No announcement yet.

Stutz should have redshirted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• lol - Anyone that can not figure it out in 1 year of play isn't smart enough to be on the court in my books. Basketball is not Rocket Science folks. If you are not smart enough to spot flaws or defiencies in your own play and get them corrected, then you have reached your ceiling as a player.
    (Most of our players have been playing basketball most of their lives, and should have figured out what they need to do to be better players before they even got to college). I am not real good at tolerating Stupidity.

I find it most useful to evaluate players by what they lack in order to get to the next level of play, or pro level.

Comment

• The last four posts make me feel like my head is going to explode. The block came from the weak side just like Kyles does over and over again to shocker opponents. I wonder if all his blocks are against stupid players?

As Paul pointed out yesterday, he gets on rolls when he gets in a rythym and with his attributes some match-ups are not going to help him get going. It will happen just like it happened for other big guys and for him last year despite the experts on here.

I believe confidence is probably more important than his skills or "quickness." I believe a good game will bring it back.

Comment

• Originally posted by SHOXMVC
        Is it going to really matter that much.? You can't make cement shoes dance like Fred & Ginger for crying out load. He is a slow 7-footer....PERIOD...it won't change if he had 8 years of college. He is a matchup kind of player. He will do well against the likes of Egolf, VanDeest, van Tongeren, Creekmore & maybee O'Rear. Questionable vs. Teague & Lawson. He is not a player that will do well against BCS types of post players. He is slow to move & react. GS is not what he was advertised. We need to deal with it.
        This is basically true, but it is not so much about him being a little slow, as he is just not as athletic as we hoped he would be. He is no Cole Aldrich.

Comment

• Originally posted by ISASO
          Crazy part is, you get him out on the floor, see him dribble the ball up the floor, make a nice pass, hit a three and you salivate. But then you watch him struggle to get off a 1-footer with a 6'6" guy on him and you have say ####.

Will he forever be a 7-foot guard?
          Seeing him dribble the ball on an open court with no defender on him should not make anyone salivate or get excited. His main job is not shooting 3's. That leaves him with the inside work to get done, and to date has not shown the footwork or awareness to play that position.

I, too, had hoped that he would have made more progress by now, and by not seeing any added positives yet this year, being his third, I doubt if he will match our expectations over the next 1.5 years.

Comment

• All Garret ( and Demetric) need to do is find a way to play as well as they did for the final 10 or 12 games of last season. In particular, GS has a great supporting cast...He just needs to be fair to good for us to have a great season.

Comment

• No, Stutz should not have been redshirted this year. However, I do believe he should have been redshirted his Freshman year (ala Paul Miller). That was a throw away year anyway.

I think we would all feel a little better about him if this was his 2nd year of eligibility.

In any case, it wasn't done so at this point we are talking purely theoreticals.

Comment

• "Stutz should have redshirted"

"WE'VE LANDED ON THE MOON!"

"Any time Detroit scores more than a hundred points and holds the other team below a hundred points, they almost always win."—Doug Collins
                SFL is back!

Comment

• Originally posted by SFL
                  Really! :shock:

Comment

• I wouldn't say that Stutz has regressed.

There are games and matchups that will make Stutz look good and there are games and matchups where Stutz will look weak. Against SDSU he looked weak as did our entire front line, with the exception of Durley...

No question he has to be aggressive, but in that game it would have earned him a charging foul or two. We were simply outclassed as a team by their bigs. It was one of those nights.

:goshocks: :goshocks:
                    Kansas is Flat. The Earth is Not!!

Comment

• Originally posted by 1972Shocker
                      Originally posted by SFL
                      Really! :shock:

Comment

• I wish we could make an un-post to un-bump a thread. Yes, everyone wishes he had been ABLE to redshirt his freshman year, but we had absolutely zero depth in the post. Let's get over it and move forward. :wsu_posters:

Comment

• People will disagree, but I miss Cold.. :cry:
                          Deuces Valley.
                          ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

• Originally posted by ShockerFever
                            People will disagree, but I miss Cold.. :cry:

Then take him up on his offer to start up a new Shocker message board if some body would run it.
                            In the fast lane

Comment

• Originally posted by tropicalshox
                              Originally posted by ShockerFever
                              People will disagree, but I miss Cold.. :cry:

Then take him up on his offer to start up a new Shocker message board if some body would run it.
                              I was thinking the "everybody gets a second chance" approach.
                              Deuces Valley.
                              ... No really, deuces.

- a smart man

Comment

Working...
                              X