ask HCGM to do his best Gal Makel impression, take it. It's AWESOME.

Comment

Mekel is PG w/size & pick-and-roll skill
                      Some things are more valued than others in the NBA.

Comment

Originally posted by Cdizzle View Post
                        Penchant for driving under the basket, flying out of bounds and praying to find an open 3pt shooter before landing.
                        Wait I thought you said Jake Odum, not Randy Burns.

Comment

There seems to be a lot of disdain for Gal in this thread.

Yes, he has his flaws, and he'd admit them. But still (as far as I know) he represented WSU and the City very well.
                          The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

Doug Gottlieb ‏@GottliebShow 3h
                            @ESPNSteinLine crazy cause he wasn't very good at Wichita State, has been excellent in Israel
                            The mountains are calling, and I must go.

Comment

I loved Gal! However, he came with a lot of hype, and being who he was, he did things a little different at WSU than the traditional state side PG. If you're going to go against status quo, you have to have results that are far better than status quo or you will get ridiculed. Gal's game wasn't ready for NCAA hoops and WSU wasn't ready for Gal. Now that he's matured, his talent and work ethic is really starting to come thru.

Good luck Gal!

BTW, I think he makes the NBA before Toure and before Cle.
                              Livin the dream

Comment

Working...
                              X