No announcement yet.

Television schedule

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yet programs like Cincinatti, during their down years, will ride the coattails of their conference and be beneficiaries of the wealth attained from getting 5-7 teams into the tournament.

Hardly seems right.

Comment

Originally posted by fuball7
      Until the seats are completely filled every game i dont think we need to televise every game. This season has been a little disappointing in home attendance. If we fill the house for a couple years in a row then i could see televising every home game.
      I'm not saying televise every game. Just put them on a non-Cox Cable channel. As in KWCH or KAKE or something like that.

It might not be filled, but is sold-out. That is all it takes to get a blackout lifted. And those empty seats are typically corporate seats that go unused.

Comment

Someone had told me once that it costs around $20,000 to televise a game.

Comment

Originally posted by RUShock75
          Someone had told me once that it costs around $20,000 to televise a game.
          Ya, do you wanna know how much they make off televising a game?
          Deuces Valley.
          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I wonder what WSU's cut is on a game since Cox has hired Metro Sports out of KC to produce the games.

Comment

I was just flipping through the channels and low and behold the LSU game is being replayed right now on COX 22.

It is currently half time and Bruce H is interviewing the Women's BB coach.

Comment

Originally posted by vbird53
                the last two years there have been games where the seats werent filled. cant give examples off the top of my head but i know there were. I know as soon as things went bad last year people got dis-interested.
                Look around the country. This is a problem not specific to Wichita.

I watched a piece of last night's Memphis @ Cincinnati game. The building had to be less than half full. Could you imagine if Wichita State had a top 5 team playing at our place? I'd bet you one million dollars that you couldn't find a an unused ticket in this town.
                Here's a Tulsa World columist begging Hurricane fans to return.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonWu
                  Originally posted by vbird53
                  the last two years there have been games where the seats werent filled. cant give examples off the top of my head but i know there were. I know as soon as things went bad last year people got dis-interested.
                  Look around the country. This is a problem not specific to Wichita.

I watched a piece of last night's Memphis @ Cincinnati game. The building had to be less than half full. Could you imagine if Wichita State had a top 5 team playing at our place? I'd bet you one million dollars that you couldn't find a an unused ticket in this town.
                  Here's a Tulsa World columist begging Hurricane fans to return.

http://www.tulsaworld.com/sports/col..._B1_spanc32254
                  I would love to see the revival of the Tulsa/WSU rivalry. Everything seems right with the world when these two are playing good basketball.

Comment

Working...
                  X