No announcement yet.

Where will WE finish

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Let's see who all has a healthy team all year long before going too far. Our apparent depth gives us a leg up in that deal, I assume, tho.

Comment

I predict we don't play Thursday in St. Lo.

Comment

Originally posted by Shox21
        I predict we don't play Thursday in St. Lo.
        I predict you are right, as we are off this Thursday.

HAHAHAHAHHAHHAHA
        I had season FOOTBALL tix... did you?

Comment

If Stutz was dominating like Cole Aldrich does, I would say the top 3, but he isn't, and truth be told, he is a little clumsy on the court, and is a Freshman, and needs more upper body strength.

I am still sticking with about 5th-6th because we have Clemente. Without Clemente, we would be in 9th place. Our Offensive execution needs to improve.

Comment

I say 4-5. I understand what people are saying in terms of a team starting out fast but finishing slowly due to the long season - I'm just glad Marshall & Co. ran the team so hard before the season to get them in shape.

Comment

Aldrich is a soph, he was unsure and awkward at the beginning of last year only to kick it in at the end. Garrett is developing and will be a better player by March, no not better than Aldrich, just improved from now. i like that he shows some skills with movement and is not relying on bulk, that greater mass will come.
              Unleash Brett Burley, let all tremble before him!!!

Comment

As long as we can keep the injury bug away, I believe we can finish 3rd-5th in the Valley. This weekend the Shox showed real promise & growth.

Comment

Here's what I wrote in the New Schedule New Prediction thread back in September.

Originally posted by 1979Shocker
                  They're other things you have to take into account. One being that we're playing a tougher schedule and the other being that the teams in the league will be tougher this year than last year. I think we'll be better than last year, but it might not translate into more wins. I myself think that 17 wins will be a good season. I would guess 16 home wins and 1 win on the road. I'm not expecting any wins in the Old Spice Classic. I could see us getting to 20 wins if we take care of business at home and win 1 game in the Old Spice Classic. Then we'd only need 3 wins on the road in the league. All this is not counting any wins in the post season tournament(s).
                  We won 1 game in the Old Spice Classic, but we also lost 1 at home. So if we split this upcoming 2 game road trip, then we could still be on track to get to 20 wins which 3 wins on the road in the league would give.

That could put us at 12-6 in the league. Last year's MVC standings had 3rd place at 11-7. I don't know if we could get that high, so at least 4th place sounds pretty reasonable.

Comment

I say we do play in the play-in round in the Valley tournament. Yes this team showed signs of life last weekend in Orlanod, but let's not forget they lost to a UMKC team that isn't even in the same league as either of the 3 teams we played. We have a young, inconsistent team that will lose games they should win, and have a chance of winning a few games they should lose, like we saw last weekend. I'd love it if this team could finish in the top half of the valley, but I just dont' see it, not until they get some consistency

Comment

Anywhere 4-6. No play in.

Comment

I'm sticking with a 4-6 season finish.

Third place Tournament

NIT - Border line

Comment

4th in the Valley, maybe better. 17 plus total wins. 2nd at the Mo Valley Tourney. The NIT this year would be a huge step forward but a stretch for this Season.. I think only 1-2 MVC teams will make the Dance this year. For us to Dance this year, we would have to win the MVC Tournament. Next Season and the one following, the Shockers will contend for the Valley and scatch and claw our way back to the Dance.
                          Shocker basketball will forever be my favorite team in all of sports.

Comment

Working...
                          X