• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShockerFever
    Originally posted by Shoxfan11
    I don't think some of you have learned your lesson after 06-07.. :roll:

I know I have.
    Losing close games to Georgetown and Michigan State on a neutral court will most likely have a different effect than beating LSU and UAB (neither very good teams) on our home court....
    06-07, not 07-08. Think about that one again.
    Ahhh, my bad.

Although I will say that we have a different coach and a totally different team which really plays into it, so I definitely am more optimistic this time.

Comment

Originally posted by C0|dB|00ded

I know I have.
      Losing close games to Georgetown and Michigan State on a neutral court will most likely have a different effect than beating LSU and UAB (neither very good teams) on our home court....
      That sounds like a direct inference toward the coach because we have all new players. So you think our coach will be a total failure for us?

T

...8)
      No, I just know now anything can happen in this game. Teams showing promise in November can fall flat for whatever reason, run out of gas, or finally be figured out, whatever the case may be.. just like teams that look like crap in November can turn a 180 and become destiny's child in March..

I just don't want to base 1 or 2 games of mediocre play for the rest of the season.

I sure as heck haven't started threads questioning our coach and his abilities like some have.. :roll:
      Deuces Valley.
      ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I know I have.
        Ahhh, my bad.

Although I will say that we have a different coach and a totally different team which really plays into it, so I definitely am more optimistic this time.
        I agree. Totally different circumstances. I just don't wanna get too far ahead just yet. I wanna see December come and go and see how consistent this team can be. Being young and inexperienced, we know consistency is gonna be hard to find.
        Deuces Valley.
        ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Originally posted by McShocker

I know I have.
          Is the lesson to become a cynicall a-hole who tries to stamp out any positive feelings on a message board. If that is the lesson, you learned it WAY better than anybody else.

Some teams tank. Some exceed expectations. I don't know what to expect from this team but I am going to keep my expectation moderate, hope the Shocks exceed my expectations, and enjoy the ride. And I will not ever try to rain on other Shocker fans' parades in the name of "realism".

Get excited. I hope I'm wrong about everything. I just don't like setting myself up, because I'm that much of a diehard fan.. So I go my way, you go yours. Like I said, I can only reach the blind so far..
          There are obviously some on here who go way over the top with the positive stuff and unrealistic expectations, but what are they hurting? If you were only protecting yourself from disappointment, you could ignore them, but you don't. You also don't just state your opinion and move on. I respect your opinion, but quit trying to force it on everyone else. You are free to be pessimistic with the hope of being wrong, and others can be optimistic with the hope of being right. To each their own.

For the record, I'm in the middle. I still don't think we finish top 4, but I think we are higher than the poll prediction of 9. I think we will start competing for titles next year, and will continue to for several years. If SF or anyone else disagrees with me, great, life would suck if we were all the same. There is no reason to constantly be trying to belittle one another's positions when we all want the same thing.

Comment

You're right McShocker.

I'm gonna do what AJ should start doing..

Stop forcing.. :whistle:

No, but seriously, you're right.
            Deuces Valley.
            ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

I know I have.
              Is the lesson to become a cynicall a-hole who tries to stamp out any positive feelings on a message board. If that is the lesson, you learned it WAY better than anybody else.

Some teams tank. Some exceed expectations. I don't know what to expect from this team but I am going to keep my expectation moderate, hope the Shocks exceed my expectations, and enjoy the ride. And I will not ever try to rain on other Shocker fans' parades in the name of "realism".

Get excited. I hope I'm wrong about everything. I just don't like setting myself up, because I'm that much of a diehard fan.. So I go my way, you go yours. Like I said, I can only reach the blind so far..
              There are obviously some on here who go way over the top with the positive stuff and unrealistic expectations, but what are they hurting? If you were only protecting yourself from disappointment, you could ignore them, but you don't. You also don't just state your opinion and move on. I respect your opinion, but quit trying to force it on everyone else. You are free to be pessimistic with the hope of being wrong, and others can be optimistic with the hope of being right. To each their own.

For the record, I'm in the middle. I still don't think we finish top 4, but I think we are higher than the poll prediction of 9. I think we will start competing for titles next year, and will continue to for several years. If SF or anyone else disagrees with me, great, life would suck if we were all the same. There is no reason to constantly be trying to belittle one another's positions when we all want the same thing.
              Actually I'm right with you on the "better than 9th, but still around 4th-6th" category. :D
              "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

I am more interested to see how they perform the next two games in hostile environments. I would say the Shox fans in Orlando helped the team out immensley. When Valley play starts, this team is going to have to perform on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by RUShock75
                  I am more interested to see how they perform the next two games in hostile environments. I would say the Shox fans in Orlando helped the team out immensley. When Valley play starts, this team is going to have to perform on the road.
                  Very true. And who knows what Texas Tech really has this year...they have been kinda all over the place as far as scoring goes.

As far as the crowd the Michigan St game may as well have been almost a road game LOL. My sister and her family are there and they said they were outnumbered by a BUNCH by the MSU fans...kinda intimidating I guess. And that MSU crowd got kinda loud a couple times.

I will say though...so far we win every other game...so I guess we win at Texas Tech ;-)
                  "He called me around noon and was thrilled," Brandt said. "He said he was going to be a Shocker forever." -- RIP Guy, you WILL indeed be a Shocker forever!

Comment

We may have been outnumbered but we were not out yelled. Every time they started a chant (one side would yell Go Green and then point to the other side of the arena and they would yell Go White) In previous games it was quite loud and would continue for several minutes. Today when the other side of the arena would yell Go Green and point we would yell Go Shox and would literally drown out their answering Go White. They would normally give up after 3 to 5 times of getting Go Shox back at them. I would classify Orlando as a NEUTRAL site due to the shocker faithful. Our people were absolutely great and from what I saw represented WSU with class.

Comment

Originally posted by pogo
                      We may have been outnumbered but we were not out yelled. Every time they started a chant (one side would yell Go Green and then point to the other side of the arena and they would yell Go White) In previous games it was quite loud and would continue for several minutes. Today when the other side of the arena would yell Go Green and point we would yell Go Shox and would literally drown out their answering Go White. They would normally give up after 3 to 5 times of getting Go Shox back at them. I would classify Orlando as a NEUTRAL site due to the shocker faithful. Our people were absolutely great and from what I saw represented WSU with class.
                      Absolutely, props to the WSU faithful that could make it!

Comment

4th Nit bound
                        I have come here to chew bubblegum and kickass ... and I'm all out of bubblegum.

Comment

5th

Comment

I can't see where Valley competition is going to be close to Siena, Gtown, and MSU. I can't see WSU putting out the effort over the entire Valley season that they put out this weekend.

4th.

SIU and CU should be the top of the Valley. Ilst too - but IlSt won't have any experience from tough games.

The WSU team we saw this weekend isn't the same WSU team that lost to UMKC, but the team that lost to UMKC is likely to show up a time or two before the season is over.

WSU has come together as a team a bit earlier than we thought. That could disintegrate and WSU is about certain to lose some games they shouldn't.

If CU, SIU, or IlSt stumbles in any way, I think the Shox are in a position to move into the top 3.
                            The future's so bright - I gotta wear shades.
                            We like to cut down nets and get sized for championship rings.

Comment

I like that kind of logic and enthusiasm. I like it alot. Go Shox.

Comment

Honest, I was gonna say 4th before I read the other posts

Comment

Working...
                                X