Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by McShocker
    Originally posted by WuDrWu
    I never cared for the way Jamar Howard represented my school, no matter how well he played. He should have been reeled in....his antics will always be a black eye on our University.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way.
    Your not, I know also several people who were not happy. Hindsight is 20-20, but looking back and knowing what we know now it all makes sense if you look at how Jamar Howard finished.

Comment

Originally posted by rjl
      Originally posted by ShockRef
      I'm still trying to figure out what happened 50+ years ago and a thug punching a defenseless player in the groin Wednesday night have in common. I guess you are trying to tie it to racial/civil issue from the 50's thinking no one will argue against it to justify your point. Your assertion is about something few on here know about, let alone were alive at the time. A lot of improvements have taken place since then and trying to use your example as a crutch to make a point is far fetched and quite strange.
      Try something else. 8)
      Originally posted by WuDrWu

I'm still not sure I completely understand the reference.

Assuming what you say is fact, are you making a glass house comparison?

It seems to me that you are trying to make a point that, imho, is at the root of many of our social problems today.

Just because 1 person does something wrong doesn't mean another gets a free pass.
      As has been repeated in this thread already, the original poster said they "can't even entertain the notion that a Shocker would ever stoop that low", and 60shock responded with a memory of the Shockers doing just that.

Now, I'd be disinclined to believe that happened given the lack of any corroborating evidence in the 50 years since it's happened, but 60schock was merely rebutting a point that the thread was started on. What's so hard to understand about that?

And ShockRef, your continued attacking of posters on Shockernet or attributing their contentions to some conspirital agenda which you then attack like some tinfoil-hat wearing lunatic instead of debating the merits of the poster's argument is getting pretty old.
      Why am I not surprised by your self rightous, 'I represent the people' type of response.
      Go work on your Obama inauguration travel plans. 8)
      Above all, make the right call.

Comment

Working...
      X