Shocker Fitness report

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rZ: A friend of mine wrote a paper with the following Summary:
    "An investigation is made of which mass action chemical kinetics systems give rise to monotone or order-preserving flows independent of rate constants. A list of allowable reactions is given, as well as an algorithm for determining when a given chemical mechanism induces an order-preserving flow. Strict monotonicity and partial monotonicity results are also presented."

Another fun read on glycolysis and stoichiometric mechanisms:
    Autocatalytic and other general networks for chemical mechanisms, pathways, and cycles: their systematic and topological generation. (English summary)
    Applied graph theory and discrete mathematics in chemistry (Saskatoon, SK, 1991).
    J. Math. Chem. 12 (1993), no. 1-4, 319--363. :whistle:

The real answer is biology, not chemistry or math. Actual studies are more important that stoichiometric calculations because the parameters (e.g. "rate constants") are not really known - look, for example, at catalysis (and how little we know about rate constants).
    Some posts are not visible to me. :peaceful:
    Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

PS All my posts are in fun. Plus I'm a bit bored. Feel free to argue; who cares if you're right or wrong? :D
      :wsu_posters: :goshocks: :posterwu: :posterwsu:
      Don't worry too much about it. Just do all you can do and let the rough end drag.

Comment

Originally posted by tgcshock
        I am proud to be on shockernet, the most intelligent sportstalk board in the universe. :yahoo:
        I was impressed with rZ's reply and I agree with tgcshock. Let's see SalukiTalk top ShockerNet (because it will never happen!!) ;-) :D

Comment

Originally posted by SpanglerFan316
          rZ: A friend of mine wrote a paper with the following Summary:
          "An investigation is made of which mass action chemical kinetics systems give rise to monotone or order-preserving flows independent of rate constants. A list of allowable reactions is given, as well as an algorithm for determining when a given chemical mechanism induces an order-preserving flow. Strict monotonicity and partial monotonicity results are also presented."

Another fun read on glycolysis and stoichiometric mechanisms:
          Autocatalytic and other general networks for chemical mechanisms, pathways, and cycles: their systematic and topological generation. (English summary)
          Applied graph theory and discrete mathematics in chemistry (Saskatoon, SK, 1991).
          J. Math. Chem. 12 (1993), no. 1-4, 319--363. :whistle:

The real answer is biology, not chemistry or math. Actual studies are more important that stoichiometric calculations because the parameters (e.g. "rate constants") are not really known - look, for example, at catalysis (and how little we know about rate constants).
          A professor once told me that biology is the physical manifestation of chemical reactions on a macro scale. I understand your point though. Experimental data must be used to determine rate constant, but without knowing how the stoichiometric mumbo jumbo (actual scientific term :D ) works out, you cant get an answer. Anyway, chemistry makes me upset, both physically and emotionally. For me, its not fun anymore when it gets down to the molecular stuff.
          That rug really tied the room together.

Comment

Working...
          X