Watch Party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WuDrWu
    I have no idea how Larry Buds stays open. They had 1 of 2 big screens on the football game with exactly 3 people interested in that affair. The service was bad and the food AWFUL.

If the WSU cheerleaders promise to serve my next meal to me topless, I will not return.

Ok, I will but I won't eat.
    I was there also and I think you put it nicely. We got there early so we could get a great seat and then they only put one of the big screens on the game. I was so pissed I almost left. The service was terrible at our table also. I have never been in a bar where it was so hard to get a drink. I will never return, I will set in the car and listen to the radio before I go back there.........Unless of course the waitress is topless

Comment

Sorry my post sounded like a commercial. I had the Jerry's Ruben which was pretty good. And there will be at least 8 of us going back new years eve before the game. :good:

Comment

Larry Buds

We here at Larry Buds Sports Bar would just like to apologize to those who did not have a very good experience when you came in. This is the first i have heard about any troubles during the watch party and I had to find it on the internet. We would like to let you know that we appreciate all customers and any constructive critisim you may have for us. If only you bring it to a managers attention can we rectify the problem. If we dont know about a problem we can not fix it. Let us help you next time you come in to make your experience a great one. Sincerely Larry Buds Management :clap:
        Larry Bud's

Comment

Originally posted by WuDrWu
          Fev' is picking up what I'm puttin' down.
          Ok - I just read this since the thread was bumped back up, but...

In the context of what you two are talking about, I'm not sure Fever will appreciate this! :lol:

Comment

Re: Larry Buds

Originally posted by Larry Buds
            We here at Larry Buds Sports Bar would just like to apologize to those who did not have a very good experience when you came in. This is the first i have heard about any troubles during the watch party and I had to find it on the internet. We would like to let you know that we appreciate all customers and any constructive critisim you may have for us. If only you bring it to a managers attention can we rectify the problem. If we dont know about a problem we can not fix it. Let us help you next time you come in to make your experience a great one. Sincerely Larry Buds Management :clap:
            First impressions are everything in the restaurant business, sorry Larry Buds Management. Do a better job or you will be "selected" to close.

This is hilarious, a restaurant representative comes on here and drops an "if only you" on a thread about how much they suck... LMAO!

Hey, I have an idea newb, why don't you post this before your silly dump fades into nonexistence:

WE ARE VERY SORRY ABOUT WHAT HAPPENED AND WANT TO MAKE IT UP TO THE SHOCKER NATION. PM ME AND I WILL TAKE DOWN YOUR ADDRESS AND SEND YOU A GIFT CERTIFICATE FOR A FREE MEAL! AGAIN, WE ARE VERY VERY SORRY!!!

That's all that would have had to been said. Instead you scold those that wasted their evening at your dump for not embarrassing themselves by complaining... R. O. F. L.

..this person is definitely not a WSU grad...

T

...8)

Comment

Since this has turned into a Larry Buds bashing thread I just want to tell you all my thoughts. I have been to Larry Buds several times and really have never had a bad experience. I think the food is average when you consider that it is mostly typical bar food. I haven't had anything that made me go "wow", but I haven't had anything awful either. I have always had decent service and anytime I have asked for a TV to be changed to a different channel it has been done. It sucks that wudrwu and pogo had a bad experience, but I've been to Larry Buds before every home game and I have no complaints.

Comment

Welcome to the board Lary Bud's.

I've watched several games at Larry Bud's with no issues. It's been busy for most games, in fact it's hard to get a seat most of the time. If the SN wine and cheese crowd doesn't like it, so be it. Just more room for me and my friends.
                I ain't fallin fo no banana in tha tailpipe

Comment

I agree that Larry Bud's is a good place to watch a game. If a certain game isn't on a TV, just ask for it to be changed. I have done this, and surprisingly enough, I haven't been shot for asking. Like someone else said, the food isn't great, but it is decent for bar food. The beer is cold...and what else could you ask for.

Larry...don't pay attention to cold, he let's his insecurities come out quite often.

Comment

Originally posted by ShockCity
                    I agree that Larry Bud's is a good place to watch a game. If a certain game isn't on a TV, just ask for it to be changed. I have done this, and surprisingly enough, I haven't been shot for asking. Like someone else said, the food isn't great, but it is decent for bar food. The beer is cold...and what else could you ask for.

