X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 60Shock
    Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
    At a time when we have a significant recruit considering becoming a Shocker, perhaps some of you so called fans could curb the negativism.

If you've got to get the frustration out of your system, go out in your backyard and howl at the moon.
    "so called fans"? :lol:

You may be criticizing fans who care too much, not too little. :lol:
    I don't normally mind the negativism unless it is specifically and constantly directed at one player. I just think that now is a poor time to be displaying it. It should be rather obvious to anyone that recruits and their families read and post on shockernet. Bad mouthing the coach and players normally may not set a very good example.
    Go look at the SIU or Drake boards. Our "negativism" is so minor that it doesn't count. In addition, our "negativism" will turn around once the team plays well while fans of other schools often carry a grudge for years. ... You probably want examples. Right?

http://www.drakenation.com/Topic29168-8-1.aspx (How long before they delete this thread? :lol: )

http://www.salukitalk.net/st/viewtopic.php?t=25101 "according to sagarin, we are getting worse, dropping from 199 to 200 overnight. gardner-webb got their 2nd real win of the season to move ahead of us.
    gotta give GW their props though. they've also got wins over virginia-wise, anderson, and ferrum. and ferrum ain't half bad. they've got wins over both davis and elkins (that's one school for those uninformed), and lancaster bible. you don't just roll out the balls and beat lancaster bible. let's see how the ferrum squad fares this weekend against averett before passing final judgement. "
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

There's not a fan board anywhere that doesn't have negative comments all over it. Especially after horrible performances. Except maybe the Bradley board which has any and all negative comments about the Braves deleted rather quickly.
      Infinity Art Glass - Fantastic local artist and Shocker fan
      RIP Guy Always A Shocker
      Carpenter Place - A blessing to many young girls/women
      ICT S.O.S - Great local cause fighting against human trafficking
      Wartick Insurance Agency - Saved me money with more coverage.
      Save Shocker Sports - A rallying cry

Comment

Originally posted by SubGod22
        There's not a fan board anywhere that doesn't have negative comments all over it. Especially after horrible performances. Except maybe the Bradley board which has any and all negative comments about the Braves deleted rather quickly.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

In our time of trouble, the SIU board can be fun to read. :lol:

Reality.

ISU could lose 3 players and still kick our asses this year.

Sorry, but I would take Coach J over Peanuts any day of the week.

I expect SIU to recover and, I'm afraid, play well on Wednesday. :cry:
          Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

A game like last night's is naturally going to elicit frustration and some negative responses. It's difficult to be patient but important to remember the youth and inexperience, and try to focus on the individual development of players. Part of my personal enjoyment in following the team as I have for so many years is watching players develop. This will undoubtedly be an up and down year. How players have progressed, developed, matured by next season, in particular the freshman and sophmores, will be how I begin to assess the effectiveness of the coaching staff. I think we would all agree that Gregg has already shown he is going to be an effective recruiter. Whether he is as effective at developing those recruits into high quality division one players that suceed in the MVC is not yet known although his past record suggests he will be successsful. The word for the season ... patience.

Comment

Originally posted by kcshocker11
              Originally posted by SB Shock
              Originally posted by melcong4
              What does SIU have to do with my prediction.
              They predict they are going to a final 4 every year.

Frankly it better to reasonable expectations of WSU having a good team and make the post-season. You have to get there before anything special happens. How many teams make a final 4 where that is their players first trip to the NCAA?

if you are a true shocker fan - you might as well be in it "for the long haul," as Coach Marshall said.
              Special Memo to Coach Marshall - you better remember there is a large number of Shocker fans who have attended more Shocker B-Ball games than you have or probably ever will.

2nd, there a lot of fans that still remember what at Top 10, Top 20 team looks like with Carr, Livingston, X-Man (or recently the Miller/P.J./Brauer/Ogirri) teams. Where MTXE wasn't just a slogan but was lived out on the court.

If you think the roundhouse was loud for a few minutes the other night then you have not seen anything yet. Put a quality product on the floor that plays and fights their heart out every night and you'll be rewarded with a crowd response that will blow the roof off. You might even get even get to see the time when every fan stand and cheer the whole game (e.g. NIT game against Florida State).

