X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by forevershockerfan
    Here's the deal 1-Creighton 2. SIU 3. Ill. St. 4. Shocks 5. Drake

6. Bradley 7. N. Iowa 8. Evansville 9. Mo St. 10. Ind. ST
    If SIU is the #2 ranked MVC team, the MVC really, really sucks. They lose to a 2-6 Charlotte team AT HOME

RDR I believe we are seeing the ABYSSSSSSS!!!!!!! :)

Comment

NOT a prediction of conference finish, just a look at the first 3 weeks performance.

For fun I decided to see if I could come up with a decent performance metric based only on logic and information contained in the RPI calculations. In my system wins pretty much define the teams floor with losses defining it's ceiling, not totally of course, but they are more significent than in the RPI calculations. FWIW, Evansville's rating would not even be sniffing the top 30 teams in the country. Being largely based on RPI numbers, accuracy this early is a joke but hopefully should start getting pretty good by conference play. Primarily for my amusement but thought you might be interested.

1. Evansville............0.5232 - an outlier, to few games but a nice start.
      2. Missouri State......0.4001
      3. Bradley................0.3986
      4. Illinois State.........0.3639 - no losses to help define an upper level, poor schedule keeps floor pretty low
      5. Creighton.............0.3577
      6. Drake...................0.2518
      7. Northern Iowa......0.2294
      8. Wichita State........0.2020
      9. Southern Illinois...0.1111
      10. Indiana State......0.0000 - no wins = 0 rating.

Looking at the conference ratings was also of interest - I have the MVC currently at #9. The problem is that we don't seem to be in a fight with the number 7 and 8 conferences, but rather the number 10 and 11.

Comment

Working...
      X