Let's have a game thread SIU vs WSU!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by forevershockerfan
    Here's the deal KC Shox---Before the Season started, you picked us 6th your own self. However, after we started losing--you bailed to 7th, and then 8th? Does that mean your hindsight is better than the real world? Yikes!!!
    Don't get on my case, I don't have a problem with your prediction. Unless of course you continue to believe we will finish 4th. Then I would have to say you need to quit smoking crack. :D

Also, I'm not bragging that I think we will finish 8th. Yes, I thought we would be at least 6th, but it is apparent we are not that good. I think 8th is realistic now. It's still a prediction because we have 10+ conference games left. At season's end however, you will not see me saying, "I told you so", if we do finish 8th.

My 8th place finish is just a forecast based on what I'm seeing. Just like the weather guy, his forecast changes from one day to another. But in my case, I'm givng the 15 day extended outlook so-to-speak.

Comment

• Sorry DUShock.

We're a Top 4 team!

Can't wait til Sunday!
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Sorry DUShock.

We're a Top 4 team!

Can't wait til Sunday!
        it has nothing to do with game assessments or if our beloved Shocks are #1 or #10 in the Valley, it's about personal insults, sneers, and retorts. Please refrain. You can say the Shocks are the best in the Valley or cellar dwellers whichever you choose.
        “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

• No Problem KC Shox. Let's just hope these young Shocks can turn this around and sustain some winning streaks and we will all be happy.
          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

• The last two games I have been impressed with the opposing teams point guard play. SIU and UNI will be force for the next three years.

Comment

• Mullins indeed played like a vetern Senior and provided impressive leadership. Why does it seem like he has been playing for SIU for 6 years? While Mullins still pushes off with his off hand when dribbling, he seems to have improved his shooting touch and had a solid game tonight.

Comment

• Also, I'm not bragging that I think we will finish 8th. Yes, I thought we would be at least 6th, but it is apparent we are not that good. I think 8th is realistic now. It's still a prediction because we have 10+ conference games left. At season's end however, you will not see me saying, "I told you so", if we do finish 8th.
                I'm usually fairly optimistic, but this time KC Shox seems more optimisitc than me. I'm having trouble seeing how WSU finishes 8th this year.

The losses are mounting and the way some of the losses are occurring isn't encouraging. I'm starting to wonder if this team can match last year's 4 Valley wins.

I thought small guards were supposed to be quick and that's how they got to D1.

I would say this isn't a very good team, but that would be a lie. This isn't a team. Maybe they'll get it together further into the season, but I don't see the Shox playing a lot of "team" ball, or having faith and confidence in each other.

I hate to say it, but this team is reminding me of some of Scott Thompson's teams. This team is young and I'll give them a chance to mature, but this year, they're not likely to break the top 200.
                The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• I'm glad I haven't seen too many comments about the officiating. From where I was sitting it was bad both ways. Calls and no calls on both sides that actually made me laugh.

I don't know what to say about this team. I still believe the talent is there but for some reason they just can't put it together. Things will get better, but it appears it's going to take longer than we thought.

Our starters pretty much sucked tonight. It's sad when the bench out scores them...

I say we start Murry, Kyles, Hatch, Griskenas and Durley against Drake. I don't care how that looks on paper right now, those guys gave good effort and were in during our best stretch I believe.

After games like tonight and against UNI, I almost wish I was a drinker...
                  Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
                  RIP Guy Always A Shocker
                  Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
                  ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
                  Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
                  Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

• Officiating sucked. Not so much uneven as just bad.

Comment

• Originally posted by pinstripers
                      Officiating sucked. Not so much uneven as just bad.
                      :yes:
                      RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• The stat line tells the story of this game

3 Point % SIU: 80%; WSU 35%

Foul shots % SIU: 90%; WSU 60%

Points in the paint: SIU: 26; WSU: 16

Rebounds SIU: 31; WSU 21

and a ray of hope

Bench points SIU: 2; WSU: 33

I expect the starting lineup will look different for the next game.

Comment

• JT and Griskenas were bright spots tonight and could very well start next game.

Comment

• Right now the Shox MVP is wide open.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

• Originally posted by Aargh
                              Right now the Shox MVP is wide open.
                              I vote for the blonde behind the bench.
                              RIP Guy Always A Shocker

Comment

• Originally posted by SubGod22
                                Originally posted by Aargh
                                Right now the Shox MVP is wide open.
                                I vote for the blonde behind the bench.
                                :good: :good:
                                "You Just Want to Slap The #### Outta Some People"

Comment

Working...
                                X