Sorry SB, I dont think its your place to lecture HCGM. I lived and rooted for the Shocks in those days and one thing I know is it takes time to build a winning team. HCGM inherited a player situation that was less than stellar.
              I don't disagree with your assessment and I have faith he will get it turned around. But at the same time his position is rather weak to be lecturing fans through the newspaper on what he expect from them when he can't even get his team to play with any heart or passion.

Comment

A Final Four is not impossible if the "stars" are right. AE could be a good player if he learns a lot and plays the 4 rather than the 3; he has the height, wingspan and shot (when the mental aspects of his game are working correctly) to be a great college player. GS looks like he is improving through the season; he needs to pay his dues (e.g. learn to deal with double teams) this year, become stronger and develop into a dominate player as a junior and senior. TM needs to improve his defense and improve in general but he already looks very good. Hatch does some things well; I can see him being a "Funk-type" player as a senior with good shooting, smart passes, appropriate drives to the basket, etc. Johnny Coy would fill a hole we have if he can play good defense (and good offense); A.J. Hawkins' defense does not make me forget PJ. DK may end up being one of the best guards in the MVC as a junior and senior if he gets smarter. Having EO would be great too. ETC.
                Past is prologue. If "ifs and buts" were candy and nuts it would be Christmas every day. AE sucks it, plain and simple. IF he is a good player for an entire season to come I'll be very surprised.
                Wichita State, home of the All-Americans.

Comment

Big Ol' Badass Balla: I really hope you are surprised. However I will not be surprised if you are not surprised. In the last game of 2007-8, AE showed that he could play a big role. Until he gets his head (or something) straight, we won't see that AE on the court this year.

Comment

At a time when we have a significant recruit considering becoming a Shocker, perhaps some of you so called fans could curb the negativism.

If you've got to get the frustration out of your system, go out in your backyard and howl at the moon.
                    I think mocking a player, especially a freshman http://www.salukitalk.net/st/viewtopic.php?t=25220, is much more "negativism" than you would ever see on ShockerNet. (Of course, a lot of you didn't seem to like Gal much. :lol: )

Comment

I wish all you people would go get your own team to coach. Then come back here and tell me how easy it is. I would guess that none of you have coached or had to recruit players to your own program. Because if you had you would not be so quick to judge others. Please feel free to come back and bash this team and coaches when you have done it your self. But for now i don't think you have earned that right.

Comment

In our time of trouble, the SIU board can be fun to read. :lol:

Reality.

ISU could lose 3 players and still kick our asses this year.

Sorry, but I would take Coach J over Peanuts any day of the week.

I expect SIU to recover and, I'm afraid, play well on Wednesday. :cry:
                        Not that I think we'll win. But we won't lose because SIU played well...more because we played poorly again. This SIU team isn't team of past...if they haven't recovered by now (0-3 in the valley also) then I'm not sure they will "recover" this year. They are in the same boat as us and probably will be right there alongside us for this year.
                        "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                          Originally posted by melcong4
                          What does SIU have to do with my prediction.
                          They predict they are going to a final 4 every year.

Frankly it better to reasonable expectations of WSU having a good team and make the post-season. You have to get there before anything special happens. How many teams make a final 4 where that is their players first trip to the NCAA?

if you are a true shocker fan - you might as well be in it "for the long haul," as Coach Marshall said.
                          Special Memo to Coach Marshall - you better remember there is a large number of Shocker fans who have attended more Shocker B-Ball games than you have or probably ever will.

2nd, there a lot of fans that still remember what at Top 10, Top 20 team looks like with Carr, Livingston, X-Man (or recently the Miller/P.J./Brauer/Ogirri) teams. Where MTXE wasn't just a slogan but was lived out on the court.

If you think the roundhouse was loud for a few minutes the other night then you have not seen anything yet. Put a quality product on the floor that plays and fights their heart out every night and you'll be rewarded with a crowd response that will blow the roof off. You might even get even get to see the time when every fan stand and cheer the whole game (e.g. NIT game against Florida State).
                          Are Shirley and you related? Are you her son or somethin'?

Both of you are trouble makers.
                          "Prediction is very difficult, especially if it is about the future."

--Niels Bohr

Comment

Working...
                          X