Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Marshall Era Randy Smithson Redux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
    Originally posted by rrshock
    I was around the program a little bit when Smithson was coach, and let me tell all of you this...The current program in no way should ever be compared to what it was when RS was coach. I liked Randy, but he was nothing like what Marshall is.

There aren't the problems with players there were in those days.

They both love to win and hate to lose, but how things are handled are probably different too.

We have heard absolutely not even a peep about any violations with the NCAA. There was always a rumor of it when RS was coach.

There have been players leave, in both situations, but they haven't been players that were actually recruited by Marshall, unlike what happened with Smithson. RS had a couple handfulls of players leave that he brought in. Mo Evans, a couple of Dutch guys, Watkins from Derby all come to mind right away, and I know there were more.

The program should not be compared, IMHO, to what it was in the Mid 90's.
    We have heard absolutely not even a peep about any violations with the NCAA. There was always a rumor of it when RS was coach.
    Ummm... we were investigated by KU (ERRRRRRRRRRR NCAA) for recruiting Maurice Evans. To save face and not make it look like yet again KU predating on WSU, they slapped a practice restriction on Randy for practicing a couple hours too long each week. :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

T

...8)
    Hate to break it to you, but that wasn't the only time the practicing too much came up. Many people probably just didn't hear about it, like the first instance.

Comment

Bump....can't shoot, ugly basketball, fouling more than our opponents, care to argue some more?

Comment

Originally posted by ShockerFever
        Randy Smithson?

Seriously?

That was a low blow dude.
        One single solitary post on the subject and that's what Denny has in the arsenal?

Sad.. :cry:
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

No

Comment

Subscribing...
            “Losers Average Losers.” ― Paul Tudor Jones

Comment

We had an NBA player (evans) and a all valley player in Perez and still sucked with RS.. :posterwu:
              Well, um, actually a pretty nice little Saturday, we're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, and Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

Comment

Bump…some entertaining holiday reading from 15 years ago!

Might help with putting current situation into perspective, time will tell.

Happy new year

Comment

Originally posted by shocktown View Post
                  Bump…some entertaining holiday reading from 15 years ago!

Might help with putting current situation into perspective, time will tell.

Happy new year
                  Apples and oranges. For me the concern isn't about the coaching but whether we can buy talent.

Comment

My goal was to get everyone stirred up. The thread was only two pages so it must not have worked.

I did get a few people to bite though.

Fever held his ground and called me an idiot.

Actually Shockernet as a whole was pretty accurate on the subject.
                    Last edited by shoxlax; December 31, 2023, 04:13 PM.

Comment

2008-09 was a rough year. WSU was getting ready to start Valley play and lose the first six games. This was also when WSU got beat in the MVC tournament by CU Booker Woodfox, who got 4 seconds to get a shot off with officially only 1.7 left on the clock to beat WSU.

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post
                        My goal was to get everyone stirred up. The thread was only two pages so it must not have worked.

How times have changed.
                        People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do. -Isaac Asimov

Comment

Originally posted by shoxlax View Post

Hey now sir, if I recall correctly, while we had a rocky start with each other, I in no way called you an idiot. That was sirshoxalot.

But this thread sure is a humorous reminder for some to slow down their dislike for the current coach based on his first 13 games in.
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Glad you pulled this up. I was wondering the same thing the other day.
                            I won't tolerate rude behavior

Comment

Working...
                            X