Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is the Marshall Era Randy Smithson Redux?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Is the Marshall Era Randy Smithson Redux?

Originally posted by shoxlax
    -No offensive chemistry
    -No respect from the refs
    -Overmatched and overscheduled
    -Players constantly in the doghouse

Discuss!
    Get a larger doghouse.

Go away.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky Del Rio
      -No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
      Get a larger doghouse.

Go away.
      Well put, Ricky!! :good:

Comment

-No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
        -No sense
        -No respect for this thread
        -Don't know what you're talking about
        -Unable to look into the future

You're an idiot!

Comment

-No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
          Interesting thread!

There are indeed similarities, and while nobody knows definitively how HCGM will do at WSU, you gotta believe it will be better than Randy. HCGM is recruiting very well regarded athletes and recruiting is 75% of the battle.

Your craziest uncle could coach a team like UNC to 25 wins.

P.S.

I love the tough scheduling and hope it continues. You'll never get a chance to score if you don't show up at the party.

T

...8)

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded
            -No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
            Interesting thread!

There are indeed similarities, and while nobody knows definitively how HCGM will do at WSU, you gotta believe it will be better than Randy. HCGM is recruiting very well regarded athletes and recruiting is 75% of the battle.

P.S.

I love the tough scheduling and hope it continues. You'll never get a chance to score if you don't show up at the party.

T

...8)
            What are the similarities?
            Because Denny Crane says so Dammit!

Comment

Originally posted by Denny Crane
              -No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
              Interesting thread!

P.S.

T

...8)
              Both overemphasize defense.

Both proclaim toughness as the foundation of their program.

Both are blue-collar, us-against-them-mentality coaches.

Both run military-style practices and are NOT player's coaches (that's all I'll say about that).

Both came without the upper-crust tutelage like what the Turdge had experienced.

Both dominated (and had fairly lengthy careers -9&11 seasons) as head coaches of much lower level programs (albeit Randy's level was quite a bit lower than Marshall's).

Both appear to be the kind of people that would be more than happy to go behind the arena after the game and kick the **** out of the night's referee staff.

I think both would attempt to beat a tree down with a blunt axe and brute force instead of sharpening it and taking accurate strokes.

T

...8)

Comment

-No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
                Interesting thread!

P.S.

T

...8)
                Physique?
                SFL is back!

Comment

Originally posted by SB Shock
                  -No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
                  the big joke that was going around in my shocker circles was:

Ron Prince, Randy Smithson, Gregg Marshall. What do these three have in common?

None know much about basketball.
                  Probably not very accurate or fair, but shows the frustration that some shocker fans are starting to feel because right now there does not seem to be any progress, even an illusion of progress.
                  No progress? Have you seen the differenc in athletes that we now have on the floor? Marchall is coaching a team that he basically put together from scratch. Before the season started, nobody would have ever said we would be in games with MSU, GU, and beat Sienna. We didn't play well agianst TCU, but it was a road game against a good opponent that plays excellent defense. Show AMrchall and the guys some respesct! He is doing a good job and will continue to improve as the season goes on.

Comment

Originally posted by shocker22

No progress? Have you seen the differenc in athletes that we now have on the floor?
                    Sorry, I want to see progress. I really do. The Tech and TCU games wouldn't have bothered me so much except I saw the same same problems that have been causing them problems. When it happens once or twice you can say it is a isolated incident. But when those same problem occur 5 games in a row it more of a trend.

Before the season started, nobody would have ever said we would be in games with MSU, GU, and beat Sienna.
                    Sorry last time I looked it was W-L not W-L-M. Moral victories are for losers.

We didn't play well agianst TCU, but it was a road game against a good opponent that plays excellent defense.
                    Did they really play good defense or did WSU offense just suck? The imperical data says WSU offense sucks, Marshall says "Terribly offensively".

Show AMrchall and the guys some respesct! He is doing a good job and will continue to improve as the season goes on.
                    Coaches are judged on W-L. He is being paid what he's being payed to win games and I might add it is a pretty big sum of money. Results are expected in that investment.

I do think the odds are he will get this program turned around - but I'm not sure he doesn't have some house cleaning yet to do before it will happen.

I hope the TCU was the low point of the season and it was just a team worn out from being on the road and from this point on the light bulb comes on and the team improves each an every game win or lose. That is my hope.

Comment

The fact is that while GM is helping our team improve, every other team is also improving. It takes an extraordinary effort by players & coaches to take a team to the level superior to all other teams after the season starts.

Comment

-No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
                        Interesting thread!

P.S.

T

...8)

Both run military-style practices and are NOT player's coaches (that's all I'll say about that).

Both came without the upper-crust tutelage like what the Turdge had experienced.

Both dominated (and had fairly lengthy careers -9&11 seasons) as head coaches of much lower level programs (albeit Randy's level was quite a bit lower than Marshall's).

Both appear to be the kind of people that would be more than happy to go behind the arena after the game and kick the #### out of the night's referee staff.

I think both would attempt to beat a tree down with a blunt axe and brute force instead of sharpening it and taking accurate strokes.

T

...8)
                        So are you going to hate Marshall when we're good, too?

Comment

Originally posted by SirShoxAlot
                          -No offensive chemistry

Discuss!
                          Interesting thread!

P.S.

T

...8)

Both appear to be the kind of people that would be more than happy to go behind the arena after the game and kick the #### out of the night's referee staff.

T

...8)
                          So are you going to hate Marshall when we're good, too?
                          Young man, I don't hate Randy Marshall. But at this rate, he is going to have to recruit a lot of really big blunt axes to overcome our lack of sharpness! 8)

T

...8)

Comment

In case you haven't noticed, the teams we're being beaten by have pretty impressive RPI's. I think our guys are still adjusting to the difference in style and speed (which will definately drop off in future games) and learning some invaluable lessons along the way. The Coach should have all of us lining up in support (wonder how many winning seasons Shoxlax has) of the program that's being developed. We have superior athletics in the program now to those of several previous seasons and strong recruits in the wings joining us next year and we want to cry??????????? Shame Shame Shame

Comment

Originally posted by richardj43
                              In case you haven't noticed, the teams we're being beaten by have pretty impressive RPI's. I think our guys are still adjusting to the difference in style and speed (which will definately drop off in future games) and learning some invaluable lessons along the way. The Coach should have all of us lining up in support (wonder how many winning seasons Shoxlax has) of the program that's being developed. We have superior athletics in the program now to those of several previous seasons and strong recruits in the wings joining us next year and we want to cry??????????? Shame Shame Shame
                              If Marshall wants support, he should never look here. If most of the guys on here had their way, we'd have a coaching change every three games regardless of whether we're winning, and every season half the players would lose their scholarships...
                              Deep in the heart of couldn't give a crap about college basketball-land and I miss the SHOX.
                              Students > Alumni
                              If you EVER want to open your damn mouths about Selection Sunday, READ THIS FIRST: http://www.midmajority.com/p/1296
                              The ONLY document that means ANYTHING: http://www.bbstate.com/schools/WICH/sheet

Comment

Originally posted by fastbow
                                If Marshall wants support, he should never look here. If most of the guys on here had their way, we'd have a coaching change every three games regardless of whether we're winning, and every season half the players would lose their scholarships...
                                We're fans and some of us are impatient and don't understand enough to know better.

But I think you've made your point for the 10th time now. :whistle:
                                Deuces Valley.
                                ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                                X