No announcement yet.

Shocker Madness

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I know we are not supposed to get excited about walkons but that is the one guy who impressed me. I was curious to watch him play because many of the Juco's coaches were saying he was the best in state player that nobody knew about. As usual the Juco's went at him hard but he didn't care he always said he wanted be a shocker!!! So the Juco's gave up on him for a while cause Turgeon wanted him to walk on. After Turgeon left they thought it was thier chance and all started recruiting him again I am close to some Juco coaches and more than one said he would be a one year Juco player D1's would pick him up once the saw how good he was. I guess he played for a small christian school and flew under the radar. But GM and staff did thier homework and found out he is worthwhile. Whether he plays or not he is to our advantage great academically, solid person and player.

Comment

• Originally posted by J&J-Ryan
      Originally posted by WuDrWu
      You won't get the chance. Ellis is going to redshirt right after I do.
      Ladies and gentlemen....our final recruit!

Was I the only one who was impressed with how poised Michaels was? He made 2 or 3 heads up plays. Out of everyone, I was most impressed with him.

My verbal was given years ago, unfortunately Gene and Eddie did not listen.

You are not alone Ryan. I also was pleasantly surprised with Bret. He did not look overmatched nor intimidated. I'm not saying he will be All-Valley......but we certainly have had worse walkons.....I wish I had seen the kid play at Sunrise. I watched Lindley a few times....I would like to have been able to compare the 2.

Comment

• Originally posted by shockpower10
        I know we are not supposed to get excited about walkons but that is the one guy who impressed me. I was curious to watch him play because many of the Juco's coaches were saying he was the best in state player that nobody knew about. As usual the Juco's went at him hard but he didn't care he always said he wanted be a shocker!!! So the Juco's gave up on him for a while cause Turgeon wanted him to walk on. After Turgeon left they thought it was thier chance and all started recruiting him again I am close to some Juco coaches and more than one said he would be a one year Juco player D1's would pick him up once the saw how good he was. I guess he played for a small christian school and flew under the radar. But GM and staff did thier homework and found out he is worthwhile. Whether he plays or not he is to our advantage great academically, solid person and player.

And that, my friend, is what makes them even more valuable. You can never have enough quality people.

:wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:

Comment

• Lindley was overrated.
          Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
          RIP Guy Always A Shocker
          Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
          ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
          Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
          Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Anybody know when the medias predictions and 1st and 2nd team will come out?
            Follow me on twitter: https://twitter.com/Shox_KCfan

Comment

• I saw Lindley play and let me tell you their is no comparrison Lindley billed himslef as D1 nobody else did. B Michaels is the real deal. As a matter of fact Lindley may be the reason that Bret was under recruited Lindley was highly touted but it was really smoke and mirrors. BM is the opposite. I understand that major changes were made at the school he attended between Lindley's time and Bret's. Coaches, schedule, so on.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
                Originally posted by shocker22
                Who redshirts?

We have a sixteen man roster with orupke and Hawkins. RS canidates =

Hatch
                Michaels
                Burley
                Ellis

Could we redshirt Butler twicw? j/k
                Not sure you are serious, but the answer is no on Butler.
                j/k means just kidding.

Comment

Working...
                X