Larry...don't pay attention to cold, he let's his insecurities come out quite often.
                    C0|d - Insecurities = 0xymoron

Larry Bud's post = The wrong way to handle an unhappy customer.

P.S.

I have never been to Larry Bud's and probably never will. If I can't stand the food at Fox & Hound, I probably won't like it there either... lol

P.S.S.

I think somebody is letting their feelings about my posting in regards to GG's progress leak over into other topics! ;-)

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by emcfizzle
                      If the SN wine and cheese crowd doesn't like it, so be it. Just more room for me and my friends.
                      Amen to this!

Comment

And furthermore... :D

The only (subtle) display of insecurity in this thread was in the response by the proprietor. I have no patience for obvious public relations miscues. When you do poorly, you man up, offer immediate remuneration, apologize, and shut up!

You will have to forgive the tone of my voice but I am trying out the GG tough love method. How am I doing so far? :yes:

T

...8)

Comment

Cold's just pissed a free coupon hasn't been offered.

Comment

Every time I've been to Larry Bud's (or the Cedar... or Tanners), if the television wasn't on the channel most people wanted it on, it was changed.

I'd imagine that WSU games should take precedent over most anything else, but like other things in life, first-come, first-served is the law to live by.

For whatever reason, I've always felt like it's the best place in town to watch a game, no matter what incarnation it's been. Better than Heroes, better than Bolton's, better than Fox n Hound (which, due to service and food issues, I've vowed I won't ever go to again).

As far as service is concerned, my theory on the LB/NewCedar/Tanner's location is that the busy times are hard to predict. Do you have extra staff come in for just an hour before the game? I'm blessed with a close parking pass and can normally stay there for a bit longer than other people, so let me tell those who don't know: that place really clears out about 10 minutes before tip-off. Business after the game is unpredictable. Some times it's packed, other times it isn't. So how do you schedule staff for that?

There's been other, non WSU related events I've gone there to see. Show up for an oddball NFL playoff game, and it looks like you needed to get there an hour before kick-off to find a seat. OK, make a note of it. Few months later, make sure to get there an hour before a Final Four game, and the place never fills up even after the game starts.
                            The truth will set you free. But first, it will piss you off.

Comment

Nice Call on Larry Bud's

:wsu_posters:
                              Hello Shocker Nation. I thought since I own the place I might as well put in my 10 cents. But first of all why the hell is Stutz not getting more playing time? We lost 6 straight now and Stutz is hitting over 500 from the field and .619 from the line isn’t that bad for a big man feed him the rock. Is he out of shape can he not hang for 20 min a game???
                              My name is Will and good call on my manager, she did not graduate from WSU like I did! Class of 2000 Barton School of Business, Go Shox!!! I am completely sorry you received poor service I know exactly what day it was and what table you were sitting at, a little birdie told me. I would gladly buy you a meal on the house if you want to give LB’s another shot email me your info at larrybuds@hotmail.com. That day I had one of my best (and best looking) waitresses appendix ruptured and a no-call, no-show (that I fired). The waitress is better now and working full time. So I was short staffed that day, but that is no excuse. I will gladly pick up an apron and wait on your or anybody’s table if we are slammed. 19/20 times our service rocks, sorry your 20th visit happened on your first. I am still just a mom and pop start-up using my entrepreneur degree. I need all the input I can get if I am going to stay open for a long time.My family has a long history of cooking for local and charity events. Someone compared Fox & Hound food to Larry Bud’s even though they haven’t tasted it? Please kill me now. Come in and have a pulled pork sandwich on Sunday or try our famous Cluckers on Friday! That thought will never enter your dome again, I promise.
                              Anyway for now on now that I have a Long In ID I hope we can talk more B-Ball and Baseball which is around the corner. They start practice on 2-1-09 some of the over 21 teammates hangs out here all the time.
                              Go Shox!
                              Will Harmon
                              Larry Bud’s Owner
                              Larry Bud's

Comment

Great job Larry Bud/Will Harmon!

Comment

Working...
                                X